Pokemon thread

David Gregg

I just got one from pelago (was weird) and I'll trade you when I get a metal coat if I don't already have one.

Just had the GTS screw up on me tho so I'm blocked from trading for an unspecified amount of time that I just learned can last from 10 minutes to over 70 hours (((: Found a Miltank asking for a Kadabra, had one (also from pelago, the wild pokemon there throw themselves at me) so I selected it, trade started, trade stopped saying a communication error happened when I've had no problem trading roughly 50-75 times on my wifi before and now I'm blocked because gamefreak's absolutely terrified of people possibly cloning like in past games by switching the wifi off at the right time during a trade.

Thanks for the offer. :) It might be a while now though since I realized I have a bad nature for Scyther.

Wish I didn't know about natures. DX

Chapstick

...Got kinda bad news for you in that case.

You get two of your version-exclusive legendary, and multiple of both version-exclusive UBs. Specifically, you get four of either Pheromosa or Kartana, and two of either Celesteela or Buzzwole. The second legendary comes from a Cosmog you can find which will eventually evolve into another Solgaleo or Lunala.
I'm not too worried because I was able to get a Tapu Koko back by putting up one of the UB's I got for it. Also

The second Cosmog has me sad because I'm leveling it up to evolve it for the Cosmoem dex entry and ability to change time whenever I want (trading it when it's fully evolved for a Solgaleo to go with my Lunala) but it's too cute and I want to keep it as it is ):

Also pt. 2 this took less time than I thought thanks to getting lucky snagging a Castform and breeding tf out of it since it's a pretty desired pokemon on GTS to fill in gaps

tumblr_ohhr57sE9f1rje51ao1_540.jpg

This one's smaller because now that I'm not on mobile I saw how huge the other one was

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm not too worried because I was able to get a Tapu Koko back by putting up one of the UB's I got for it. Also

The second Cosmog has me sad because I'm leveling it up to evolve it for the Cosmoem dex entry and ability to change time whenever I want (trading it when it's fully evolved for a Solgaleo to go with my Lunala) but it's too cute and I want to keep it as it is ):

Also pt. 2 this took less time than I thought thanks to getting lucky snagging a Castform and breeding tf out of it since it's a pretty desired pokemon on GTS to fill in gaps

tumblr_ohhr57sE9f1rje51ao1_540.jpg

This one's smaller because now that I'm not on mobile I saw how huge the other one was

Probably breeds pretty fast with balls like that.

Chapstick

I'm guessing there's a massive amount of Pheromosas on the GTS and no one wants any because I cannot get a damn thing for them. All I need now aside from the last ultra beast and the last legendary to complete the whole alolan dex is Porygon2 and Porygon-Z and I tried putting one up for Porygon-Z to trade down for a Porygon2 but no one wanted it. Then I tried putting it up for a Buzzwole and still no one wanted it despite Buzzwoles getting snapped up instantly when they ask for Pheromosa. ):

Chapstick

Do you get the shiny charm for the national dex? What do you get for the international one?
You get the shiny charm for filling the alolan dex, 300 pokemon total. There is no full pokedex at the moment, island scanned pokemon don't even have entries atm lol but it's apparently coming when bank gets updated

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Put my Pheromosa into the GTS... no luck yet for a Buzzwole. Searching -- everyone wants a Cosmog in exchange which seems a little absurd...

Chapstick

Put my Pheromosa into the GTS... no luck yet for a Buzzwole. Searching -- everyone wants a Cosmog in exchange which seems a little absurd...
Put up a Celesteela for Buzzwole once you get one if you don't have one already since there's only two Buzzwoles per sun game and two Celesteelas per moon game. Try asking for a Kartana for Pheromosa, that's the one there's four of in sun iirc

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Managed to complete my ultra beast collection. They are awesome! :D Buzz is my favorite by far. I love this game. I learn something new each day. You can get a shiny visitor in Poke Pelago... I'm doing weird little things like filling my island with all rainbow beans... maybe that will attract one. I certainly have more visitors than the days before.

Jadeinchains

Wow lol I am no where near finished the pokedex and your already done ChapStick! :eek:

Amazing. Also I love my Ribombee but I'm jealous that you have a pink one!

Also I got this game at release and its really good, ( Lilli is the best. ) The story, world and the updated look of the game was great in this one.

Also my team is this right now.

Ribombee - lv 61
Primarina - lv 66
Solgaleo - lv 70
Lycanroc - lv 62
Persian ( alolan ) - lv 61
Mudsdale - lv 63

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Wow lol I am no where near finished the pokedex and your already done ChapStick! :eek:

Amazing. Also I love my Ribombee but I'm jealous that you have a pink one!

Also I got this game at release and its really good, ( Lilli is the best. ) The story, world and the updated look of the game was great in this one.

Also my team is this right now.

Ribombee - lv 61
Primarina - lv 66
Solgaleo - lv 70
Lycanroc - lv 62
Persian ( alolan ) - lv 61
Mudsdale - lv 63

The first time I fought Hapu -- her Mudsdale beat the holy hell out of my Pokemon.

Chapstick

tumblr_ohojc6YILh1rje51ao1_400.jpg

This one went a lot quicker with how often they successfully call in help

I want to try chaining for a Sandygast next since the black ones look awesome but it's going to be annoying af. They're ghosts so you need to use foresight before false swiping for starters. They all know sand attack (UGH) mega drain (so they regain hp and are less likely to call for help) bulldoze (so a called-in one will kill a weakened one if it gets the chance) and sand tomb (so you can't switch out). A Toucannon with keen eye would be a big help but of course this shiny Pikipek I just got with good stats has pickup instead ((: so I'd have to raise 100 BP to get an ability capsule to change that

Chapstick

Toucannon worked

tumblr_ohq4isF3Of1rje51ao1_400.jpg

Luckily my heavy ball worked because you only get one and it matched the colors perfectly.

It would have been cool if Sandygasts had regional variants where you could catch a black one on a black beach, a white one on a white beach, and a pink one on a pink beach. I'm pretty sure this game has a black beach already but I'm surprised they didn't put in any pink ones, especially in that spot all the Corsola are by the professor's shack on Melemele since pink beaches come from coral.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD