DOAX-VenusVacation_220525_005113.jpg

DOAX-VenusVacation_220525_005116.jpg

DOAX-VenusVacation_220525_005121.jpg

DOAX-VenusVacation_220525_005123.jpg

DOAX-VenusVacation_220525_005127.jpg

DOAX-VenusVacation_220524_140830.jpg

DOAX-VenusVacation_220524_141147.jpg

Kasumi-Phase-X

Spent like 85k stones chasing this skin for Tamaki. Absolutely worth it!

Took Me 2 10-Draw Pilot Outfit First Half Tickets, 20,000 Free V-Stones, and spent 5,000 Paid V-Stone (which you get the option after spending 5,000 Trendy Gacha 6 Times, you can spend Paid V-Stones which will grantee 1 outfit) just to get Tamaki's Outfit.

otnesse

Since Saturday, I've gotten Tina up to level 80 in both the Steam and DMM versions. To prove it, I'll post the transcriptions for all her character episodes. They're obviously going to be marked with spoiler tags, since they deal with spoilers to come for anyone who hasn't gotten to level 80 yet:

Episode 1: Not a fan?

Tina: The South Pacific sun feels so nice ♪ I'm going to enjoy this vacation as much as I can ♪ Mm-hmm… What a feeling! I suppose I ought to check in now. Hey there, good morning ♪ Take care of my luggage, 'kay? Thank y-- Oh, you're not the bellboy? Ah, then, an autograph? Sure thing. *Humming* And…there you have it ♪ A picture, too? Ah, why not? One for the memories ♪

(camera flash)

Tina: Something's odd here. You with the media or something? I'm traveling incognito, so I'm not doing interviews.

(camera flash)

Tina: Can you stop with the pictures? Even a star needs her private time. Hm? The Boss? Not sure what you mean by that, but I assume you're a fan? I'll show you a little charm in place of a greeting then ♪

Tina: Huh? You're not a fan? And you don't even know who I am? Oh my gosh! I don't believe this, don't you watch television? Who the heck are you anyway? "The owner of this island?" Which explains the "Boss" thing a bit ago… But why would you call out to me if you're not even a fan? Because I'm "super dazzling?" Heheh ♪ Maybe you've been living under a rock, but you know beauty when you see it ♪ Hm? So…you want me to join this "Venus Fest?" Sorry. I'm here incognito, so I'm off the clock. A contest of "strength and beauty?" Where the "most dazzling girls gather to compete?" Well now, sounds like fun! Strength and beauty, where I can shine like a star… Sounds like this thing was made for me! That settles it! I'll do you a special favor and join this Venus Fest of yours ♥ But first… You think it's okay if I take a shower? Then lead me to the hotel, boss! No peeking ♥

Episode 2: Temporary Manager

Tina (OFF): ~ ♪

Tina: Ahh… That was so refreshing ♪ You waited all that time without peeking, didn't you. I'm impressed ♪ So now that I've decided to join your "festival," what exactly am I supposed to do? A self-introduction to get started? Okay… I'll introduce myself to the boss who has no idea who I am. Hello ♥ I'm Tina. And my job is…being a superstar! Model, slash actress, slash rock star! …You really don't know who I am? Oh well… Guess I'll have to feed you a healthy dose of charm, so you'll never forget me. What's next? …My measurements? That's top secret! …Kidding! I let it all hang out, and I'm proud of it ♪ From top to bottom, it's 95, 60, 89. You better take that down, 'cause that's valuable info. My favorite food… Seafood! I'm looking forward to getting some fabulous meals every day ♪ My least favorite food… I don't have any! As a star, I have to be open minded and just roll with the punches ♪ And lastly…a future goal? Of course, that's to earn the top spot at the Venus Fest, and make my name known all over the world! The "most dazzling girls gather to compete" at this festival, right? So if I get the top spot, I'll shine brighter than anyone… Which basically means it's my ticket to fame ♪ That'll be "hard to achieve with festivals alone?" Then how do I handle this? You've got an idea? Heheh ♪ Okay, let's hear what you've got planned. Broadcast my charm on social media? I've already tried that. I actually just left it up to staff… It sounded interesting to me, but it didn't go that well, so… Document my journey to the top stop of your festivals? We could frame it as "my new success story…" I like the sound of that! Okay, I'll tell you how to access my account. You want me to do it myself…in my own words? Oh yeah! That's a great idea ♪ Instead of working through movies or books, my voice will go straight to the people! That will ensure that even people who've never heard of me before will be made well aware of "Superstar Tina" and her charm ♪ You've got a good sense for what's hot ♪ Scouting me out was no coincidence, was it! Heheh ♪ There's no need to be modest. Starting today, you and me are partners! Just lend me your support as a "special manager" ♪ It'll be a pleasure doing business with you, boss ♥

Episode 3: Social Media
Tina: Hey there, boss ♥ Today's the day to go all out at that festival! I need to pick a swimsuit first? Okay, that's important for a beauty competition. Do I have anything good though… I came incognito, so I only brought my favorites. Oh… So you got some ready for me? Wow! You've got a boatload! So many to choose from ♪ Just give me a little time here ♥ I hope you're ready to be blown away by this sexy body of mine ♪

Tina: Okie-dokie, I'm ready ♥ What do you think? Not quite the one? Hmm…yup. A little too plain for me maybe. On to the next one. Got any advice as my manager? "Ask fans on social media?" Heheh ♪ That sounds fun. I'll set up a poll right away ♪

Tina: Wow… Look at all these responses! My goodness… Heheh ♪ Everyone's being honest! I knew they'd ask for a sexy shot of me in these swimsuits ♪ Well, boss… Use that sense of yours to pick out a "sexy swimsuit" for me, okay?

Tina: How's this? Sexy Queen Tina has arrived ♥ Looks good on me, huh? I agree ♪ I had a feeling we would have the same sensibilities! I wanna show everyone else now ♪ This here is the swimsuit I'll wear at the festival… Now boss… Aren't you looking me over a little too much? Heheh ♥ Can't say I blame you anyway, since I'm bursting with all this charm ♪ Heheh… So true ♪ Boss? There's something I've been wanting to try, but… Would you mind? Heheh… Thanks! I'll be back in a second, so hang tight ♥

Tina: Sorry to keep you waiting ♥ Well? All my charm's about to burst out of this swimsuit, don't you think? Give me your thoughts on this ♪ You don't know where to look? I didn't think you'd be so shy ♪ That's not a good trait for a manager. But yeah… I suppose it's a bit too much for social media. I'll do as you say on this, boss. But you wanna see me in it "every now and then?" Hahaha… Aren't you a straight shooter! …Sure. I'll think about it ♪ Well, now I've got a swimsuit, so next up is to work my way to the top of the festival!

Episode 4: Story

Tina: Hey boss! Take a look at this! I put a shot of myself in that swimsuit on social media right away, and captioned it with "Ready to kick butt at the festival." Check out how many hearts I got! It's a new record ♪ Part of it's because I'm a model, but you made the right choice ♥

Tina: I love posting myself on social media! It brings my charm straight to the fans ♪ I can tell a new "personal story," all in my own words. Isn't that super exciting? And it won't be my story alone… I think it'll be "everyone's story!" This should reach my new fans, too… Yes, I'll have to put in extra effort for them ♪ Hey boss, take some more pics. I wanna show the world multiple sides of Tina ♪ You need promo pics for the festival? What perfect timing ♪ With my charm, I'll make sure this island, the festival, and you…all play a part in my "success story" ♪

Episode 5: The Best Fan

Tina: Hey, boss! How ya doin'? I seem in high spirits? Heheh, well today's my photo session after all ♪ My pics will be shared to whole world [sic] on social media. How could I not be thrilled? Mr. Manager… Actually, I guess you're Mr. Cameraman today. Think you can take some shots that will excite my fans all over the world? Let's see what you're made of ♪

Tina: Okay, I'm about to do some poses. Just go with the flow as you take these.

(camera flash)

Tina: "Looking good?" Heheh… Thanks ♪ I'm about to go into high gear, so try to keep up ♪

(camera flash)

Tina: This one should "go viral?" Heheh ♪ I hope you're right! I'm really getting into this! Take some more ♪

Tina: You're actually pretty good, boss ♪ And not bad with the camera either… Seems you're really good at timing these. We really do have a good chemistry ♪ I think the fans are gonna love these ♪ Thanks for taking them ♥ And lastly, a request from the cameraman? Of course, what kind of pose would you like?

Tina (OFF): Hmm… I got it ♪ Just hold on a second. Okay, all set ♥

Tina: Look… This is your chance to get some good ones ♥

(camera flash)

Tina: Well? Did you get the pics you wanted? I guess that was a little bold, but… I have to respect your opinion ♪ As my partner, manager, and cameraman, that makes you my number one fan, after all ♥ Right, boss?

Episode 6: About Daddy

Tina (OFF): Coming…

Tina: Oh, boss. Did you need something? A meeting? Okay ♪ Come right on in ♥

Tina: Oh right, those pics from a bit ago ♪ Everyone responded really positively to them! And this one was especially popular! A lot of people got interested in me for the first time through this photo ♪ And the Venus Fest is a hot topic, too ♪ Looks like we've got a successful promotion on our hands! Hmm… If Daddy saw how well this is going, I think he would've understood… Huh? Didn't I tell you about Daddy? He's the legendary "King of the Ring," pro wrestler Bass Armstrong ♪ I'm sure you've heard of him. No? Well, you never heard of me either, so I'm not surprised. I really need to put in more effort. Pro wrestling alone just isn't… Sorry, just talking to myself. Don't worry about it. Did something happen between me and Daddy? Well…we had a little difference of opinion, and got into a fight. I actually wanted to start up something new with Daddy, but he never takes my opinions seriously. I mean, we always fight, and he never listens to me, so it doesn't really bother me. Make up with him? Hmph, I've got no interest in that! Daddy's way of doing things just never goes well. He needs to get on with the times. Sorry, I guess it's hard to tell what I'm trying to say. When I look back on this, I get all worked up… Anyway, let's keep sharing my charm with the world through social media ♪ It's also a great way to promote the Venus Fest, right? That's all I'll be focused on for a while. Oh my gosh, look at the time! I guess I sort of ruined your meeting, huh? I need to get to bed early so I'm ready for tomorrow's morning training. Bring your camera to that too, okay? I'll be waiting in the usual spot ♪ Goodnight, boss ♥

Episode 7: Date

Tina: Hey, boss? Can I talk to you about something? Actually, I'd like to start a video stream on my social media accounts. I mean, it's a more direct way to share my charm with the world, right? I took a test video for it… What do you think? Right? It's missing something… Got any good ideas? Add music to the video? But wouldn't it be better as a documentary? Instead of being so serious, something that can be fun for everyone… Right, that's important for an entertainer ♪ …Yes! I've got a great idea! I'll make a music video with my own song! Doesn't that sound good? I'll let you put the video together, boss. I know you've got a great sense for these things ♪ Come up with a video that fully captures my charm ♥ A video that brings fans closer to Superstar Tina? …What do you mean? A virtual date with me? Something alluring, where I talk into the camera…? So basically, I'll "date" everyone on social media? Got it ♪ I'll have people all over the world weak in the knees from my charm ♥ Let's get out there and find a location, boss. It'll make a nice "date" rehearsal ♥

Episode 8: Crank-In

Tina: Wow, boss! Isn't this the perfect spot? Look… If we set up here, doesn't that look great? "Looks fun?" Heheh… Of course it does ♪ Just the thought of dating fans from all over the world… Isn't it exciting? You're now the stand-in for the "worldwide fans," boss…. Don't you wanna have fun with me on a date? Heheh. You seem ready ♥ Let's get started then, shall we ♪ Lights, camera…action ♥

Tina: Heheh, what are you looking at ♥ Mmm… This feels so nice ♪ Come on over here ♥ I'll show you…as much as you want ♥ Well? Am I pretty? Heheh… Glad to hear that ♥ Watch closely ♥ Mm… I'll have you hooked ♥ Now let's go, shall we ♪ Woohoo!

Tina: You did great today, boss! And here's your reward ♥ I think you got some great footage. Can I see a preview? This is great! I'm glad I let you take charge of it ♪ Maybe you can add a little more effect here… Hm? A phone call…? Daddy!?

Episode 9: The Opposite of Daddy

Tina: *Sigh* Oh Daddy… Why can't you understand?

Tina: The call just now? It was Daddy. Remember when I said we're in a fight? …Well, we just went at it again. The reason? Well…it's nothing I'm trying to hide, really… You know how I was trying to start up something new with Daddy? Actually, I wanted us to launch a new pro wrestling organization. But he refuses to go along with my promotional strategy. He actually thinks that, in this day and age, going on a pro wrestling tour will draw in fans. But he's so behind the times…! We live in the era of social media, right? So when I told him we can promote our organization through that… He said he didn't know squat about social media, but nothing beats a genuine, live performance. I really wanted this project to work, and I wanted to help Daddy succeed… Uh-huh… It ended up in this big fight, and now I'm back to square one… My goal was just obliterated… So I came to this island looking for some inspiration. I've really been thinking seriously about this… Of course, I'm not ready to give up just yet, but Daddy is so darn stubborn. You want to help? But this has nothing to do with the Venus Fest. You want to support me, so I can achieve my dream? …You're just the opposite of Daddy. Whenever I say I want to do something, you always seem to come back with "let's do it together." You know, that actually makes me really happy. Having someone who can brainstorm ideas and work with me. Thanks. I'm glad you're by my side.

Tina: Oh right… Maybe use this cut here… Yes, that looks so nice ♪ It goes perfectly with my song!

Tina: Alright! We're finally done ♪ Now we just have to upload it! Yes… Now if this goes viral, with people all over the world watching it… Hm? People all over the world… Boss! Don't upload it yet! I need to ask you a little favor…

Tina (OFF): So…do it right at that time, okay? And now to look it over… Yes, that's great! That was perfect, boss ♪

Tina: Heheh. I can just see the shock on Daddy's face ♪ I really care about my father? …Don't know about that, maybe I just wanna see him speechless ♪ Anyway, the music video is now complete! Let's get it uploaded and wait for feedback ♪ Thanks for all you did today, boss ♪

Episode 10: Because You Were There

Tina: Oh there you are, boss! Did you see the view count for my music video!? It's super popular! Even trending No. 1 worldwide! I guess this makes me a social media star, too! I guess this makes me a social media star, too! And the Venus Fest promotion was a massive success! Yeehaw! We really did it, boss ♪ Hm? How did the strategy go? Heheh ♪ I got a call from Daddy. He said he was wrong, and we should go with my idea. I think he finally realized how impactful social media promotions can be. Daddy's such a simple man! But I guess that can be a good thing ♪ Promoting the new organization with my video was a massive success ♪ And he said the organization is being flooded with queries! Daddy seems overwhelmed but happy about it. But I have to give you credit too, boss. I couldn't have done it alone. You said people all over the world would see it, right? Well, those words are what helped me come up with this idea. I'm not exaggerating! It's what actually got Daddy on board! And also… Daddy told me to come right back home. Now that we've got our promotional strategy, he wants me to move forward with preparations right away. What am I gonna do? Well… The social media thing went so well, I'm on good terms with Daddy again, and I've met my goal… I shouldn't have any regrets… But still… … I can't do this… It's not like me to act that way ♪ First I have to express my gratitude to you, boss. It's a little embarrassing to go over this again, but… My dream, my relationship with Daddy… It all went so well because of you. So thanks for everything you've done. You're the best manager a girl could ask for. And you're my partner. …So long.

Episode 11: Beside You

Tina: Hey there, boss ♪ Didn't I "go home already?" Why would you think that? …Heheh ♪ Sorry, I'm being silly. I've decided to stay! I wanna be more active on this island, to introduce an even more "dazzling" Tina to fans around the world! Besides, it's the perfect backdrop for my social media pursuits. I'm about to take my stardom into the social media world… Actually, to become a socialite… Yes… That's it! My next goal is to be the No. 1 social media queen! And to do that, I'll need your help. So… As the best manager a girl could ask for… I'll be counting on you! You're relieved? Heheh… Well I'm glad to hear that ♪ Hm? What about Daddy? Heheh… Actually, thanks to my video, the "Legendary Bass" has his hands full with massive attention. He seems pretty satisfied, so things should be okay for a while ♥ Don't I want to be with Daddy? I mean… In a way I do, but… I want to carry on with my own dream… Looking ahead to find out what's next. So right now… Boss… I'd rather be with you. Um… Wow… …Got it? So that's basically how I feel, okay? Anyway, I'm counting on you, boss ♥

otnesse

Here's an interview regarding the 4.5 anniversary leadup from GameWatch:

It covers several stuff relating to the announcement relating to the 4.5 anniversary, but it does go into further detail about Tina's inclusion:

--When did you start thinking about implementing Tina's entry?

Mr. Sakuta: We made the decision to bring in Tina a while after we announced on the 3rd anniversary live broadcast that it would be difficult to bring in someone from the "DOA" series. We received a lot of enthusiastic feedback from everyone, and after seriously considering how we could make it happen, we came to the conclusion that it would be possible.

Tina, who unexpectedly joined the game when it was thought to be difficult for the original "DOA" series to enter the game.

Sakuta: We had been thinking about how to add Tina since we added Leifang. I wondered how Tina would come to this island and how she would get along with the owner, and when would be a special time to add Tina. It took us a long time to think about how to make the old fans of the "DOA" series happy, but also how to make the new owners of "DOAXVV" think that Tina is great.

--It took a long time to think about how to make the old and new fans of "DOAXVV" think Tina is good. That's quite a difficult task, isn't it?

Sakuta: Yes. It took some time, but when we had a clear idea of the direction we wanted to take, and it also coincided with the 25th anniversary of the "DOA" series as a special occasion, we decided to go ahead and make it. The character of Tina was being sought after not only in Japan, but also by owners of the international version of the game, so we decided that we wanted to release them at the same time and have them get excited about it. In that case, it would have been difficult for the Japanese domestic team to do it alone, so we made it jointly with the overseas team for the international version.

--So you were working together with both the Japanese and overseas teams?

Sakuta: That's right. So the swimsuit design was also made by the overseas team, and I think Tina's star code has an atmosphere that has never been seen before. It is a swimsuit that is uniquely Tina's, but it is a design that could not have been created by a Japanese team alone.

--Compared to Leifang, which was made only in Japan, was there any difficulty in working together with an overseas team?

Sakuta: It was not easy to work together because of the different languages, but it was difficult for the domestic team to work alone while managing the project, and it was not possible for the overseas team to work alone. If we had made the game only with the domestic team, I think it would not have been implemented until a long time later.

Implementation of Tina realized through joint production between Japan and overseas. as a result, it has been well received by fans.

Very interesting stuff on that front, and it seems from the final set of photos on there that Tina's been VERY well-received.

In case anyone needs the Japanese version:

――新規のヴィーナスだけではなく、今年は本家「DOA」からティナが電撃参戦しましたが、これはいつ頃から実装を考えていたのですか?

作田氏:ティナを出そうって決断したのは、3周年の生放送とかで「DOA」シリーズからの参戦は難しいってお伝えした後しばらくしてからです。皆さんからの熱い声をたくさん頂き、どうすれば実現できるかをもう1度真剣に考えて、これならいけるっていうのが見えてきたことが実装する決め手になりました。

本家「DOA」シリーズからの参戦は難しいかと思われていたときに、まさかの参戦を果たしたティナ

作田氏:ティナを仮に追加する場合はどういった形になるのか自体は、実はレイファンを追加させた時からずーっと考えていたんですよ。ティナだったらどうやってこの島に来てどうやってオーナーと仲を深めるのだろうとか、ティナを追加させる特別なタイミングはいつなのかとか。昔からの「DOA」シリーズのファンの方に喜んでいただくのは当然ですけど、「DOAXVV」から入ったオーナーの皆さんからもティナ良いねって思ってもらえるにはどうするかとかを考えていたら本当に時間が掛かりましたね。

――新旧のファンが納得する形。なかなか難しいですね

作田氏:はい。時間は掛かりましたが方向性が見えたてきたタイミングと、特別な機会として「DOA」シリーズ25周年のタイミングも重なったので、よし作ろうと決意しました。ティナというキャラクターは国内だけでなく、国際版を遊んでいるオーナーさんからも求められていたので、どうせなら同時期に出して盛り上がっていただきたいという感じにまとめたんです。そうなると日本国内のチームだけでは難しいので、国際版の海外のチームと合同で作りました。

――日本と海外の両チームで一緒に作られてたんですね

作田氏:そうなんです。なので水着のデザインも海外のチームが作っていまして、ティナのスターコーデは今までにはない雰囲気の水着になったと思います。ティナらしいといえばティナらしい水着なのですが、日本のチームだけでは出てこなかったデザインだと思います。

――国内だけで作られたレイファンと比べて、海外のチームと合同で作る大変さなどはありましたか?

作田氏:言語も違うので合同で作るのは簡単ではないですが、運営をしながら国内のチームだけで作るのは難しかったし、かといって海外のチームだけで作れたかというとそうではないし、「DOA」シリーズ25周年に間に合わせるには合同で作るという形以外なかったなと。もし仮に国内のチームだけで作ったとしたら、実装はまだまだ先になっていたとは思います。

日本と海外との合同制作で実現したティナの実装。その甲斐あってファンからはかなりの好評を得ている

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Was it really that difficult to add Tina? Was it really that difficult to get people to like her? I mean come on. I think they are speaking for themselves more than the players of the game.

Cringe interview.

otnesse

Was it really that difficult to add Tina? Was it really that difficult to get people to like her? I mean come on. I think they are speaking for themselves more than the players of the game.

Cringe interview.
Well, if it's of any consolation, it means there shouldn't be too much of a problem adding Mila and the others. If Tina can be well received, so can the others. And believe me, considering the downright cynical commentary on Discord, this needs to be mentioned.

Besides, there's also information on Amy and Koharu in there as well. Apparently they were going for a specific subset of Tsundere with her, or as he put it, Deretsun, and Koharu was specifically to have a character who can be readily identified as Japanese due to such a trope not quite being used before with DOAXVV. Oh, and also giving a more hospitality theme to it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD