Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Jackie Chan Fan

Do you guys think there is a good chance they will add more girls to Fortune like they did with Lei Fang and Misaki?

Yes. When TN said there are no plans to add girls, then Misaki, then DOAXVV happened and Leifang was added too. Anything's possible now. :D

otnesse

Do you guys think there is a good chance they will add more girls to Fortune like they did with Lei Fang and Misaki?

They might. We'll see sooner or later. Personally, I hope they do, the cut girls as well as the DOAXVV girls. The latter party has been given no respect especially after Shimbori claimed they're "not fighters". Well, gee, why on earth was Lisa even included to the roster, then? Last I checked, her debut was in the same type of game: A beach volleyball vacation game.

RetroMe91

They might. We'll see sooner or later. Personally, I hope they do, the cut girls as well as the DOAXVV girls. The latter party has been given no respect especially after Shimbori claimed they're "not fighters". Well, gee, why on earth was Lisa even included to the roster, then? Last I checked, her debut was in the same type of game: A beach volleyball vacation game.
To be fair that was a different era for the DOA series. Everything pre-DOA5 and post DOA5 probably should be kept separate as far as management and operation.

otnesse

To be fair that was a different era for the DOA series. Everything pre-DOA5 and post DOA5 probably should be kept separate as far as management and operation.

If that were the case, Shimbori had a perfect opportunity to put Lisa on the bus by saying she died in the explosion, that way he can be consistent on keeping the roster purely on those debuting in fighter games. He didn't, so I don't buy the whole "different era" explanation.

RetroMe91

If that were the case, Shimbori had a perfect opportunity to put Lisa on the bus by saying she died in the explosion, that way he can be consistent on keeping the roster purely on those debuting in fighter games. He didn't, so I don't buy the whole "different era" explanation.
That makes no sense for quite a few reasons. Once she was implemented into the game, she immediately became heavily story based. In additions, fans would be hella pissed about Lisa leaving the roster. In addition, there is a race factor. The new TN hasn’t added a single character that is dark skinned. They have still only given us white and Asian. Mila hardly counts, but they did make her of Latin decent, though she looks like every white girl inside Hot Topic. If you don’t think that western audiences and game critics wouldn’t rip them a new one for killing off one of their only female POC characters, then you would be mistaken.

I think he used that excuse of them not being fighters as reason to not use them if he didn’t want to. It’s laziness. Look at the newest characters coming to DOA. One is a recycled guest character (Mai) and the other one (Kula) is going to heavily use Marie Rose and NiCO assets.

otnesse

That makes no sense for quite a few reasons. Once she was implemented into the game, she immediately became heavily story based. In additions, fans would be hella pissed about Lisa leaving the roster. In addition, there is a race factor. The new TN hasn’t added a single character that is dark skinned. They have still only given us white and Asian. Mila hardly counts, but they did make her of Latin decent, though she looks like every white girl inside Hot Topic. If you don’t think that western audiences and game critics wouldn’t rip them a new one for killing off one of their only female POC characters, then you would be mistaken.

I think he used that excuse of them not being fighters as reason to not use them if he didn’t want to. It’s laziness. Look at the newest characters coming to DOA. One is a recycled guest character (Mai) and the other one (Kula) is going to heavily use Marie Rose and NiCO assets.

Well, I would remove Lisa in his shoes, because I believe in being absolutely consistent with my statements, for that is the only way to be truthful. If I wanted to say "no fighters", I'd make sure Lisa was removed, disregarding my personal feelings for her (heck, I actually like Lisa, yet I'd remove her all the same just to be absolutely consistent in words and actions, not be a hypocrite in other words), because, she debuted in XBV, and thus by definition, was "not a fighter". Wouldn't even care what critics thought. There's only two ways to deal with that: Either you add in all the DOAXVV girls, continuing the tradition that started with Lisa, or you remove all girls who didn't debut in the mainline DOA games (including Lisa). All or nothing. That's the only real form of honesty. Heck, Capcom actually dissed the critics and Western journalists and sold well because of it lately.

Besides, they also removed Momiji and Rachel for arguably even STUPIDER reasons than the girls in DOAXVV, that they debuted in Ninja Gaiden. Last I checked, Ryu Hayabusa originated in Ninja Gaiden as well, yet he's in every DOA fighting game, including DOA6. If we are to go by that train of thought, Ryu also should be removed as well. I would remove him if I were to be consistent with that statement.

RetroMe91

Well, I would remove Lisa in his shoes, because I believe in being absolutely consistent with my statements, for that is the only way to be truthful. If I wanted to say "no fighters", I'd make sure Lisa was removed, disregarding my personal feelings for her (heck, I actually like Lisa, yet I'd remove her all the same just to be absolutely consistent in words and actions, not be a hypocrite in other words), because, she debuted in XBV, and thus by definition, was "not a fighter". Wouldn't even care what critics thought. There's only two ways to deal with that: Either you add in all the DOAXVV girls, continuing the tradition that started with Lisa, or you remove all girls who didn't debut in the mainline DOA games (including Lisa). All or nothing. That's the only real form of honesty. Heck, Capcom actually dissed the critics and Western journalists and sold well because of it lately.

Besides, they also removed Momiji and Rachel for arguably even STUPIDER reasons than the girls in DOAXVV, that they debuted in Ninja Gaiden. Last I checked, Ryu Hayabusa originated in Ninja Gaiden as well, yet he's in every DOA fighting game, including DOA6. If we are to go by that train of thought, Ryu also should be removed as well. I would remove him if I were to be consistent with that statement.
Tbh, that’s Shimbori’s idea of not a fighter. Thays a new statement for DOAX3. That doesn’t apply to DOAXBV. The creator of that game obviously doesn’t feel the same way as Shimbori. I’m not sure he still feels that way about all of the girls from that series though. I do think he would say that about the first few girls. When Kanna came out, the rumor was that she may be trained in some sort of fighting style.

otnesse

Tbh, that’s Shimbori’s idea of not a fighter. Thays a new statement for DOAX3. That doesn’t apply to DOAXBV. The creator of that game obviously doesn’t feel the same way as Shimbori. I’m not sure he still feels that way about all of the girls from that series though. I do think he would say that about the first few girls. When Kanna came out, the rumor was that she may be trained in some sort of fighting style.

I was actually referring more to Momiji and Rachel's exclusion from DOA6 when I said that, not even thinking of DOAX3. And besides, like I said, to be absolutely consistent, you also have to go back to any time before you say the statement and automatically apply it to your statement. That's what I would do, especially when he de-facto runs Team Ninja. Either him or Hayashi.

RetroMe91

I was actually referring more to Momiji and Rachel's exclusion from DOA6 when I said that, not even thinking of DOAX3. And besides, like I said, to be absolutely consistent, you also have to go back to any time before you say the statement and automatically apply it to your statement. That's what I would do, especially when he de-facto runs Team Ninja. Either him or Hayashi.
I disagree with that. That would be like trying to erase the history of the series. I am glad you aren’t running the series. I feel like I understand the statement about the VV girls. Misaki, Luna, Tamaki, and Fiona do not even remotely seem like fighters.

otnesse

I disagree with that. That would be like trying to erase the history of the series. I am glad you aren’t running the series. I feel like I understand the statement about the VV girls. Misaki, Luna, Tamaki, and Fiona do not even remotely seem like fighters.

Maybe, but then again, neither did Marie Rose or Honoka (or NiCO, or even Nyotengu for that matter), yet lo and behold, they are that. If they can be fighters despite not looking the part, so can those four (and besides, let's be honest, how many of the DOA girls actually LOOK like fighters? Many of them are Waif Fu territory). Besides, considering Hitomi actually taught Luna a bit of Karate in one of Luna's debut episode, I'd wager that at least Luna could qualify.

Heck, in the case of Fiona, they could easily just give her the same fighting style that Princess Peach/Daisy have in the Super Smash Bros. series, or, heck, even Princess Zelda. Those are valid fighting styles, since they're used in a fighting game (Super Smash Bros., more specifically). As far as Luna, have her use Bushido as a fighting style (since I'm pretty sure the Japanese version did mention Bushido in there). It's not unprecedented: Cyan Garamonde's entire fighting style in Final Fantasy VI was based on Bushido. Either that, or have her adopt Karate with her own unique style. I kind of find it hard to believe they'd explicitly have Luna train in Karate with Hitomi in her third debut event episode when they didn't intend to have her be a fighter. And as far as Tamaki, how about having her use a similar fighting style to that of Brad Wong? We know both are alcoholics. Not to mention at least one of her gravures has her exercising and explicitly training. Misaki… I'll admit is going to be tricky, but I'm pretty sure I can think of something. If they can outright make up a fighting style for the likes of Honoka and Nyotengu, they most certainly can come up with something for those four.

And who said anything about erasing history? Lisa being dead as a result of DOA5 would still have her being acknowledged in the game. It's not like their acting like Lisa never existed in the first place, which actually WOULD be erasing history. My way would still be nothing like, say, Hideo Kojima's way of doing Metal Gear, where he constantly erases and changes the game's history on a mere whim without any real rhyme or reason, arguably removing the likes of James Johnson from canon thanks to him effectively using Obama in MGSV's timelines and nuke-free ending, or heck, even what George Lucas frequently does with canon when in full control freak mode. Besides, DOA6 already erased some history by having Honoka and Marie Rose meet for the first time, despite past entries, including DOA5LR, strongly implying that they've known each other for quite some time, not to mention their apparently not even having revived Raidou yet despite his being revived (kind of) in DOA5LR.

Last edited:

hardseppo

[Eng] Marie-Rose Gravure Panel (Princess Rosette SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35260498

[Eng]-DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Marie-Rose-Gravure-Panel-(Princess-Rosette-SSR).jpg

Jadeinchains

There's also a collaboration happening with Senran Kagura New Link. Mentions a livestream on the 25th so maybe that's when they are showing it off I guess. Wonder If it's outfits or if they'll also show off a new character at the livestream? If they do I wonder If the character will be a missing girl, New character or maybe an SK character cause of the collab?

otnesse

There's also a collaboration happening with Senran Kagura New Link. Mentions a livestream on the 25th so maybe that's when they are showing it off I guess. Wonder If it's outfits or if they'll also show off a new character at the livestream? If they do I wonder If the character will be a missing girl, New character or maybe an SK character cause of the collab?

They'd better have something about the new girl, and it'd better be one of the cut girls.

As far as whether the next girl is a SK character, I doubt it. They didn't even add in one of the girls from Destiny's Child to honor the collaboration with it, instead we got Fiona, and she was put up shortly after the announcement of the collaboration via Tokyo Game Show. If they didn't do it for Destiny Child, they most likely won't do it for SK. Heck, we don't even know if the collaboration will even involve event episodes. The Melancholy collaboration certainly didn't. For all we know, this SK collaboration might be more like Melancholy than Destiny Child regarding events.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD