Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Cabecote

I know that Sweet Potatoes are eaten in multiple countries, and that Sweet Potatoes are consumed in South America. That was never the issue, the issue is where specifically Roasted Sweet Potatoes were generally eaten, especially when Wikipedia made it sound as though Roasted Sweet Potatoes (NOT Sweet Potatoes in general, specifically Roasted Sweet Potatoes) were strictly eaten in East Asia.
Eric, how are sweet potatoes strictly eaten there? Will the food police raid your house if you eat a roasted sweet potato in whatever US state you live in? Should I stop visiting a restaurant 2 blocks away, because they're selling roasted sweet potatoes on Western Europe??
... Retro wasn't able to, I don't expect some self-awareness (or admitting to be wrong) from your part, so feel free to continue with your know-it-all attitude.

(...) Of course, maybe if the idiots doing DOAXVV bothered to add actual nationalities to the girls' bios, we'd actually know with absolute certainty.
I like fluff too, I like the tiny bits of info like birthdays/origin countries, but imagine being this pressed over the lack of trivia :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Less hyperventilation, more relaxation on the Venus islands!

otnesse

Eric, how are sweet potatoes strictly eaten there? Will the food police raid your house if you eat a roasted sweet potato in whatever US state you live in? Should I stop visiting a restaurant 2 blocks away, because they're selling roasted sweet potatoes on Western Europe??
... Retro wasn't able to, I don't expect some self-awareness (or admitting to be wrong) from your part, so feel free to continue with your know-it-all attitude.

I like fluff too, I like the tiny bits of info like birthdays/origin countries, but imagine being this pressed over the lack of trivia :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Less hyperventilation, more relaxation on the Venus islands!

First of all, I'm just going strictly by what Wikipedia said, since I have no information on that staple anywhere else, and since they listed it as an East Asian diet and specifically only listed Japan, China, and Korea as the places such is eaten at, not saying or even considering the possibility that it's a meal in, say, South America despite Sweet Potatoes being grown there, I HAVE to go by that view since there IS no other way that I know of (and I'm not saying there IS no other way, just none that I can think of.). Personally, I would prefer that I'm wrong in this case since having Luna be Chinese or Korean despite clearly not having a Chinese or Korean name makes absolutely no sense. And why the heck would a food police even exist, anyway?

Second of all, considering that there are three characters who are very obviously not Japanese (or even Asian for that matter) in the game, not counting the nine that were originally in Xtreme 3 or Leifang, it comes across as stupid that they don't list the nationalities (especially not when past Xtreme games, heck, past Dead or Alive games for that matter, made absolute certain that they listed the nationalities of the girls, even in Xtreme 3, which like Xtreme Venus Vacation was not released outside Asia).

No one cares about their nationalities. Cuteness transcends all national boundaries and is basically international in form.

If no one cared, then please explain why Team Ninja viewed it as completely necessary with the mainline games and Xtreme Beach Volleyball, Xtreme 2, Paradise, as well as Xtreme 3?

KwonJigglypuff

Guys. Luna is Russian since :
- NiCO was based on her and she was supposed to be Russian
- Russia is a cold/empoverished country (at least from Japan POV) where they eat sweet potatoes and which is known for its "field work"/scientist trope

You know I'm right and you're wrong. Now STFU.

kidding, I don't care
I'd love her to be from Mongolia actually

Edit : I love your researches otnesse, you're crazy <3

hardseppo

Marie-Rose SSR Suit Sequence (Sweet Chocolatier SSR) with lotions

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Marie-Rose-SSR-Suit-Sequence-(Sweet-Chocolatier-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

hardseppo

Kasumi SSR Suit Sequence (Jewel Amethyst SSR) with lotions

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Kasumi-SSR-Suit-Sequence-(Jewel-Amethyst-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

Kasumi Birthday Extra Episode 2020 (Jewel Amethyst SSR) with lotions

DOAX-VenusVacation_200223_101108.jpg

Kasumi Birthday 2020 Ring Sequence (Jewel Amethyst SSR) with lotions

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Kasumi-Birthday-2020-Ring-Sequence-(Jewel-Amethyst-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

Last edited:

otnesse

Well, we can definitely say it's Tamaki (not much of a surprise there, since she had connections to DOATEC, and is one of only four girls, including Misaki, who had previously known a DOA fighter before arriving at the Venus Islands).

And based on the bio they supplied for her, she's definitely confirmed to be Japanese. Kind of wish they released Monica, Fiona, and/or Luna, though, since at least that would give confirmation to their nationalities rather than just stating they're not Japanese.

EDIT: Here's the English subbed teaser (I don't know if it's given in English voice tracks, though. I don't actually have the sound on for my computer):

otnesse

So a character from a spinoff game joins the main game. My question is, when is Tina (and the rest) joining DOAXVV (and X3)? :D
Assuming they stick to the whole "girls go free before their birthday" thing, we'll probably see either Rachel or Lisa next, then Mila, then either Tina or Christie, then maybe anther OC to fill up space until either Lisa or Rachel (depending on which of the two was released earlier), then another OC to fill up space, and then either Christie or Tina (depending on which of the two was released earlier).

hardseppo

Kasumi Gravure Panel (Jewel Amethyst SSR) with malfunction and lotions

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Kasumi-Gravure-Panel-(Jewel-Amethyst-SSR)-with-malfunction-and-lotions.jpg

Kanna SSR Suit Sequence (Sweet Chocolatier SSR) with lotions

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Kanna-SSR-Suit-Sequence-(Sweet-Chocolatier-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

Last edited:

RetroMe91

Assuming they stick to the whole "girls go free before their birthday" thing, we'll probably see either Rachel or Lisa next, then Mila, then either Tina or Christie, then maybe anther OC to fill up space until either Lisa or Rachel (depending on which of the two was released earlier), then another OC to fill up space, and then either Christie or Tina (depending on which of the two was released earlier).
It’s been over year since they put Leifang in the game, I think it’s safe to say that we won’t be seeing any of the returning girls in VV and they’ve basically killed DOAX3.

otnesse

It’s been over year since they put Leifang in the game, I think it’s safe to say that we won’t be seeing any of the returning girls in VV and they’ve basically killed DOAX3.
Don't be so sure about that, at least regarding DOAXVV. They still had CRI, MIL, and RAC in the data, and apparently had LIS in the data as well. And besides, Sakuta D made it perfectly clear that the classic DOA girls, not just Leifang, were very highly requested by the audiences, and he even implied in an interview with Famitsu during the second anniversary that they have plans to add more girls in. And besides, not like they can do anyone else right now, since they've already fulfilled their Western and Japanese OC quota with Monica and Sayuri, respectively, and considering they don't do any other events besides TGS 2019 and DOAFES, not like they can just create another ancient mythological girl like Kanna to fill in the slot anyhow, so the only thing left IS to add in the cut girls.

Won't comment on DOAX3, though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD