Rachel Tips and Strats...

Itz King Beebop

I'm pretty sure if you're a Rachel player, you have a good number of stomp setups LOL. But let's be honest, good players will tech the stomp. We need to come together and use some common sense to try to make Rachel players scarier for more reasons than force tech and air grabs. Any ideas?...

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Pretend you're Tina. Stun, throw. 6K 41236T. The throw is active that it grabs them as they leave stun even if they don't stagger escape. And when they start poking out, free counter hit.

Nobus3r1

Main follow-ups to a teched stomp are 6PP, 6KP and 41236T, yes? I'm probably totally off but I feel like if someone is getting repeatedly tagged by either of the first two options that one should start focusing on the first option (6PP) then starting putting them in sitdown stun via 7K or 8K (possible going into launcher) until they start blocking or try to hold and then throw them. Or am I completely off base here? If I'm feeling really ballsy I'll go for PPT and see how that works out.

My early impressions of Rachel are that she is a character who completely blows up people who like to push buttons and/or don't like to crouch.

I would also appreciate any suggestions for getting some of the faster characters in the game the fuck off of me (Ayane, Christie, etc.).

Drake Aldan

Main follow-ups to a teched stomp are 6PP, 6KP and 41236T, yes? I'm probably totally off but I feel like if someone is getting repeatedly tagged by either of the first two options that one should start focusing on the first option (6PP) then starting putting them in sitdown stun via 7K or 8K (possible going into launcher) until they start blocking or try to hold and then throw them. Or am I completely off base here? If I'm feeling really ballsy I'll go for PPT and see how that works out.
It's your style, really. I would go for 6KP for the sheer frustration factor, but you could go for the stun game if you wish.
I would also appreciate any suggestions for getting some of the faster characters in the game the fuck off of me (Ayane, Christie, etc.).
Abuse 1PP, and get really, really good at holding.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
4P is also a viable choice 'cause of the tracking.

I'm quite fond of doing 214P after successful stomp, actually. It just hammers in the fact that they made the wrong choice. That it tracks and crushes highs is just a bonus. Still beats even 9/11/12 strikes. It's as unsafe as 6PP, though, and it's more obvious, so you're gonna get thrown if they block. I do 214P as my strike option after successful stomp almost every time, though, 'cause I want to eliminated as much of the stun game as possible. It launches so ridiculously high.

That said, I don't get successful stomp often, in which case 6K is probably your strike option.

Nobus3r1

Cool. Good info so far. I'm also trying to figure out how much (if any) of a place 1P+K~K has in her game. I almost never have people block it but there doesn't seem to be much to follow it up.

Itz King Beebop

I have questions about Rachel's matchups, she struggles severely with the mid oriented offense characters (Hitomi, Christie, Helena) and good spacers (Jann Lee, Ayane) How should we go about those fights other than punishing perfectly and countering on point? 'cause even the best players don't do that every game...

Itz King Beebop

I have questions about Rachel's matchups, she struggles severely with the mid oriented offense characters (Hitomi, Christie, Helena) and good spacers (Jann Lee, Ayane) How should we go about those fights other than punishing perfectly and countering on point? 'cause even the best players don't do that every game...
I'd also like to know other matchups that you feel Rachel struggles with, then we can try to discuss solutions for those fights as well. IMO Rachel's worst matchups are hitomi and Ayane...

MasterHavik

I'm trying to do make a spacing game and poke. We can't abuse the blender to high heaven.

Last edited:

Itz King Beebop

Spacing game!?... What are you playing the space game with? 66K? Smart players will back tech the stomp, and 66K is 20i... and besides, IMO I only see that move as a move for pressure, but I could just be making the mistake of not double checking. Thanks for the suggestion I'll try and play around with the concept and see what I find...

MasterHavik

Spacing game!?... What are you playing the space game with? 66K? Smart players will back tech the stomp, and 66K is 20i... and besides, IMO I only see that move as a move for pressure, but I could just be making the mistake of not double checking. Thanks for the suggestion I'll try and play around with the concept and see what I find...
Well pressure she isn't that fast and has only one crush. Besides 66k for space you H+K, and PPK. I have won matches by just spacing. Also I made a typo. I said can't abuse. Sorry.

d3v

Well, if you do get the blender started, it's best to use the longest most damaging juggles setup before the stomp, and then try to go for a guaranteed setup (3PP or 6PK into stomp).

Itz King Beebop

Well, if you do get the blender started, it's best to use the longest most damaging juggles setup before the stomp, and then try to go for a guaranteed setup (3PP or 6PK into stomp).
Stomps are getting sketchier and sketchier (even the "guaranteed" ones, -_-) but don't get me wrong when I say that because I still get my occasional stomp, it's just that keeping the blender going is getting very difficult since people are starting to understand her much better. Does anyone have any ideas for (advanced) Rachel tech? I know what people are going to say, "she's only got 60 moves," or "she's a simple character." There's enough Rachel players out there with common sense, so we should be able to come up with something crazy...

d3v

Guaranteed stomps should always work offline. If not even the CPU (which, according to Mr. Wah, should tech 1 frame before humanly possible) can tech out, then they are guaranteed.

Itz King Beebop

I finally understand how to use Rachel's stomp effectively (that means we don't have to constantly do stomp set ups anymore)... the proper use for the stomp, is to discourage wakeup kicks and encourage teching to avoid the stomp. With the implication of the mechanic of always being at negative frames on wakeup, if they tech up without you whiffing the stomp (which is very common at this point in the game,) you are sometimes at more frame advantage than after hitting the stomp (example: 3PP on lightweights +17 on tech roll.) She also has a better chance of keeping up offense by punishing with 6T instead of 416T because if they tech 6T they are -3i on wakeup, and in range of your 6P and 6K, and also you can use H+K to catch people who SS on wakeup... it's a very gay strat, but this is how you properly play Rachel... I would like it if more people could experiment with this concept of "To Stomp or Not to Stomp" so yeah that's my overview of this character so far... I hope it helped

Zanx

Thanks for this info. I'll start to mess with people with mixing up when I stomp now.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just doing nothing gives the opponent the opportunity to just do a rising kick as well. Only a good mixup if you condition the opponent to tech back as a panic response to being juggled.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD