Senran Kagura Series

Lulu

Lulu you may want to just drop it, you're kinda derailing the thread at this point and making people uncomfortable to reply. You may want to stop or else someone may report you.

Just because its uncomfortable doesn't mean I should be silent... somebody has to say it... and if nobody else wants to then I guess I will.

mizking

I wouldn't mind another kunoichi from another game, like Mai Shiranui would be EPIC! Ibuki from SF would be cool too and they still have yet to add Kasumi in SK so that's a good opportunity too. I also wouldn't mind if they featured brawler type girls like Lili or even Taki or Sophitia from SC, there's honestly so many possibilities if they didn't limit themselves

Also JJ you may wanna merge your posts so you don't get in trouble xD

Seeing Kasumi and Sophitia together in a game again would be cool. Could bring attention to other people too.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Seeing Kasumi and Sophitia together in a game again would be cool. Could bring attention to other people too.
Yeah that would be cool, especially since they both have similar hairstyles, just Sophie braids hers and Kasumi wears her in a ponytail <3

Macca Beam

Team Ninja pulled the same bullshit with Marie Rose saying she was 18... its an arbitrary number they use to make something thats obviously not okay to make it seem like its okay.
that reasoning is more true for the old cast. after some schmucks complained about the characters looking underaged and banning Dimensions from being published in Sweden, TN proceeded to up all of their ages in 5.

but for Marie i always felt there's an ulterior motive. she's 18, looks not-18, has Swedish as the nationality and this as the birthday.
i'm sure if given the opportunity, they would make her just around the same age as Talim. her character type sells because it's unokay and taboo; attaching a boring legal age to it sorta defeats the purpose.

---

anyway, on the topic of SK7

why don't the devs just jump ship to the master race? i imagine it wouldn't be pleasant when you're way into the development process and some goon from up there just one day announces they won't allow the entire content of your game for arbitrary reasons.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
that reasoning is more true for the old cast. after some schmucks complained about the characters looking underaged and banning Dimensions from being published in Sweden, TN proceeded to up all of their ages in 5.

but for Marie i always felt there's an ulterior motive. she's 18, looks not-18, has Swedish as the nationality and this as the birthday.
i'm sure if given the opportunity, they would make her just around the same age as Talim. her character type sells because it's unokay and taboo; attaching a boring legal age to it sorta defeats the purpose.

---

why don't the devs just jump ship to the master race? i imagine it wouldn't be pleasant when you're way into the development process and some goon from up there just one day announces they won't allow the entire content of your game for arbitrary reasons.
What is the master race tho? PC isn't because DualShockers released an article saying that they gon be censoring games on steam that basically exploit "children", and since SK has alot of childish type girls like Mirai, Minori, and Kafuru I'm sure they gonna be hit the hardest tbh since lowkey most of the young girls look and sound like children xD

Macca Beam

well steam is not the only publishing platform around and the games that got hit so far were considerably more hardcore than senran. if they're really tightening their policy, though, i'll just say i'm glad i lived to see the day a nintendo console become a safe haven for lewd games

P2p1mbs

Maybe because the series main fanbase are PS4 players and they dont want to lose them? Besides, the games have been made mainly with consoles in mind, it's likely the devs are more used to making games for consoles and for a console playing market than making PC games and targeting PC players.

In other SK topics, my thoughts on the latest episode:
-The show continues to do a good job of showing how powerful and important a character Kagura is; by creating a barrier the basically empowered all the shinobi teams inside by making them go frantic shows that she can be a threat to youmas even without directly fighting them.

-Ikaruga being the only one who ended up naked when she went frantic was a bit random. Obviously, this meant she wasn't wearing any underwear for that particular fight which expected more from Ryona.

-I like to think that Kagura deliberately made the barrier make everyone including herself go frantic as a joke just to make everyone fight almost naked. The wink she gives her team when they clearly get annoyed at losing their clothes implies this is the case.

-Ryona was probably at her best this episode. Her using bondage to restrain the giant youma was her main highlight of the season.

-No new wave girls got involved which is somewhat disappointing; why bother showing them earlier when they didn't bother to show up to fight the youmas? With even Rin now going to the island portal, only the shinobi students are left but given that the next episode teased the final events to take place in a hot springs resort probably means they will never play any real role in the main story.

Fubuki being a youma-human hybrid is a rather silly plot twist for me; it doesn't really justify her dislike of shinobi since one of her parents is more than likely a shinobi so she comes across as somewhat hypocritical. It does explain the source of her power. Given her part human nature does imply it wont be Kagura who will finish her off.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Does this remake have new CG illustrations, or are they the same ones from the 3DS title?
By CG illustrations do you mean like new character art? If that's what you mean then yeah all the characters have new one, even the DLC characters like Ryona

Atahotaku

By CG illustrations do you mean like new character art? If that's what you mean then yeah all the characters have new one, even the DLC characters like Ryona
No, I mean the illustrations from the visual novel part, like this one:
unnamed.jpg

Atahotaku

It will have redone cutscenes but probably no new images like that for the main stories. Maybe for Yumi and Me-a-bee's new story modes though.

Uhm, a pity.

About Gessen's and the non-Crimson Squad Hebijo's team, how about them? I know that they've been pay-walled this time, but I recall they were free for a certain amount of time in the japanese version. You guys think they will do the same this time around?

I know that the game is a remake of BURST, and that those schools doesn't appear on it so they're giving us the same amount of content than that game. But having these schools as pay content after them being free in Sony's games... Kind of greedy for their part.

I hope 7EVEN doesn't pay-wall any already established character, aside of guest characters, of course.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

Uhm, a pity.

About Gessen's and the non-Crimson Squad Hebijo's team, how about them? I know that they've been pay-walled this time, but I recall they were free for a certain amount of time in the japanese version. You guys think they will do the same this time around?

I know that the game is a remake of BURST, and that those schools doesn't appear on it so they given us the same amount of content than that game. But having these schools as pay content after them being free in Sony's games... Kind of greedy for their part.

Its likely all the Gessen and Hebijo girls will be available for free for a time like it was in the Asian version but after that, it will likely be the same as it is now for the Asian version where Yumi and Me-a-bee are sold separately from their teams since they have new stories.

Besides those 10 characters, the only other (paid) DLC characters were Kagura, Naraku and Ryoki (for some reason). I'm Gessen guessing a special edition for the western release exists with all the DLC characters available as part of the package.

Also, about the shinovi masters anime; last week's episode was very disappointing. As someone who hates Yumi, the continued focus on her is getting frustrating.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

I do like that the anime has really gave Fubuki a backstory, Also the anime has actually made me finally like Yumi even though I would appreciate more varied focus on the girls rather than all on Yumi but I get that it's because she's connected to Fubuki.

Also the anime is 12 episodes right? If it is then this Friday is the final episode, I wonder how they're going to resolve it all in one episode? Or maybe they won't resolve it and this story will continue into SK7?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD