Pokemon thread

Jadeinchains

R.I.P me, never across my entire existence of playing pokemon games beginning with Blue have I ever had a shiny other than like the shiny Metagross that they give you.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I once caught a shiny...was it a Magcargo?...in Pokemon Silver. I think that was the first game where shiny Pokemon appeared. :) I never used it though.

Chapstick

The first shiny I saw was a Geodude in Silver that self destructed. Tfw pokemon would rather commit suicide than be yours

tumblr_ohq5xzd8M11rje51ao1_250.png

Jadeinchains

Honestly the amount of awesome new characters Sun and Moon introduced is so much!

Best villain in pokemon for a while! Also Lilli's just like the best. Lol your avatar! XD

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
How I am killing my Dex:

- Catch every Pokemon you see
- Go to the wonder trade
- Do a little bit of breeding
- Do a little bit of Pelago
- GTS to finish off

I wouldn't GTS for final evolves... just get the baby and evolve it to its final form. Fuck looking for Bagon at 1% though.... also GTS near 70% dex completion, because then you will have tons of pokemon to trade. The only reason I don't have problems with that now is because I have a near complete living dex in poke bank that I have been working on for the past four or five months.

Chapstick

Leveling takes too long in this game so I'd take a third evo and put it up on gts for another third evo or I'd search for a third evo and hope I'd find someone asking for something reasonable.

I really miss the days in XY and ORAS where you could accumulate a shitload of pokemiles from wondertrade and get a ton of rare candies to level pokemon relatively easily and pp maxes. There were also the toxic orb Blissey secret bases you could fight once a day to get lots of exp in ORAS. In Moon I'm not really sure how to get a lot of exp easily other than fight a bunch of wild pokemon outside the battle tree with a lucky egg. :/ I don't really have a team rn that can easily decimate the higher level elite 4 to get exp that way.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
You can leave like 18 pokemon in they gym at pelago. It's not the fastest... but you can at least train up mons you think you might use in the future and they level up even when you're not playing the game.

Chapstick

It probably would be smarter to put my party there before I go to bed or whatever.

btw I feel like I'm getting more pokebeans now that I have everything done and don't really need a bunch of them to develop islands lol. Also I didn't know just three rainbow ones max out a pokemon's affection in refresh, it's so much more convenient than pokemon amie where 5 hearts took forever. No more endless puzzle minigames :')

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It probably would be smarter to put my party there before I go to bed or whatever.

btw I feel like I'm getting more pokebeans now that I have everything done and don't really need a bunch of them to develop islands lol. Also I didn't know just three rainbow ones max out a pokemon's affection in refresh, it's so much more convenient than pokemon amie where 5 hearts took forever. No more endless puzzle minigames :')

I'm trying to get shinies from Pelago, and would like to find a good way since no one is really looking at Pelago in contrast to everything else. My whole island is covered in rainbow beans and I plan to max out the crate with them eventually. Then maybe a shiny will come because they simply can't resist.

Chapstick

tumblr_oi64teFR9N1rje51ao1_540.jpg

Oi vey all those Lillipups were level 1 when I started using their pickup ability to try to get a destiny knot and here it finally is 60 exp. share levels later. I've gotten like 5 rare candies, 10+ moon stones, 10+ sun stones, 5 big nuggets, a ton of hyper potions, a ton of ultra balls, and a lot of other stuff but here's the first destiny knot

This'll work nicely with my 6 IV japanese Ditto I'm pretty sure someone hacked

Jadeinchains

Lol you're insane! You could be like one of those pokemon IRL champions where they battle for money and they've bred the perfect team!

Chapstick

Lol you're insane! You could be like one of those pokemon IRL champions where they battle for money and they've bred the perfect team!
It's not too hard to get a 6 IV Ditto, go on the GTS and search for level 91-100 Dittos. There are a bunch of them that are shiny and come with gold bottle caps and destiny knots asking for reasonable stuff if you can snap them up quickly enough. I'm pretty sure they're all hacked and cloned so if you're okay with that go for it

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD