Rachel nerfs

Cla

Standard Donor
I love how the tier thread gets locked because "no one knows nothing" in only 3 weeks, but a thread for Rachel nerfs after 1 week is fine.

For the record, I'm not against this thread. I love it because it allows us to talk about it. Which is what should happen. Talking about it is the best way for the community to become informed enough about it to have an "accurate discussion". Locking threads does not help the community reach the point that they understand it enough to have accurate discussion. Talking about it IS the healthiest thing a community can do.*

*(obviously as long as people do it in a civilized, respectful manner. Which is very well possible. I honestly believe this community is capable of it. And to not have faith in your community to be able to do this is insulting)

Last edited:

DR2K

I love how the tier thread gets locked because "no one knows nothing" in only 3 weeks, but a thread for Rachel nerfs after 1 week is fine.

For the record, I'm not against this thread. I love it because it allows us to talk about it. Which is what should happen. Talking about it is the best way for the community to become informed enough about it to have an "accurate discussion". Locking threads does not help the community reach the point that they understand it enough to have accurate discussion. Talking about it IS the healthiest thing a community can do.*

*(obviously as long as people do it in a civilized, respectful manner. Which is very well possible. I honestly believe this community is capable of it. And to not have faith in your community to be able to do this is insulting)

It's not really Rachel that should be nerfed, but the tech that should be removed. Even if she were at disadvantage on whiff she'd still have a very scary anti wake up game.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
The character is a little too brain dead. She's solid, but just waaay too simple and 1-dimentional. I don't know what they can add with just one patch.

Tenryuga

If anything was to be done to Rachel these are the tweaks I'd make.

-Whiffed :2::K: only gives neutral - +2. I vouch for +1 though if +2 is a necessity I won't complain.

-Offensive hold only grants guaranteed followups on Hi-counter meaning this option cannot do anything vs SS. She must commit to a tracking strike or throw to beat SS.

-The low in :4::P::P::2::P: loses the stun properties but is safe on NH. She already used up her chance to gain advantage at :4::P: post :2::K:. She doesn't need an opportunity to get another mixup after blowing her first chance.

Would these changes be acceptable for the Rachel players?

AkaShocka

These Rachel complaints.....
Has anyone ever noticed that Rachel is nothing but Christie? Just only a heavyweight lol.
Christie- Evasive SS that follows with attacks, Strings that lead into a throw, goes up and down, alot of mid punches, pressure from another world, once she gets going its hard to stop her
Rachel- Evasive SS that has following attacks, string that leads to a throw, can go up and down a few times, A LOT of mid punches, and has extreme pressure
Soooooooo..... Yea. Even though Rachel isn't as tough to use as Christie is (at real play, not mashing ppppp) she is pretty much a heavy weight Christie. Man Christie has better mix ups than Rachel does IMO. Rachel does have a few options after :P::P: like grabs and such. But Christie? Man this bitch is crazy. She can go into the jak after :6::P::P: and hit low, mid, or high or even attempt a throw... She can go into the jak out of a handful of strings AND she can go into the jak all by itself. IMO Christie is worse than Rachel. But we are used to Christie so lets get used to Rachel and then see what to nerf/buff/let be or whatever.

Nobus3r1

If anything was to be done to Rachel these are the tweaks I'd make.

-Whiffed :2::K: only gives neutral - +2. I vouch for +1 though if +2 is a necessity I won't complain.

-Offensive hold only grants guaranteed followups on Hi-counter meaning this option cannot do anything vs SS. She must commit to a tracking strike or throw to beat SS.

-The low in :4::P::P::2::P: loses the stun properties but is safe on NH. She already used up her chance to gain advantage at :4::P: post :2::K:. She doesn't need an opportunity to get another mixup after blowing her first chance.

Would these changes be acceptable for the Rachel players?
Those seem like reasonable changes. Ask me again in six months.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD