Season Pass 2 Discussion

Leifang

Why do this old stage looks better than the current one from 6. :(
F8393370-4526-4CAD-AD63-9B90093EE37F.jpeg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Why do this old stage looks better than the current one from 6. :(View attachment 28950

They put thought and care (and money) into stages then.

Also, old Team Ninja (under Itagaki) had the more talented environment artists. Some artists are simply better than others. After Itagaki left many on the art team left over the years as well.
Today most of the DOA art isn't even done by Team Ninja anymore, but some random Vietnamese contract studio.

Leifang

Also, old Team Ninja (under Itagaki) had the more talented environment artists. Some artists are simply better than others. After Itagaki left many on the art team left over the years as well.
Today most of the DOA art isn't even done by Team Ninja anymore, but some random Vietnamese contract studio.
I didn’t realize how good we had it until I looked back. Sighs...
So much space back then, the one in DoA2U was massive as well...
Would be nice of Microsoft/Team Ninja to put DoA3 and DoA2U backwards like they did with Ninja Gaiden Black.
Yeah, I would love that.

Addictrian

There is a lot of "attention to detail" missing since DOA4.

DOA5 for example had less and worse cloth physics than older games like DOA4:

Look at trousers physics. That kind of cloth physic is almost non-existent in DOA5/6.
like i told them on doa 5 before and now its missing in 6 ..................Doa 4 is when it comes to that a Milestone . even the Hair Movement is much better .

They really should orientate on DOA4 when it comes to clothes physics and Hair Movement =)

SaihateDYNAMO

There is a lot of "attention to detail" missing since DOA4.

DOA5 for example had less and worse cloth physics than older games like DOA4:

Look at trousers physics. That kind of cloth physic is almost non-existent in DOA5/6.
I think we just need to accept that they're not going to put any extra effort into going the extra mile with the game's visuals. All the extra details that DOA was known for is basically a thing of the past now. I gave DOA5 a pass because of hardware limitations but the fact they never bothered in 6 is proof that TN doesn't care anymore even if they had the budget to do so.

gatto tom

Standard Donor
People were insecure if the leaked DOA5LR costumes for Hayabusa, Kasumi, Mila and Marie would be free or paid/included in the SP2; so me and my friend tried to figure out by checking the COS_XXX number and what we discovered is that the is XXX_COS_100 (where XXX is the character's code name). Tbh i am a bit disorientated as well because, commonly, the costumes of a SP follow a certain order. For example in SP1, the Wedding costumes are XXX_COS_010 and the Pirates are XXX_COS_011, meanwhile for in SP2 the Bikinis are XXX_COS_030, so I thought that the DLC of August will have XXX_COS_031 and September will have XXX_COS_032

Jyu_Viole_Grace

The best outcome imo would be charging for old legacy costumes that didn't make the cut to DOA5, like Lisa deluxe costume. That costume is still one of her best costumes and since it can be said they had to work on it from scratch, it makes sense charging for it.

DOA5 costumes should be free updates least with both KOF girls due third parties licenses.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The best outcome imo would be charging for old legacy costumes that didn't make the cut to DOA5, like Lisa deluxe costume. That costume is still one of her best costumes and since it can be said they had to work on it from scratch, it makes sense charging for it.

DOA5 costumes should be free updates least with both KOF girls due third parties licenses.
If they bring legacy costumes back I think they should make them costumes they know people will pay for, like popular old costumes like Kasumi's pink sweater and denim skirt from DOA4(That's one of her best costumes imo), the problem with them bringing back old costumes is that they're always choosing the ones no one cares about(Helena's DOA4 opera dress, Leon's Red open shirt) or they're forcing it to be sexy and altering the design too much like they did Ayane's halter top and suspenders costume and Leifang's Chinese costume with the underboob and see through sides on Ayane's skirt.

They should release free costumes that cost in game money but they should leave those as the ones that aren't really in demand like that Kasumi intimate costume they're planning to bring back. That wasn't even one of her popular costumes to begin with xD

Jyu_Viole_Grace

If they bring legacy costumes back I think they should make them costumes they know people will pay for, like popular old costumes like Kasumi's pink sweater and denim skirt from DOA4(That's one of her best costumes imo), the problem with them bringing back old costumes is that they're always choosing the ones no one cares about(Helena's DOA4 opera dress, Leon's Red open shirt) or they're forcing it to be sexy and altering the design too much like they did Ayane's halter top and suspenders costume and Leifang's Chinese costume with the underboob and see through sides on Ayane's skirt.

They should release free costumes that cost in game money but they should leave those as the ones that aren't really in demand like that Kasumi intimate costume they're planning to bring back. That wasn't even one of her popular costumes to begin with xD

Official polls for future paid and free costumes would be amazing. I don't know why they didn't try it.

gatto tom

Standard Donor
Konnichiwa minna san, I have 3 new informations: I found Momiji's System Voice files and her OST Theme song and this strange ticket
doa6ticket.png

This ticket will be displayed in the Main Menu and when you are inside the Wardrobe Menu.
I don't think that it refers to a gacha or lot boxes, but more like an Event Ticket? Collect a certain amount of those and unlock new costumes (maybe the DOA5LR free ones we will get) ?
I was thinking about it as a movie ticket, but it couldn't be because it appears in doa_closet_store_text, that refers to the wardrobe.
Little minor thing that I noticed is that TN changed the background color of the unused costume slots. I don't know if this could mean something.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD