Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

otnesse

I wouldnt bother tbh, TN isnt gonna add anyone that isn't popular in X3 or VV unless somehow they do another Japanese based poll to see which 1-2 cut girls should return xD plus tbh it's probably a good thing they aren't in VV with how it's handled now, I don't think Lisa or Tina or Christie would fit unless it was the standard DOAX3 game, VV is more suited for the younger cutesy girls. Even Helena and Nyo don't really fit imo, but I think they had them in so they could have a quota met for the older girls
Don't forget Momiji, she's fairly old as well. Plus, Monica, Sayuri, and Tamaki aren't exactly what one would call younger cutesy girls (heck, even Fiona, Nagisa, and Misaki really fail to qualify as such either). If they can create those three (possibly six) despite not actually being younger cutesy girls, I'm definitely sure that the other cut girls can fit in just fine. In fact, I even can think of a romance trope with the Owner that would be absolutely perfect for Christie's character anyways. Think how Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker got together as a couple in the Expanded Universe, despite Mara Jade initially intending to kill Luke per Palpatine's final command. Heck, for a more comedic example, try Ivana Humpalot from The Spy Who Shagged Me (and for any British people on here who might take offense, that's the actual name of the film). And for a darker example, maybe also how Jason "the Ogre" Skolimski was planning on killing Barbara Kean to ward James Gordon off investigating him, but then decided to spare her after learning she was of a kindred spirit and recruited her instead to his sick philosophy, culminating in having her kill her parents in Gotham.

As far as TN, based on what Yuffie stated about the 4Gamer article, both the article's writer and Sakuta D. acknowledged that there's a very high demand for the cut girls (and considering 4Gamer is Japanese in origin and made exclusively for the Japanese, it's pretty obvious from the context that they're not talking about fans outside Japan), meaning even among the Japanese, those girls, not to mention Mila and Rachel, are highly popular. In fact, from the way Sakuta D.'s talking, the only reason they aren't adding them in is out of fear of giving them characterizations that would conflict with their backstories just to romance the Owner, and my email/Twitlonger post is meant to alleviate such fears and even give suggestions based on the past games that if anything would HELP give them romantic inclinations to the Owner WITHOUT ruining prior depictions of them.

Besides, I know they're at least receptive towards fan stuff, since aside from those surveys every anniversary that they issue, I actually addressed that they didn't add in the past birthday episodes in the Jewel birthday event despite claiming they had them, and then I got up the next day and discovered them there, their clearly having added them in due to my Tweet and possibly others.

otnesse

Maybe some short version of the tweets too. 1 tweet is talking about Tina, 1 tweet for Christie, and so on. Tweeted maybe minutes or hours or days apart.
Define short, because even the shortest posts I can make about each is probably going to take WAY too long for its character limit.

Mad Will

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet, so I thought I would post it here.
Have just started playing DOAX3F again, but this time on PS5.
The load times are basically non existent or only last for a second, which is a huge improvement from playing on the PS4 and while this is not much of a surprise as all games run quicker on PS5, I thought it was still worth mentioning.
There is also no issues with running the game, from what I have experienced so far, as with all PS4 games on PS5 there is a warning that the game performance might have unexpected behavior and errors, but so far none of this has occured in DOAX3F.
Just thought I would post this in case anyone was wondering.
Hopefully we might see an announcement for DOAX4 soon, considering DOAX3 did so well.

My DOAX4 Wish-list:
  • Male playable characters introduced.
  • Revival of Marine Race.
  • Return of online multiplayer.
  • Full ray tracing support.

otnesse

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet, so I thought I would post it here.
Have just started playing DOAX3F again, but this time on PS5.
The load times are basically non existent or only last for a second, which is a huge improvement from playing on the PS4 and while this is not much of a surprise as all games run quicker on PS5, I thought it was still worth mentioning.
There is also no issues with running the game, from what I have experienced so far, as with all PS4 games on PS5 there is a warning that the game performance might have unexpected behavior and errors, but so far none of this has occured in DOAX3F.
Just thought I would post this in case anyone was wondering.
Hopefully we might see an announcement for DOAX4 soon, considering DOAX3 did so well.

My DOAX4 Wish-list:
  • Male playable characters introduced.
  • Revival of Marine Race.
  • Return of online multiplayer.
  • Full ray tracing support.
If they're not going to add male characters in past Xtreme games, they're certainly not going to now (probably the closest we're going to get to a male character in that series is Zack). If anything, a better idea would be to have the cut girls return, maybe also the DOAXVV girls just so their nationalities are given official confirmation (so far, the only DOAXVV girls whose had their nationalities confirmed are Misaki, Tamaki, and Nagisa, and the last one only got confirmed indirectly via Misaki due to being her sister), plus perhaps NiCO and Nikki. The others, I might give support for.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
If they're not going to add male characters in past Xtreme games, they're certainly not going to now (probably the closest we're going to get to a male character in that series is Zack). If anything, a better idea would be to have the cut girls return, maybe also the DOAXVV girls just so their nationalities are given official confirmation (so far, the only DOAXVV girls whose had their nationalities confirmed are Misaki, Tamaki, and Nagisa, and the last one only got confirmed indirectly via Misaki due to being her sister), plus perhaps NiCO and Nikki. The others, I might give support for.
Shut up. It’s his WISHLIST. It’s something he would like to see.

otnesse

BTW, found on Discord the commentary for Sayuri, Patty, and Tsukushi:

Weekly_Famitsu_2020-12-03_imgs-0084.jpg

Weekly_Famitsu_2020-12-03_imgs-0085.jpg

Weekly_Famitsu_2020-12-03_imgs-0086.jpg

And for translations:

Sayuri:

作田ディレクターが語るさゆりのコンセプト
さゆりは、いわゆるお姉さんキャラクターの追加を願うスタッフの熱意が形となったものです。ただ、単なるお姉さん系だと紅葉とかぶってしまうため、私のほうでオーナーをダメにする女神”というコンセプトを示し、ときにきびしく接する紅葉と違って、なんでも許してくれる“オーナーを甘やかす(ダメにする)”設定を追加しました。スタッフから“居心地がよすぎて患者が退院したがらないため看護師をクビになった“設定を提案されたときは、即採用しました(笑)。

Translation:

Director Sakuta speaks about Sayuri's concept

Sayuri is a form of enthusiasm from the staff who wish to add the so-called older sister character. However, because it will be covered with Momiji if it is just an older sister system, I showed the concept of "goddess who spoils the owner", and unlike Momiji that sometimes touch severely, I added a "spoil the owner" setting that allows anything. When the staff suggested that the nurse be fired because he was too comfortable to leave the hospital, he immediately adopted it (laughs).

Patty:

作田ディレクターが語るパティのコンセプト
いわゆる“島国育ちの美少女”の設定は早い段階から決まっていましたが、性格や設定、魅力がまとまらず難航しました。“島国育ちだから文化や感覚が違うはず”という理屈から、それなら“恥じらいの感覚”が、ほかの女の子と違ってもいいじゃないか、と考えて“無防備”という設定を足しました。無防備をビジュアル的にも演出できるような要素がほしく、“セルフおつまみ(開発内呼称です)”や、“緩めの胸元”など、やわらかエンジンのカスタマイズ進化の研究開始を指示しました(笑)。

Translation:

Patty concept by Director Sakuta

The setting of the so-called "beautiful girl raised in the island country" was decided from an early stage, but the character, setting, and charm were not settled and it was difficult. From the theory that "culture and sense should be different because I grew up in an island country", I added a setting of "defenselessness" thinking that the "sense of shame" could be different from other girls. I wanted elements that could produce defenselessness visually, and I ordered the start of research on the customization evolution of soft engines, such as "self-snacks (it is a development name)" and "loose chest" (laughs).

Tsukushi:

作田ディレクターが語語るつくしのコンセプト
元気いっぱいなパティのつぎに追加する女の子ということで、真逆の「私なんか……」が口癖で弱気な女神にする方針は早い段階から決まっていました。ただ、単に暗いと楽しくなさそうだったので、“女神が大好きすぎる設定と、“敏感すぎる”設定を加えて、いっしょにいて楽しめるようにしました。つくしのエピソードは作り手の気持ちを直球で投げかけたお話になっていますから、島に迎え入れた際にはぜひ見ていただきたいですね。ちなみにPVでもお見せしたセクシーな演出はやりすぎではないかと、社内でも心配されましたが、「つくしなりの理由があるので大丈夫」と言って強行させていただきました(笑)。

Translation:

Tsukusi concept talked about by Director Sakuta

Because it was a girl who added it to the following of a cheerful Patty, the policy of dingy goddess with the opposite "I ..."" was decided from an early stage. However, it didn't seem to be fun if it was just dark, so I added a setting that "loves goddesses too much" and a "too sensitive" setting so that I can enjoy being together. Tsukusi's episode is a story that throws the feelings of the maker with a straight ball, so I would like you to watch it when you welcome it to the island. By the way, I was worried in the company that the sexy production that I showed in PV was too much, but I was forced to say that "it is okay because there is a reason for tsukusso" (laughs).

Last edited:

Mad Will

If they're not going to add male characters in past Xtreme games, they're certainly not going to now (probably the closest we're going to get to a male character in that series is Zack).
It is just my wish list man, I doubt that they ever would add male characters, but it is still something that I and others would like to see.
Shut up. It’s his WISHLIST. It’s something he would like to see.
Thank you, for understanding the term WISH LIST and respecting my thoughts.

Jadeinchains

Oh the concept art is cool!
Sigh.still think they really should have went with the design of Patty though where she has dark brown/black hair.

KwonJigglypuff

Seeing these beautiful concept arts, it's like they have chosen the worst concept all the time.

I love pink Sayuri and all of Patty's lost designs are ten times better.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
BTW, found on Discord the commentary for Sayuri, Patty, and Tsukushi:

Weekly_Famitsu_2020-12-03_imgs-0084.jpg

Weekly_Famitsu_2020-12-03_imgs-0085.jpg

Weekly_Famitsu_2020-12-03_imgs-0086.jpg

And for translations:

Sayuri:

作田ディレクターが語るさゆりのコンセプト
さゆりは、いわゆるお姉さんキャラクターの追加を願うスタッフの熱意が形となったものです。ただ、単なるお姉さん系だと紅葉とかぶってしまうため、私のほうでオーナーをダメにする女神”というコンセプトを示し、ときにきびしく接する紅葉と違って、なんでも許してくれる“オーナーを甘やかす(ダメにする)”設定を追加しました。スタッフから“居心地がよすぎて患者が退院したがらないため看護師をクビになった“設定を提案されたときは、即採用しました(笑)。

Translation:

Director Sakuta speaks about Sayuri's concept

Sayuri is a form of enthusiasm from the staff who wish to add the so-called older sister character. However, because it will be covered with Momiji if it is just an older sister system, I showed the concept of "goddess who spoils the owner", and unlike Momiji that sometimes touch severely, I added a "spoil the owner" setting that allows anything. When the staff suggested that the nurse be fired because he was too comfortable to leave the hospital, he immediately adopted it (laughs).

Patty:

作田ディレクターが語るパティのコンセプト
いわゆる“島国育ちの美少女”の設定は早い段階から決まっていましたが、性格や設定、魅力がまとまらず難航しました。“島国育ちだから文化や感覚が違うはず”という理屈から、それなら“恥じらいの感覚”が、ほかの女の子と違ってもいいじゃないか、と考えて“無防備”という設定を足しました。無防備をビジュアル的にも演出できるような要素がほしく、“セルフおつまみ(開発内呼称です)”や、“緩めの胸元”など、やわらかエンジンのカスタマイズ進化の研究開始を指示しました(笑)。

Translation:

Patty concept by Director Sakuta

The setting of the so-called "beautiful girl raised in the island country" was decided from an early stage, but the character, setting, and charm were not settled and it was difficult. From the theory that "culture and sense should be different because I grew up in an island country", I added a setting of "defenselessness" thinking that the "sense of shame" could be different from other girls. I wanted elements that could produce defenselessness visually, and I ordered the start of research on the customization evolution of soft engines, such as "self-snacks (it is a development name)" and "loose chest" (laughs).

Tsukushi:

作田ディレクターが語語るつくしのコンセプト
元気いっぱいなパティのつぎに追加する女の子ということで、真逆の「私なんか……」が口癖で弱気な女神にする方針は早い段階から決まっていました。ただ、単に暗いと楽しくなさそうだったので、“女神が大好きすぎる設定と、“敏感すぎる”設定を加えて、いっしょにいて楽しめるようにしました。つくしのエピソードは作り手の気持ちを直球で投げかけたお話になっていますから、島に迎え入れた際にはぜひ見ていただきたいですね。ちなみにPVでもお見せしたセクシーな演出はやりすぎではないかと、社内でも心配されましたが、「つくしなりの理由があるので大丈夫」と言って強行させていただきました(笑)。

Translation:

Tsukusi concept talked about by Director Sakuta

Because it was a girl who added it to the following of a cheerful Patty, the policy of dingy goddess with the opposite "I ..."" was decided from an early stage. However, it didn't seem to be fun if it was just dark, so I added a setting that "loves goddesses too much" and a "too sensitive" setting so that I can enjoy being together. Tsukusi's episode is a story that throws the feelings of the maker with a straight ball, so I would like you to watch it when you welcome it to the island. By the way, I was worried in the company that the sexy production that I showed in PV was too much, but I was forced to say that "it is okay because there is a reason for tsukusso" (laughs).
And here I thought they'd admit when they designed Patty and Tsukushi, they drew inspiration from these two...

1606326223025.png

1606326308352.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD