Official DOA6 Costume Thread

Shining_Wave

Well, we think these costumes are lovely and appear to be completely appropriate.
Signed,
Ladies from 1940

ff9e68ca8912b9350c6e5074834e2fd8.jpg

Addictrian

I agree. I like them all. They might be a little boring but at least there is some modesty to them. What the hell do you guys want.

It's better to me than dressing up as a stupid pirate or the trunk set from last time.
What I want =? What we want =?
We tell it all the time .......sigh .

Individual Costumes (No COPY PASTE) Not the same thing on every Girl . Costume Sets for GUYS and GIRLS .

Classic Costumes
Individual Purchase
More Game Modes
Costumes to unlock for free with the Gamepoints
Tag Mode
More costumize Options
Theater Mode
Arcade Mode with Endings and Cutscenes for every Single Character.

and mooooooooooooooooooore .

That makes a Game interesting in long Term .

candynarwhal

I actually really like Tina's dress - but then, yellow and orange are my favorite colors, so... :p

I just remembered you can change the color of their underwear with the face buttons and R2/RT, by the way. Always a feature I've thought was fun.

KwonJigglypuff

We're so far from what I expected to be "cool" back before the game was announced. I know it's no surprise, but DOA is missing some good creative designers and the perpetual DLCs don't help the characters to have a real identity. The stages are okay but the customization and art direction is seriously lacking.

They have plenty of fan costumes, fighting suits and legacy ones. It's hard to feel attached to these swaps and I can't see how they can build some legacy around them. Just hire some small new artists. Maybe it's just my opinion, but people love their mains and the roster's individuality is one the most important part of any fighting game... I actually love the new defaults in DOA6, keep on that path!

I know hardcore fans don't bring as much money as the mass fetishists, but in the long term these casual consumers they are force-feeding are just going to channel-hop on a different thing while the real ambassadors, feeling betrayed, would have already disappeared, leaving this bittersweet and tasteless dying franchise.

Conclusion : I'd rather have 1 unique defining costume for my main every 3 months than shitty ones every 2 weeks...

Last edited:

Addictrian

We're so far from what I expected to be "cool" back before the game was announced. I know it's no surprise, but DOA is missing some good creative designers and the perpetual DLCs don't help the characters to have a real identity. The stages are okay but the customization and art direction is seriously lacking.

They have plenty of fan costumes, fighting suits and legacy ones. It's hard to feel attached to these swaps and I can't see how they can build some legacy around them. Just hire some small new artists. Maybe it's just my opinion, but people love their mains and the roster's individuality is one the most important part of any fighting game... I actually love the new defaults in DOA6, keep on that path!

I know hardcore fans don't bring as much money as the mass fetishists, but in the long term these casual consumers they are force-feeding are just going to channel-hop on a different thing while the real ambassadors, feeling betrayed, would have already disappeared, leaving this bittersweet and tasteless dying franchise.

Conclusion : I'd rather have 1 unique defining costume for my main every 3 months than shitty ones every 2 weeks...

You are so right =) And looking at the HIstory in Dead or Alive (Accept 5) ......I feel like the Soul of this Game is really fragile .
I do not know what this is about putting every Character in the dmn same Outfit . I hate it actually.

And the truth is The Characters miss their Soul through this .

The costumes are just the Glimpse of the Iceberg i think . So many other issues going on with this State of this Doa 6 built that its hard for me as a Fan from Day 1 (doa) to stay true to it (cause i wanna play this game and have Fun) but for now i dont ...

Caus e there is not much to do ...........even in the Modes i have nothing to unlock to achieve .The Coins are useless and the Fun Factor in long term is missing .

RayBellion

We're so far from what I expected to be "cool" back before the game was announced. (...) people love their mains and the roster's individuality is one the most important part of any fighting game

You're absolutely right. Individual costumes should reflect the attitude or character of the different fighters to underline the differences. , Having (only) look-alike-costumes for everyone is counter-productive. For example, having the iconic yellow costume from the "Game of Death" movie for Jann Lee is fantastic, but seeing it on all male characters would water the excitement down...

The only problem with that is that whenever I see a discussion about which are their favorite costumes, the opinions usually differ a lot. I won't want to wait 6 months for a new costume because the only one appearing in the meantime (after 3 months) was not to my taste. The release cycle is fine and I do not want to sacrifice it, but it's a pity that TN seems to play it (too) safe and without any ambition / effort.

Even if the costumes werent lame, the character models are still not good enought to make waifufans trow money to the game.
Specially when Venus Vacation offer better content.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Even if the costumes werent lame, the character models are still not good enought to make waifufans trow money to the game.
Specially when Venus Vacation offer better content.
I wouldn't say that exactly, the character models aren't super but they could definitely sell alot more DLC if they cared to make any good costumes and make more fanservice ones for those who want them. Plus the character models have butt and thigh physics and better general jiggle than LR, they could get more buyers if they actually tried and didn't just make weak generic content xD

RetroMe91

If they just spent more time making each costume unique to each character, that would be more likely to sell the costumes. This copy/paste BS is lame.

In addition if they lowered the price of the season pass, they’d get much more people to purchase it. I mean $80 is a lot for what they’ve been producing. I mean each release of content seems so lack luster. Beyond playing NiCo and Diego at launch, Kula has been the only thing I’ve been able to get excited about since the game came out.

DOA5LR had better dlc because even though most of it were fetish based, they were somewhat more personal for each character. In some of the packs, they were 3 different models for costumes, but each were somewhat tweaked to feel different plus they never released a swimsuit pack where each girl got the same swimsuit model. The content they’ve been releasing lately feels like they barely changed each costume model. The swimsuit set is the best example. Marie Rose and NiCO got one model, but the rest of the girls basically had the same model. It was a bikini or a the same bikini with a sarong tied around the waste. How boring. I’ve played DOAX3, they have so many more swimsuits that could have been tasteful and yet cuter than the boring ass swimsuits they gave us. These sundresses could have been cute if they would have put effort into them... the pirate costumes have been the best costumes thus far and that says a lot....

CFW

I don't really like to add onto the complain train, but why the hell are they treating this like it's 5LR? They really missed the chance to give us new and exciting looks for these characters. They spent all this time hyping up this game, but literally everything they've done is just... it's flat.

XxNoriakixX

You know a fighting game failed when a costume thread has more comments than the tech and character sections :( With that being said, I hate the fact that Kazoomy always gets grandma outfits while Phase has the nice(r) costumes. The males need more as well but "eew males" - Shimbori, written on ipad from his new position as a coffee maker

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You know a fighting game failed when a costume thread has more comments than the tech and character sections :( With that being said, I hate the fact that Kazoomy always gets grandma outfits while Phase has the nice(r) costumes. The males need more as well but "eew males" - Shimbori, written on ipad from his new position as a coffee maker
Well tbf it's always like that xD general threads always have way more activity than gameplay related threads unless something new is found, it was like that for DOA5 as well

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD