Official DOA6 Costume Thread

SaihateDYNAMO

Maybe devs didn't bother giving Lisa different hair styles.

New Info: Different Panty Styles

You can select them via different buttons PS4 Dualshock 4: Square, Triangle, Circle, & R2 and Xbox One Controller: X, Y, B, & RT

Source: gameshibainu via oneangrygamer
I was actually concerned about the “Detail”! Sometimes darker underwear looks better with certain outfits that have lighter ones as the default. I’m actually glad it’s back lol. Hopefully these buttons also work for things like La Mariposa’s mask.

RetroMe91

They still got the nun left, to make the cliché stripper-trifecta (nurse & policewomen already done)
Nuns are the only fetish packs that I 100% endorse. I have an unhealthy obsession with nuns. I always told everyone I was going to drop out of college and become a nun. Note: the Catholic Church would not endorse that. Haha

I think I would settle for Lisa, Marie Rose, and NiCo in nun costumes.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Idk if anyone knew this but you can still change your character's underwear color apparently like in LR xD if you press Square, triangle or R2 on ps4 it'll make a special sound and it'll change the color/pattern. It took me a while to figure out what it did
You'll hear it on guys too but it doesn't change them or outfits without visible underwear I guess since they're not wearing any or you couldn't change specific outfit's underwear before.

Addictrian

I still hope that there will be an Option coming as an Update after Release , so we can choose the Costumes for the Story Mode . To see the beautiful Costumes in the Cutscenes .
Master told me on twitter that till now there is no option to have that.
But i told him that we really want this to happen , so might be a Chance for it. If there are enough requests im guessing.

After watching the Story Mode Cutscenes im really hoping that this is not all of the Story we get to see. Was a bit boring :p ;/

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I still hope that there will be an Option coming as an Update after Release , so we can choose the Costumes for the Story Mode . To see the beautiful Costumes in the Cutscenes .
Master told me on twitter that till now there is no option to have that.
But i told him that we really want this to happen , so might be a Chance for it. If there are enough requests im guessing.

After watching the Story Mode Cutscenes im really hoping that this is not all of the Story we get to see. Was a bit boring :p ;/

@Xion a while ago stated that the cutscenes are not real time but prerendered. I don't know how he came to that conclusion or where he got that confirmation. If that is true however, it will simply be impossible to change costumes in the story mode cutscenes, since they are pre-recorded videos. They can't put a video of each costume and customization item combination, even future DLC costumes, on the disc. It would blow up the game's file size to an astronomical number, lol.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Really? Damn, what about costume details like Mila's bandage ...etc? :eek:

So far I only know you have the option to change around panties, but based on what I've seen from the Wardrobe Mode (custom slots) Mila's bandages might be similar to how you would select them from DOA5-DOA5U.

I was actually concerned about the “Detail”! Sometimes darker underwear looks better with certain outfits that have lighter ones as the default. I’m actually glad it’s back lol. Hopefully these buttons also work for things like La Mariposa’s mask.

I was wondering about where the "Detail" were, ever since DOA6 introduce their customization since the only thing you can change were Outfits, Glasses, & Hair. Its good to know that "Detail" is still there, but looks like the way to selecting them receive a downgrade since DOA5LR you could select it via UI system where you could select them which DOA6 reverted back to button combination like DOA2U-DOA5U (better than nothing). Will see if removing La Mariposa's mask works with buttons once DOA6 is released or if I/someone found it.

Idk if anyone knew this but you can still change your character's underwear color apparently like in LR xD if you press Square, triangle or R2 on ps4 it'll make a special sound and it'll change the color/pattern. It took me a while to figure out what it did
You'll hear it on guys too but it doesn't change them or outfits without visible underwear I guess since they're not wearing any or you couldn't change specific outfit's underwear before.

I already posted about the character's underwear, check Saturday at 3:08 AM #745 which I posted about different panty style.

The special sound for underwear on guys sounds like a oversight that devs forget to take out for the guys.

Addictrian

@Xion a while ago stated that the cutscenes are not real time but prerendered. I don't know how he came to that conclusion or where he got that confirmation. If that is true however, it will simply be impossible to change costumes in the story mode cutscenes, since they are pre-recorded videos. They can't put a video of each costume and customization item combination, even future DLC costumes, on the disc. It would blow up the game's file size to an astronomical number, lol.
Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( and theres nothing i can do :(

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just compared the costumes (recolors excluded) for male characters in DOA5 vanilla and DOA6 vanilla.

DOA5:
guys, 40 costumes, 2-5 per character, every character starts off with 2 costumes, the rest has to be unlocked.

Additionally the First Time DLC Pack shortly after release added 4 male costumes for free, giving Akira and Gen Fu a third costume. So:
11 guys, 44 costumes, 3-5 per character...

DOA6:
guys, 21,5 costumes 1.5-2 per character, every character starts off with 1 costume, the rest has to be unocked.

(I counted Diego's second costume as 1,5, because it just misses the jacket.)

That's a really awful development. It is showing even less interest in and less care for the male characters.

Last edited:

Ninoasker

Just compared the costumes (recolors excluded) for male characters in DOA5 vanilla and DOA6 vanilla.

DOA5:
guys, 40 costumes, 2-5 per character, every character starts off with 2 costumes, the rest has to be unlocked.

Additionally the First Time DLC Pack shortly after release added 4 male costumes for free, giving Akira and GenFu a third costume. So:
11 guys, 42 costumes, 3-5 per character...

DOA6:
guys, 21,5 costumes 1.5-2 per character, every character starting off with 1 costume, the rest have to be unocked.

That's a really awful development. It is showing even less interest and less care for the male characters.
Again... remember when we thought DOA6 was going to give the guys the same treatment as the girls? lmaoo

I know people is going to say “ok but no big deal DLC is coming thruuuuu” but the point here is that the game just lacks on base costumes for the male, costumes that are FREE. Of course they’ll get DLC, but at this point you’re already paying extra so, I don’t think we can call this a fair treatment for them at all. At least give them the same amount of base clothing as the girls, even if they (obviously) get less DLC ones like in 5, so people who can’t/won’t pay for DLC have at least some variety. And even then, people who pay for costumes will also get little variety since the males usually don’t get much DLC, so that + a little base costume roster for them just makes everything even more limited. The worst case is Diego, he literally only has 1 FREE costume, AND HE IS THE NEWCOMER!!! His second costume is a no-jacket variation that feels like those costume variations you can get in Street Fighter V by imputing a command when selecting some costumes, and even then I’m reaching a lot cause they usually are more different than just removing a jacket (Urien literally gets completely naked lol).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It's disgraceful that with that poor costume selection the 25 deluxe costumes were basically ready for the base game (and are likely even on the CD), but were sold additionally for 25 bucks more. It's even more disgraceful that fans like me actually bought into it.

Going by that development, imagine the costume selection for male characters (if there are any male characters at all) in DOA7.

EnchantedDetailedFinwhale-size_restricted.gif

Jyu_Viole_Grace

DOA5:

Additionally the First Time DLC Pack shortly after release added 4 male costumes for free, giving Akira and Gen Fu a third costume. So:
11 guys, 44 costumes, 3-5 per character...

DOA6:
guys, 21,5 costumes 1.5-2 per character, every character starts off with 1 costume, the rest has to be unocked.

That's a really awful development. It is showing even less interest in and less care for the male characters.

Ryu has a third one for Xbox users but yes, dudes are lacking costumes. I was expecting more for Ryu and Hayate at least since they're popular but ...

Male costumes are also lacking details, they have less physic bodies and bones than female costumes so in movement they feel really lazy.

I hope we get a free costume pack like back in DOA 5, mainly focused for male characters (from 3 to 1.5 costumes), NiCO (3 costumes) and Phase-4 (1.5 costumes).

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I don’t understand where TN did get the delusional idea from that the girls are the main selling point for DOA. They certainly are popular, but to treat them as the main reason why people like DOA is just stupid. I really want to know why Shimbori cut the male character so short compared to the female characters. I really want to interview Shimbori and ask him critical questions like these because I think majority of the people here would like to see the male characters get more love.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD