Senran Kagura Series

P2p1mbs

I do like that the anime has really gave Fubuki a backstory,

While I do appreciate that the anime is trying to give us more of Fubiki's backstory now, it seems a bit late seeing how she was depicted as a unsympathetic villain until now; a bit late for them to make us care for her as far as I'm concerned.

Also the anime has actually made me finally like Yumi even though I would appreciate more varied focus on the girls rather than all on Yumi but I get that it's because she's connected to Fubuki.

I personally feel like they delibarately got Yumi connected to Fubuki just so she can be the central character over Asuka. Again though, this is just because I HATE her as a character, overall, this anime has done a good job of developing her even if its at the expense of screentime for everyone else.

Also the anime is 12 episodes right? If it is then this Friday is the final episode, I wonder how they're going to resolve it all in one episode? Or maybe they won't resolve it and this story will continue into SK7?

The anime isn't over yet?? 0_o how many episodes is it supposed to be?? XD

The last episode is apparently coming this week. Obviously, this anime exists only to setup for SK7 for any story developments will only be done to prepare for that. By the looks of it, Fubuki will either be a returning villain or a supporting character along with Gekkou and Senkou* for 7even.

*speaking of; what happened to these 2? The last we saw them, they were left naked on the rooftop after losing to Fubiki, did they just get left there?

Side note: I'm a bit durnk as I type this (Christmas drnkng) so typing this up tok a bit linger than usual to avoid spellling errons. Merry Christmas BTW :D

Atahotaku

How little screen time for my girl Murasaki in this show. If not for the fact that she's one of the girls in the two spin-offs for Switch, I would think that the japanese doesn't care for her one bit.

The anime is fine with this last chapters developing Fubuki, Yumi and Asuka; but this series has so many characters that the chapters format of the Shinobi Hearts like missions in the videogame are the ideal ones for developing all the girls properly and this is what makes the anime show lacks in comparation. That and the cheap animation some times x'D

Jadeinchains

Well tomorrow is the final episode of the season and then It's over. Honestly I really liked this season, I've been enjoying the main story of it and also the interactions between the girls. Definitely like that idea though of an anime season that has the format of the girls heart missions, With each episode focusing on some of the girls doing something and the next episode focusing on a different group of girls doing something else. And maybe there could be mention of some overarching plot throughout that would happen at the end? Idk lol but that could be cool.

Also...Matsuri being one of the girls from new wave to make a cameo in the anime was awesome. ;)

Jadeinchains

Well that's me just watched the final episode of the anime. :)
I'll obviously put tbis in spoilers so...don't read this If you haven't watched it yet lol
first of all I enjoyed the anime as a whole, I will say though it seemed a little rushed how the whole Island youma thing with Dai and Rin etc was just solved in the background and we didn't really see anything with it but oh well. Also I genuinely thought that they were maybe going to do a fakeout death scene with Asuka or something with the mark on her chest but instead it just healed inbetween defeating Fubuki and the ending. But thats just my opinion and besides that I really enjoyed this final episode and the whole anime.

so yeah that's it over now, And with Peachball also releasing in Japan this month that leaves only SK7 left to start being shown!

P2p1mbs

Saw the final episode now as well. The first half felt rather rushed in resolving everything but its nice to see every character playing a role (except Daidoji :mad:).
Everything seems setup now for SK7. Let's hope that story can have equal amounts of screen time rather than just Yumi

Jadeinchains

Saw the final episode now as well. The first half felt rather rushed in resolving everything but its nice to see every character playing a role (except Daidoji :mad:).
Everything seems setup now for SK7. Let's hope that story can have equal amounts of screen time rather than just Yumi

And lets hope we actually get some SK7 info now soon since It's been so long since any information for it.

Edit: I just saw that there was an article that said this -

"
Marvelous has been sharing quite a few teases in the past few days, and today one more came by way of beloved Senran Kagura Producer Kenichiro Takaki within a New Year special on the Japanese website 4Gamer.

Takaki san mentioned that he will actively announce one or more new games in 2019. As usual, he used the wording “taitoru” which in Japanese can mean both a singular “title” or plural “titles.” The contest seems to indicate that he might be talking about multiple games, but there is no way to know at the moment.

This adds more meat to the new year message shared on the issue of Famitsu released yesterday, which mentioned that a new game of “that series” will be announced soon. While we can’t be absolutely sure, this is probably related to a new Senran Kagura game."

So more new SK games are going to potentially be revealed soon, Which is exciting but I hope that It doesn't slow down SK7 and that It still releases in 2019 since It's been so long now since It was revealed.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

And lets hope we actually get some SK7 info now soon since It's been so long since any information for it.

I like to think the story for 7 changed based on the story of the anime; the anime told a story that probably would not work when told in a game so they used it to develop more of the world while introducing new characters Gekkou, Senkou and Fubuki as well as the concept of youma-human hybrids which would all play a big role for 7. Its overall taking so long for 7 to be shown because they had to adjust the story.

Jadeinchains

I like to think the story for 7 changed based on the story of the anime; the anime told a story that probably would not work when told in a game so they used it to develop more of the world while introducing new characters Gekkou, Senkou and Fubuki as well as the concept of youma-human hybrids which would all play a big role for 7. Its overall taking so long for 7 to be shown because they had to adjust the story.

That could be it, Oh also I just saw an article so I edited my post to include some of that.

Atahotaku

Well, today I buyed Senran Kagura BURST Re: Newal and here are some impressions:

- The story is exactly the same as in the 3DS tittle, two campaigns, one for Hanzo and one for Hebijo, and same pieces of visual novel and art (a pity, really), but the dialogues with 3D models are brand new and very well implemented. The best animated in the franchise so far, with some NPCs taking actions and all xD
- The menus are great. Just take a look at Hanzo's Dressing Room option lol
- The graphics are improved in the models (and I think they're bustier this time xD) and especially the enviroment. The jiggle physics are great too (mochi mitae =3). And god, I love the new Shinobi Henshin animations. The outros are the same as in Estival Versus. Don't sure right now if the intros are any new at all.
- And I really, really love the new art models for the girls, is a pity that they don't show up any more after a mission is finished, just in character selection screen :S
- The animated intro is bullshit, reusing the two openings for the DS games. They should have put those instead or make a brand new one :S
- Kiriya looks horrible

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

Well, today I buyed Senran Kagura BURST Re: Newal and here are some impressions:

- The story is exactly the same as in the 3DS tittle, two campaigns, one for Hanzo and one for Hebijo, and same pieces of visual novel and art (a pity, really), but the dialogues with 3D models are brand new and very well implemented. The best animated in the franchise so far, with some NPCs taking actions and all xD
- The menus are great. Just take a look at Hanzo's Dressing Room option lol
- The graphics are improved in the models (and I think they're bustier this time xD) and especially the enviroment. The jiggle physics are great too (mochi mitae =3). And good, I love the new Shinobi Henshin animations. The outros are the same as in Estival Versus. Don't sure right now if the intros are any new at all.
- And I really, really love the new art models for the girls, is a pity that they don't show up any more after a mission is finished, just in character selection screen :S
- The animated intro is bullshit, reusing the two openings for the DS games. They should have put those instead or make a brand new one :S
- Kiriya looks horrible

So you played the original 3ds version then? Do you have Yumi and Me-a-bee for their story? Hows the censoring?

Atahotaku

So you played the original 3ds version then? Do you have Yumi and Me-a-bee for their story? Hows the censoring?
Yep. And no, I've buyed the physical and plain simple version in GAME, so no Yumi or Miyabi until they get released in the digital store (right now there are only two free costumes and the payed Shinovi Versus soundtrack DLC). I didn't tried the censored feature yet (I barely used it in past games, to be fair. But I will update it later with the changes. Supossely, you can't touch or kiss the girl anymore).

P2p1mbs

Supossely, you can't touch or kiss the girl anymore).

That was the ONLY thing removed for the Western release wasn't it? I'm sure most players never bothered to use that feature so I don't really see why they would make such a big deal over it :rolleyes:.

Atahotaku

That was the ONLY thing removed for the Western release wasn't it? I'm sure most players never bothered to use that feature so I don't really see why they would make such a big deal over it :rolleyes:.
Yes, Western Dressing Room has 3 options and Japanese has 4. I think the remaining one is the Intimacy Mode. Diorama and all that shit is still in. Here are some vids I uploaded:

Atahotaku

First costumes, accesories and hairstyles of the game available as DLC and shame on Marvelous for still charguing us with the same old DLCs game after game and not as free DLC or base game content -.-"

Jadeinchains

Was watching some videos of the western release, the comments are mostly just people whining about the "censored" PS4 version. As if most of them even actually use the intimacy mode :rolleyes:

For some people it genuinely just seems to be that they'll take any excuse to complain. Honestly I don't care if the kissing thing is removed from renewal and SK7 and any future games, It has no importance to me.

I just want them to finally reveal something new for SK7 or whatever this new game is! I swear the SK series team are terrible when it comes to keeping up hype and consistent news/info.

Jadeinchains

So that's it released worldwide on PC and in America now, So the only thing SK related that's on the table now basically is this new game and SK7...so actually show something.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD