Official DOA6 Costume Thread

Onryoki

Standard Donor
To be honest, girls are the spotlight in DOA, I don't think that is even arguable. They objectively bring money, whatever is as DLC costumes, merchandising or collaborations with other franchises.

But that shouldn't mean treating male characters worst than in the past.
Obviously they’re the spotlight when they got put in the spotlight since day one. I like the female cast but I think TN should quit with treating the male characters like crap, the males barely get anything.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Obviously they’re the spotlight when they got put in the spotlight since day one. I like the female cast but I think TN should quit with treating the male characters like crap, the males barely get anything.

I also think it's unacceptable what they did in DOA 6. Hopefully they can adress with feedback.

Now they know there are people out there that are actually looking at male characters anatomy and if there's enough feedback asking for more male costumes maybe they will think about it.

RetroMe91

I just feel like they are releasing a game that isn’t fully fleshed out. It feels quite bare bones. They gave us this awesome system to highten our customization and personalization of our characters (DOACentral), but then we don’t have much we can do with it due to the lack of variety and options. You would think if they offered a way to select and purchase more hairstyles, then all of the female characters would have several options, like 3+, but quite a few only have 2 and you would think the guys would each have at least 1 additional hair option, but most do not.

It’s kind of sad that a game they delayed feels like a rushed product with bare bone options.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I also think it's unacceptable what they did in DOA 6. Hopefully they can adress with feedback.

Now they know there are people out there that are actually looking at male characters anatomy and if there's enough feedback asking for more male costumes maybe they will think about it.
We could request it. Of course, but just like the male anatomy the male characters having multiple costumes should’ve been in the game in the first place. People could say whatever they want about Itagaki but at least he didn’t give the male characters 2 costumes in 3 colours and call it a day.
I just feel like they are releasing a game that isn’t fully fleshed out. It feels quite bare bones. They gave us this awesome system to highten our customization and personalization of our characters (DOACentral), but then we don’t have much we can do with it due to the lack of variety and options. You would think if they offered a way to select and purchase more hairstyles, then all of the female characters would have several options, like 3+, but quite a few only have 2 and you would think the guys would each have at least 1 additional hair option, but most do not.

It’s kind of sad that a game they delayed feels like a rushed product with bare bone options.
^ this. I’d rather have the game delayed again and have them have more content for the characters than how the customisation is now. I really
hope they’ll do something with the DOAQuest mode after the release.

Shining_Wave

Where's my Hawaiian shirt at, yo
Signed, Brad

image.jpeg.jpg

Cadaveri

I have a feeling the production time for doa5 was substantially longer than the time from doa5lr to doa6.
They have also used a lot of recycled content from 5.

I still don't understand why they didn't just re-use the animations for intro/win poses from 5. I find the lack of intro poses one of the biggest let downs personally. It's literally the only fighter that has one animation per character I have played, ever.

Just hold on to your hats once the dlc train starts rocking lol xD

RetroMe91

I have a feeling the production time for doa5 was substantially longer than the time from doa5lr to doa6.
They have also used a lot of recycled content from 5.

I still don't understand why they didn't just re-use the animations for intro/win poses from 5. I find the lack of intro poses one of the biggest let downs personally. It's literally the only fighter that has one animation per character I have played, ever.

Just hold on to your hats once the dlc train starts rocking lol xD
Don’t worry. We will get more animations and the video room mode in DOA6U and then we will get the final version in DOA6LR and then we will finish it out with Dead or Alive 6: I Can’t Believe They are Letting Us Milk them of their Money.... AKA DOA6CC (Dead or Alive 6: Cash Cow).

...that’s essentially what they’ve done to DOAX3. I didn’t know you could milk a spin off that much...

RetroMe91

It would be cool if they jumped on the bandwagon for events. They don’t have a gatcha system, but if they did limited time event costumes and hairstyles where we could use the ingame currency to buy them, I think that would make people more apt to play and enjoy the game... it also might help people forgive them for being so dlc heavy. They did the limited time swimsuits in DOAX3 and it worked, so why not in DOA6?

Also I will be honest, I am more apt to buy season passes when I know there are characters involved. If they keep up the character dlc trend, I am all about that. With Mai coming back, I see us also getting Naotora. Haha

EvangelioN

I didnt bought too much DLC last time but I want to fully support the game this time so they better add good costumes . Right now they are doing good job with wedding DLC and MAI

Cadaveri

I just hope they don't go overboard with the pricing again (season passes were like 80$ in doa5, which was totally absurd).
Something like SC6 and Tekken 7 are having would be normal and acceptable...

EvangelioN

It would be cool if they jumped on the bandwagon for events. They don’t have a gatcha system, but if they did limited time event costumes and hairstyles where we could use the ingame currency to buy them, I think that would make people more apt to play and enjoy the game... it also might help people forgive them for being so dlc heavy. They did the limited time swimsuits in DOAX3 and it worked, so why not in DOA6?

Also I will be honest, I am more apt to buy season passes when I know there are characters involved. If they keep up the character dlc trend, I am all about that. With Mai coming back, I see us also getting Naotora. Haha

I wouldn't mind if Jacky returned or we get new VF characters as DLC (pls i need vanessa and brad)

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I just hope they don't go overboard with the pricing again (season passes were like 80$ in doa5, which was totally absurd).
Something like SC6 and Tekken 7 are having would be normal and acceptable...

I think this time could be a good chance they are willing to price the season pass cheaper.

-The main selling point of this season pass are the KOF characters. That's what they mainly promoted in EVO Japan and that's for what people are most excited. It isn't like the average Last Round SP focused only in costumes.

-There are 62 costumes but this time looks like they will be almost 50-50 for male and female characters. This mean Japanese whales and female player characters will find less value investing 92€. They should take that into account.

-If male character players start buying their season passes that means way more potential customers in the long run willing to support them. More customers = being allowed to reduce prices.

-Cheaper prices = more potential customers. It's purchase power theory. They wouldn't earn crazy profits per purchase but they could get more customers willing to support them with money because this time would be more players interested in the content and they would afford to pay it for a no prohibitive price.

More people happy = more people willing to spend money

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
-If male character players start buying their season passes that means way more potential customers in the long run willing to support them. More customers = being allowed to reduce prices.
How would they determine whether someone who purchases a season pass plays male characters or female characters?

Jyu_Viole_Grace

How would they determine whether someone who purchases a season pass plays male characters or female characters?

I don't know if the game tracks how much time you spend with each character but if it's there they could use it and look to your purchase record and use all that data to determine purchase intentionality.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD