DOA5U "Prepare" - Ayane General Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesharey

Any of the upper tier players would let you get away with BT :P::P::P::P: maybe once or twice, then start countering.

:ayane:
The "upper tier players" in my country just use guard (online players too) so I used it a lot. :p

I think I saw a new move in the video I posted, it's 4P then a high kick? I'm not really sure.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm sure you will, atm I think it's been relegated to juggle ender though.

I wouldn't think BT PPPP would be so damaging for a juggle because BT PP4PP7K is there, as well as BT PP6P~K and both do a much better job than BT PPPP juggling does.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
The more I see 4P launching at it's lowest height, the more I realize that her usual BnB juggles still connect as per usual. Helena is sort of a fatty (she's in the mid weight range but slightly heavier like Genfu is, but not completely in the same weight class), so BT PP4PP7K does not hit confirm at 4P's lowest launch height on her (doesn't do so currently in DOA5 vanilla). So the usual 4P~K will hit her. It is safe to say (from my point of view) that aside from 4P recieving the new airstate, air height remained the same. Allowing for the same BnBs to land on each weight class, respectivley.

Obviously the ground terrain will cause for a change in juggles.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Hmm, actually, hey @Gill Hustle (or anyone else that played at Summer Jam 7 or 5U builds at all), did you check to see if Ayane's front turned PP still tracks?

*I should have made a check list for you to check things at Summer Jam, LOL*

Shade

Ayane has to work harder for wins in 5U. The command spin and new gravity is something you gotta get used to.

PP still tracks

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Ayane has to work harder for wins in 5U. The command spin and new gravity is something you gotta get used to.

PP still tracks

I'm not going to assume anything until "I" get my hands on the game and run through things myself. I highly doubt that is true. I am also treating her new back spin notation as a buff for obvious reasons.

Shade

I'm not going to assume anything until "I" get my hands on the game and run through things myself. I highly doubt that is true. I am also treating her new back spin notation as a buff for obvious reasons.

Lol would it be sensible for you to do anything else? (rhetorical)

The FT system has been all but removed. So realistically yes, she among other characters do have to work harder. Unless you're saying having force techs to eliminate wake up kicks and be at advantage made it more difficult for her to win....which clearly can't be true? I don't follow why you'd debate that unless you're just debating for the sake of it.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
No, I'm just simply stating that I'm not really going to assume anything at all that other players are saying until I can play. Because people make too much speculation about things and come to conclusions too soon.

So, no, I'm not going to believe that Ayane has to work harder to win until I've played the game long enough to determine that bit is fact or fiction.

Ael

Just a quick overview on some of Ayane's moves in 5U that I found.
New strings/changes:
  • P4P
  • BT 4P+K > P
  • Ayane has a SS P4 which leaves her in BT position.
  • 11P and 11K are now 1P+K>P and 1P+K>K
  • SS P+K leaves Ayane in BT position
  • Power launcher 44P+K

P4P is -5 on block
PP is -6 (5T throw punishable. The first P does not track, second P does. Don't remember if it's the same as DOA5 or not)
BT4P+K is -14
BT4P+K > P is -8
Power launcher: 44P+K is -12

Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake. Had to rush this before I leave. :)

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Nice findings, Ael~

She has a P4P? I haven't had the chance to really sit down and find anything crucial since everyone wants to play lol. I've just been playing, trying to get used to the backspin notation. Getting there but I'm playing really slow because I'm still not used to it.

About 3H+K, there is ALOT of juggle potential there. I'm going to say that 3H+K will be alot better than it was in vanilla (minus the block stun of course).

Midscreen I've just been using 3H+K > 66 > BT4P~K.

In the corner, 3H+K > 66 > BT PP4PP7K works like I figured it would.

In addition, ALL of Ayane's 64T combos are in tact (except the force techs). Also, do not let the new air juggle airstate of 4P and 4P+K decieve you. The launch height is exactly the same. Only difference is that for 4P, if you launch mid weights at your lowest launch height (not on counter hit), you have to do 4P~K instead of BT PP4PP7K. Same applies to heavy and cruiser weights (Genfu included).

3H+K is also -3 on block. 4H+K is a natural limbo stun on hit.

Also, I'm still getting used to integrating the backspin notation change into my brain and excution (meaning I've gotta get comfortable with it). But, Ayane's 1P+K takes 1 frame instead of 3 now, so it is instant. Furthermore, she has access to Korean Back Dashing. These two things are going to make her range game and spacing silly as fuck. *___*

I'll add in more details once I actually get some time to practice a bit.

Reactions: Ael

ShinMaruku

I do like how the moves have changed. I will need to test 4p4 myself. I need to put some time in Tag. This new Tag is really what gets me going.

Gill Hustle

I figured things would be okay here ha ha. I like pretty much what they've done to her 1p+k takes getting used too and since I use stick, lot of button noises >_>.

But other than that I played her a lot and I can make this happen.

Been updating Mila's thread with @XZero264 cuz it's a ghost town.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Notable Changes for DOA5U Ayane:

- P: +0 on hit.

- PP: Still tracks.

- P4P: 10 frame jab into a mid punch, leaves Ayane back turned. -5 on block, does not track. +0 on hit (fuck yeah) This move is fucking great for critical stun because the mid punch puts opponents in a deep stun, setting up for front turn or back turn launchers. This alone has greatly increased Ayane's chance for Critical Burst and her P/PP stun game mix ups.

- Side step P4: Her side step punch can now transition into back turn stance, it's something she's needed here. Adds mix up potential on hit just like 66P4 does.

- Side Step P+K: Ayane side steps then transitions into back turn stance. I really like this, I'm going to explore this some more once I get my copy of the game.

- 4H+K: It is a natural limbo stun in open stance now, and it is -17 on block. 4P+K combos are delicious here if this hits.

- 3H+K: It's properties remain intact, -3 on block, still very safe. We are no longer getting our guaranteed 70 damage anymore midscreen. However, the bound this has on hit can be followed up with various hits to get some damage. Right now for Day 1, I've been using 3H+K > 66 > BT4P~K for 48 damage (58 into wall slams). If 3H+K knocks opponents close to a wall, you can follow up with 66 > BTPP4PP7K for about 68 damage. There is obviously more to be explored with 3H+K combos.

- 1P+KP: Still very solid for whiff punishment, and it still delivers that delicious unstaggerable gut stun. But this is no longer to be considered as our keep out tool. Because it is now -8 on block and no longer guard breaks. If you're using this, be sure that you are precise with your spacing because you will get punished hard if you don't.

- 1P+KK: Still very solid for whiff punishment for sure and as a keep out tool. This move here recieved some tweaks. It no longer tracks, BUT, it is now -5 at it's closest range on block, -3 at a distance, and -1 at tip range. It was -6, -4 and -2 in vanilla. It's safe to say that you're not getting thrown out of this unless it whiffs close enough or it's -5 for a grappler to punish.

- BT 4P+KP: The short version of her BT PPPP string, which is the third and fourth hits of the string. Both are mid punches, BT 4P+K stuns on normal hit (and counter hit) and is -14 on block, BT 4P+KP puts opponents into an unstaggerable gut stun on hit and is -8 on block. This short version is a great option for Ayane when her opponents are in critical stun while she's back turned. More 50/50's~

Just an FYI, 1P+KP, BT PPPP, and BT 4P+KP are all -8 on block.

- 44P+K: Ayane's Power Launcher. The following combo is what I found (so far), and is essentially the same combo as her 46H advance mid kick hold combo;

44P+K > 8KK > BT4P > BTPP4PP7K - 140 damage midscreen after Critical Burst, and does 150 by the wall. That's half a health bar and a guaranteed KO if opponents have 50% or less health. Obviously more damage and combo potential for her Power Launcher is there.

- 7P+K: This is now Ayane's Power Blow Notation.

- 4P/BT4P: Still the great hi crush it always was, and still launches on counter hit. The day that it doesn't will be the death of Ayane, lol. DO NOT let the new juggle airstate it has fool you. The launch height is still the same, BTPP4PP7K and BTPP6P~K are still hit confirrmable at their usual launch heights.

- 64H+P: Still just as advantageous as it was in vanilla, and all our of combos are still guaranteed here. No need to stress here, this throw is just as powerful as it ever was. That includes 64H advance mid punch hold as well.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Notable Changes for DOA5U Ayane:

- P: +0 on hit.

- PP: Still tracks.

- P4P: 10 frame jab into a mid punch, leaves Ayane back turned. -5 on block, does not track. +0 on hit (fuck yeah) This move is fucking great for critical stun because the mid punch puts opponents in a deep stun, making them have to guess at your launchers. This alone has greatly increased Ayane's chance for Critical Burst and her P/PP stun game mix ups.

- Side step P4: Her side step punch can now transition into back turn stance, it's something she's needed here. Adds mix up potential on hit just like 66P4 does.

- Side Step P+K: Ayane side steps then transitions into back turn stance. I really like this, I'm going to explore this some more once I get my copy of the game.

- 4H+K: It is a natural limbo stun in open stance now, and it is -17 on block. 4P+K combos are delicious here if this hits.

- 3H+K: It's properties remain intact, -3 on block, still very safe. We are no longer getting our guaranteed 70 damage anymore midscreen. However, the bound this has on hit can be followed up with various hits to get some damage. Right now for Day 1, I've been using 3H+K > 66 > BT4P~K for 48 damage (58 into wall slams). If 3H+K knocks opponents close to a wall, you can follow up with 66 > BTPP4PP7K for about 68 damage. There is obviously more to be explored with 3H+K combos.

- 1P+KP: Still very solid for whiff punishment, and it still delivers that delicious unstaggerable gut stun. But this is no longer to be considered as our keep out tool. Because it is now -8 on block and no longer guard breaks. If you're using this, be sure that you are precise with your spacing because you will get punished hard if you don't.

- 1P+KK: Still very solid for whiff punishment for sure and as a keep out tool. This move here recieved some tweaks. It no longer tracks, BUT, it is now -5 at it's closest range on block, -3 at a distance, and -1 at tip range. It was -6, -4 and -2 in vanilla. It's safe to say that you're not getting thrown out of this unless it whiffs close enough or it's -5 for a grappler to punish.

- BT 4P+KP: The short version of her BT PPPP string, which is the third and fourth hits of the string. Both are mid punches, BT 4P+K stuns on normal hit (and counter hit) and is -14 on block, BT 4P+KP puts opponents into an unstaggerable gut stun on hit and is -8 on block. This short version is a great option for Ayane when her opponents are in critical stun while she's back turned. More 50/50's~

Just an FYI, 1P+KP, BT PPPP, and BT 4P+KP are all -8 on block.

- 44P+K: Ayane's Power Launcher. The following combo is what I found (so far), and is essentially the same combo as her 46H advance mid kick hold combo;

44P+K > 8KK > BT4P > BTPP4PP7K - 140 damage midscreen after Critical Burst, and does 150 by the wall. That's half a health bar and a guaranteed KO if opponents have 50% or less health.

- 7P+K: This is now Ayane's Power Blow Notation.

- 4P/BT4P: Still the great hi crush it always was, and still launches on counter hit. The day that it doesn't will be the death of Ayane, lol. DO NOT let the new juggle airstate it has fool you. The launch height is still the same, BTPP4PP7K and BTPP6P~K are still hit confirrmable at their usual launch heights.

- 64H+P: Still just as advantageous as it was in vanilla, and all our of combos are still guaranteed here. No need to stress here, this throw is just as powerful as it ever was. That includes 64H advance mid punch hold as well.

On 3H+K, I got 66 BT 4K to connect. BT 4K 7K is the small juggle I got to connect. Also BT 6P. These were in open space. You already said 4P~K.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD