"Ready to lose?" The Lei Fang Video Thread!

Leifang12

Wow, it's like a light went off and I just realized how little I know!
And Night, (may I call you that?) I don't know why I never watched your matches before, I probably saw that they had something to do with ranked and figured it was just someone showing off again, so ignored them ;) <yes, many of you are very good, that's kind of a given here>
I don't know if it was your opponent, but your Fang didn't' seem to be having near as much fun as she was in LF12's (may I call you that?) first set. It seemed a much more considered and deliberate set.

In the first set LF12 looked to be using constant pressure into parry when the tides shifted (with a nice follow up when it connected).
Your set spent more time at neutral, like you “anticipated” less. LF12 seemed to be playing about 2 moves out. A sort of “I'm going to do this and then that and by then these things will have happened, so I can move on.” versus “I'm going to do this and then I'll see what happens”

Maybe it's miss-confirming rather than hit-confirming?
When I play, I always think of the outcome! Example, the first match of my second set, first round, where I deliberate broke my guarenteed combo after my Unshu throw! I did 3P instead of 66P(which is safe) after my 64P! Thats because I knew that if I did a "normal" combo he would not die, so I choose to do 3P and then CB (236P) and prayed for he wouldn't counter it and luckily he didn't ! It was all a bet! and I did it because I knew that that would do the most damage and most likely kill him even though he almost had half his health left! DOA has always been like mixing up your game, think ahead, read you opponent and pray for the best! U need to know the outcome of all combos! Like LeiLeis 3P+K on counterhit if you do BT PKK2K after it the last kick will 100% force tech them up!! It situations like this you NEED to know about your character! U need to know what force tech, and what gives you advantage! I know and I try to make the most of it all the time!

He seems to know what the outcomes of the initial exchange can be, what states he could be in and what his options are (perhaps not consciously) while he is still in that state. (ie. still in the initial exchange).

I hit or I don't, either way I'm following up with ... then either I'm... or I'm in the middle of...”
It's DOA, if you mess up once, you may still get out of it.

You seem to determine your state before you take any chances.

I'm doing this and these are the likely results, which gives me these options.” looks to me like LF12 has more time to react/choose his option.
I want to say that these matches Night posted doesn't do him justice! He is so much better then the videos are showing! Secondly LeiLei can be played many different ways! I use LeiLei very VERY aggressively and that works well against some characters! I still have problems against Hayabusa >.< But for me, I play knowing what combo I can get out of this stun/state! Its very rare that I miss judge the stun! Its all a conscious choise for me! and not many players know how to work around LeiLeis options!

There is no question of your skill, and I couldn't personally determine which is of more use in tournament play, but thankfully, this is a video discussion thread, and that I can do.
Seriously though, thanks for the posts (and knowledgeable comments) you guys. Like I said, it's like a light went off. I mean, I know she can move like this, I've been through her move list enough times, but I just remembered that her “move list” is a placeholder for how she moves, and if I put how I want her to move into my hands and forget about how I make her move, I may start to get onto this.
You guys show me how I want her to move. :)
Leifang is very hard to play in my mind! She is not a pick up and play kind a character! You need to know how her parries, counters, advanced counters and unshu holds work and how to incorporate that into you knowledge of combos and safe strings! She also count alot of whiff attacks like her 3P+K, 1PP, 66K, 46P ! They are such good moves and if you figure out how to use them properly you will very likely succed! My personal favourite move from her is 46P ! It whiffs most high attacks, is fast and a very good move against running players! It comes as a surprise to many when they are running that that move is coming!

Apologies, <mandatory Canadian behaviour> for being bold happy and drunk posting, but Guinness.
I may have also discovered free cancelling because of this <and spent all my free game time composing this wall instead of playing – duh. Oh well, hopefully there's a game around worth playing for a long time and the post makes at least enough sense to be barely comprehensible;) .>
Also, just saw the guaranteed Kasumi video and yeah, the patch needs fixing, but just a little.
Free cancelling is very important! :D !
And to the Kasumi video! there is nothing wrong with her combos! they do alot of damage yes, but its all down to the environment/stage! I wouldn't mind if they let it stay in the game, but if they should fix something its that you can still do sitdown stuns and varous unholdable stuns after you've hit an item/wall ! They could take away sitdown stuns/unholdable stuns after wall/item hits and only launchers would work to get a guarenteed combo! That way, it wont be "unfair" ! But again you have to be either stupid/bad/unlucky to get into a situation like that! and the Kasumi players has to be SOOO lucky!

Leifang12

Yeah you may call me Night xD Most people call me Night, some people call me Tilli.
Maybe you're right about my Leifang. You probably analyzed it more than I did lol. But yeah, Leifang12 is really good at pressuring with her, and that's not really how I use her. Especially in bad connections, I tend to become more reserved.
We could learn from eachother Night xD I really wanna practise my defensive side ! It would benefit my matches against characters such as Hayabusa and others!

I forgot to include my disclaimer about not knowing what your connection was like or being able to tell if it was related to being 1.02. Also, to re-iterate, I wasn't trying to make any judgement calls, just comparing, not judging. I think I saw as many missed punishes/dropped combo's (very few) in LF12's second set as I did in yours and there's pretty much no way that's not going to happen occasionally online. Even with the better netcode in 1.03
the netcode in 1.03 is good! much better then 1.02 ! My matches against Bannana_Eater84 is 3 in connection and it ran very smothly! Almost no trouble! It wasn't annoying! U could sometimes fuck up your combos, but nothing mayor!

I really admire Leifang12's ability to pressure with her. I guess I also play her more defensively, which sometimes results in me getting tossed around like a ragdoll. Especially with characters like Sarah that constantly switch between punches and kicks during their strings.
Thx Einzelkind :) Leifang is soooo good if you play aggresive ! Sarah has never been a problem for me xD Because if you get going on her, they have no idea what to do against LeiLei :)

NightAntilli

I know how to pressure with her, it's just that I tend to be really unlucky when I do it, especially in laggy matches. People seem to randomly hold most of the stuff I do. It really pisses me off sometimes xD

But Leifang12 has experienced the pressuring side of my Leifang as well. So has NukNuks. I can play both ways. My playstyle changes depending on the opponent, and I play mostly reacting to what my opponent is doing. I try to play formless but precise. I know it sounds weird lol, but I love to look at the weaknesses of my opponents and then exploit them on the fly. I guess that's why I really have trouble against turtles, because there's nothing to work with there. Pure offense, although I can use it, is not my strong point with Leifang, although, I can walk over a lot of people when I use Kokoro that way.

Blackula

I must say you have to be very careful is you're going to be overly aggressive with Lei Fang. Considering that majority of her moves are very linear, you're giving your opponent many chances to sidestep you and respond appropriately.

Leifang12

I know how to pressure with her, it's just that I tend to be really unlucky when I do it, especially in laggy matches. People seem to randomly hold most of the stuff I do. It really pisses me off sometimes xD

But Leifang12 has experienced the pressuring side of my Leifang as well. So has NukNuks. I can play both ways. My playstyle changes depending on the opponent, and I play mostly reacting to what my opponent is doing. I try to play formless but precise. I know it sounds weird lol, but I love to look at the weaknesses of my opponents and then exploit them on the fly. I guess that's why I really have trouble against turtles, because there's nothing to work with there. Pure offense, although I can use it, is not my strong point with Leifang, although, I can walk over a lot of people when I use Kokoro that way.
I hate laggy matches >.< Wish they would make the netcode as good as TTT2 ! That is perfect! Your Kokoro has always been your best character in my mind! I love your Kokoro! I'll be uploading some matches of my crappy Kokoro and Helena soon xD O.x

Ooobe

Thanks for the insights (and inputs) Leifang12. :) I agree about the 1.03 netcode improvements. Seems much better than what the patch notes would lead one to believe.
@Tilli- "formless but precise" I like that, and think it's appropriate for Leifang and precise is definitely a good adjective for your style.

referee

I just wish I could have 1% of the skill people posting here have. :) (Well, it's hard when you don't have a 360 or PS3 for starters...)

Manjimaru

Standard Donor
Nothing special, im a scrubby player... :)

Only made for fun a little tribute to Lei Fang.

HD 720P available.

Grettings

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
It's Done! ^^
DOA5U Lei Fang Combo video!(EN ver.):
http://youtu.be/cp5pJ4qjZmw

This video is meant to show off a little bit of what Lei Fang is capable of in DOA5U as well as show some Critical Burst set-ups from different situations. Also, there are some examples on how a combo can be extended from a Power Launcher both indoors and outdoors as well as several stage combos.

Check out the "Bonus" section for Pseudo force techs and how to jump over a knocked down opponent.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining. ^^

Special thanks to artist:Reptiles

DOA5U レイファンコンボビデオ!(日本語ヴァージョン):
http://youtu.be/GpSVQXjJEJQ

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Great as always! After the Moo-videos will we get some Mu-videos too? Starting with Lei's worst match-up hopefully?
which is ? ... Christie?

I'm gonna be covering some other characters ...
I'm still trying to enjoy the game and break it down ..
I haven't really had the time these days .. its quite upsetting ..

GLoRToR

which is ? ... Christie?

I'm gonna be covering some other characters ...
I'm still trying to enjoy the game and break it down ..
I haven't really had the time these days .. its quite upsetting ..
I have no idea in all honesty. I have very little time for the game altogether myself
, unfortunately, and when I do get online I have literally nobody to fight. :(
I'm hoping to learn from you top players, I talk to Nanhou for example. Guy rocks. Like you do!:)
Keep up the good work.
BTW, Kokoro vid?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD