Rachel General Discussion

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
It's pretty clear that DOA and NG are in the same world, so Rachel being in DOA5 shouldn't be a problem. Hell, he's the main reason why DOA and NG exist in the same world: Hayabusa appearing in the first DOA and then Ayane + Kasumi appearing in later NG titles. Like...what?

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Rachel LR wishlist:
214P/214P+K to be a high crush.
7P to be a a high crush.
Rollthrough K to be -10 on block, and have properties like Zack Duck SS K. (-4 in crouching state, and -6 in standing state, making a neutral T the only viable option of punish)
T to give +5 when opponent hits the ground.
6T to do 60DMG (59? Really? Just a personal thing. I hate seeing odd numbers like that)

All I ask.

synce

You think she'll return for DOA6? I kinda doubt Rachel and Momiji are coming back unless it's DLC or they make it an all girl fighter ;)

My Rachel wishlist for LR is for her not to be nerfed, but I know she will be.

Shiranui

It depends in how DOA6 is designed. If they want to just keep some classic characters and design new characters for the rest of the roster, then Rachel will not make it. But if they want to put as many characters as possible like in DOA5, then I think both Momiji and Rachel will be in DOA6. I think they deserve to have a story or a little role in the story plot since they are companions and allies of Ryu and they didn't have it in DOA5, and I think the same about Nyotengu and Marie Rose. DOA6 could be a nice chance to make these new characters grow up involving them into the main story somehow.

AsheMann21

^ Yup. It depends on DOA6's design.
I honestly believe we'll see Rachel and Momiji again in future installments. Rachel is Spartan's successor in terms of moveset, so it wouldn't be fair to get rid of her moveset entirely. Ein, Leon and Tengu were supposed to be playable in vanilla if not for time constraints (although, nobody expected the sex change huehue). Plus, why bother making a new character if she's gonna use Rachel's moves anyways?

rach hair down!.jpg

Is her hair down? Or a ponytail? Its hard to see.

FatalxInnocence

Has anyone seen Rachel gameplay in 5LR? I'm kinda curious as to if they have tweaked any of her properties/moves or perhaps given her a move or two. I say this because from what I've seen, P4 and Marie have gotten diff properties on their attacks like P4 being able to tele on block and Marie getting an extension on her PPP string.

I wonder if Rachel got any changes =]

Yurlungur

Rachel can do a lot of fun juggles on alpha, i kind of want to breathe life back into here

:426::+::P::+::h://:9::P: x2// :P::+::h://:9::P://:P::P::4::P: =82 damage

:426::+::P::+::h://:9::P://:6::P::P://:P::+::h://:6::P::K::P: = 94 damage

:426::+::P::+::h://:9::P://:3::P::P::P::+::K::K::P::+::h: = 91 damage

Lulu

Is Rachel's :1::P::P: safe ?

5 Times now I've tried to punish this move and five times I've taken a High Counter :9::K: to the Teeth.

I should probably check the move details.

Lulu

Nope, always got punished by throw.

Theres Something about that move thats not adding up.... maybe its probably input lag but for some reason I always get high counter hit when I try to punish it..... and I'm not talking about in a fight.... even in training mode I can only punish ut 50% of the time.

splslick

Theres Something about that move thats not adding up.... maybe its probably input lag but for some reason I always get high counter hit when I try to punish it..... and I'm not talking about in a fight.... even in training mode I can only punish ut 50% of the time.
The move is -15 on block so
Is Rachel's :1::P::P: safe ?

5 Times now I've tried to punish this move and five times I've taken a High Counter :9::K: to the Teeth.

I should probably check the move details.
1PP is -15 on block so you can pretty much do whatever you please

Lulu

1PP is -15 on block so you can pretty much do whatever you please

I know..... but even when I'm anticipating it for some reason Throw Punishing it is very inconsistent.

I'd say the Frame Data was wrong but I was able to i10 Throw Punish it sometimes......

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD