Some new DOA5U info (costumes tag etc)

Argentus

lol I C wut U did there

Honestly, I would give it another shot if I were you. I was the same way, and found GoW1 kind of a pain in the ass. Not super interesting, inconsistent, horribly designed combat, horrible graphics (even for the time), etc.
But I stuck with it and am very glad I did because God of War 2 is an excellent game. Try it if you get the chance.

Ninja Gaiden: Black was a masterpiece. So was 2, albeit it took a different approach and wasn't as complete/refined as Black. 3 was absolutely horrible. Razor's Edge is good, but for very different reasons and imo doesn't touch the first two games.

ROFL

DMC4 is good when you're being Dante. It's a shame they did that whole Nero shit and shafted Dante with backtracking. Could've been a lot more fun than it was.

Hayabusa is the Ninja that makes all other ninja shit their pants and die. There's nothing bland about that, imo.

Nah, I mostly recall Ryu getting his ASS kicked by the bosses in Ninja Gaiden, or just barely keeping pace. As opposed to Ken or Raiden who straight up demolish everything in supremely Dante worthy stylish ways without ever slowing down.

I thought Ryu was cool, too...until I played Ninja Blade and MGR. Ryu just doesn't compare. He never does anything as cool as what those two. He's cool on his own, just not in comparison to them.

Like, lets compare how they exit a plane.

Ryu rides a bike out of a plane he cut in half.
Ken sonic spins a flying hydra from inside its mouth (That he jumped into to do the attack), to detach it from the plane, after fighting off demon bugs on the wings, then prevents it from crashing by PULLING IT TO A COMPLETE STOP on the freeway, with his bare strength.
Raiden hijacks the plane by diving out of a transport copter, ramming his sword into its ai core and flying it like a joystick, using it to do a flyby on the second plane to cut it clean in half, then jumps off his hijacked plane as it explodes then re-enters the helicopter that is now flying sideways to accomodate him. (Granted his living tank body is too heavy and he falls to the ground below and comes out completely unharmed, but still.)

Ryu's exit is cool and all, but just lacks the STYLE of Ken and Raiden.

How do they deal with giant enemies?

Ryu will block their attacks and slowly wittle away at their wrists or ankles them.
Ken will jump up, ninja kick em in the face, then throw entire skyscrapers at them, run up the skyscraper while its en route, just to crawl inside their mouths when they are stunned from being hit with a skyscraper, then kill them from the inside out by destroying their heart.
Raiden will parry their attacks, rip off all their armor, then just judo throw them, rip off their own arm, then dissect them into utter dust with it.

Again, Ken and Raiden just do it way cooler and more badass than Ryu. At least from what I remember of Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2.

Brute

Standard Donor
Nah, I mostly recall Ryu getting his ASS kicked by the bosses in Ninja Gaiden, or just barely keeping pace.
No, Ryu breezes through the bosses. If he seems to barely keep pace or is getting his butt kicked, you just suck at the game.

Argentus

No, Ryu breezes through the bosses. If he seems to barely keep pace or is getting his butt kicked, you just suck at the game.

Why would I suck at the game? I still breeze through it.

I'm just pointing out, that in-game, Ryu has trouble against opponents that Ken or Raiden would not. Like the bosses in the first game.

That request for "style" turned Ng3 into a piece of shit you can keep it,fuck QTEs

Wasn't QTEs or Style that ruined NG3, it just sucked on its own. No weapons, piss poor mechanics, etc, etc.

Games like Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising, and even Ninja Gaiden's regular enemies (not bosses mind you) show that you can have style without sucking.

Lol.
And Ryu had the Strong Silent type of style. It was plenty badass.

Ehm...he was Silent, at any rate. But he wasn't really any stronger than any of the enemies he faced.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Why would I suck at the game? I still breeze through it.
I'm just pointing out, that in-game, Ryu has trouble against opponents that Ken or Raiden would not. Like the bosses in the first game.

in game Raiden would get royally fucked up by the likes of Genshin and the Regent,he had trouble fighting Sam who was slow as a snail in comparison

Argentus

in game Raiden would get royally fucked up by the likes of Genshin and the Regent,he had trouble fighting Sam who was slow as a snail in comparison

Trying to remember who Genshin and Regent were. I mostly remember Ninja Gaiden 1 clearly.

But Raiden had no real issues fighting Bladewolf or Monsoon or Mistral, who were all a TON faster than Sam, and Raiden himself.

Sam was just a matter of superior strength and skill.

Chaos

It's funny that we always staying on topic for a minute and then out of nowhere we're having a conversation about something that's completely off topic like who's one of the most badass character lol.

This happends all the time. LMAO! XD

Argentus

nope just skill,Sam had practically no enhancements

Except in his sword swinging arm, if I recall. And a piston powered sword launcher built into his scabbard. Either way, it's enough strength to go toe to toe with Raiden, who DOES have insane strength by way of a fully artificial body.

Kronin

312.jpg

UpSideDownGRUNT

Why are we talking about Raiden? he isn't even cool he tries waaay too hard to be a badass though but never lives up to it... need I remind you that managing to avoid drowning was a high point to him? LOL (seriously though I actually like MGS2 Raiden it's his badass wannabe cyborg Ninja self I'm not a fan of)...

Hayabusa is just a cool headed Super Ninja that can just slice and Izuna anything and anyone. DMC1 Dante is the only thing he may struggle against the douche Dante from DMC3/4 and super douche DmC Dante(DmC, great game unless you have the PS3 version haha super buggy and framerate issues that the Xbox 360/PC versions didn't have DmC Dante? not so great) will be no match though.

Anyway I agree with Brute about DoA2U being the most diverse costume wise and not JUST for Hayabusa for pretty much everyone

Argentus

Why are we talking about Raiden? he isn't even cool he tries waaay too hard to be a badass though but never lives up to it... need I remind you that managing to avoid drowning was a high point to him? LOL (seriously though I actually like MGS2 Raiden it's his badass wannabe cyborg Ninja self I'm not a fan of)...

Hayabusa is just a cool headed Super Ninja that can just slice and Izuna anything and anyone. DMC1 Dante is the only thing he may struggle against the douche Dante from DMC3/4 and super douche DmC Dante(DmC, great game unless you have the PS3 version haha super buggy and framerate issues that the Xbox 360/PC versions didn't have DmC Dante? not so great) will be no match though.

Anyway I agree with Brute about DoA2U being the most diverse costume wise and not JUST for Hayabusa for pretty much everyone

Comparing Ryu to other "super ninjas". That's how we got on Raiden, a fellow "super ninja". In his case, a "Cyborg Ninja". As of right now, I'd consider the gaming "Super Ninjas" to be "Ryu Hayabusa, Ken Ogawa, and Raiden". Arguably Bang Shishigami as well.

Now, here's a fun question. How long do you think Hayate would last in Ninja Blade or Metal Gear Rising lol? He's just a REGULAR ninja.

Totally agreed on DOA2U costumes, as well.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Maybe when they say over 50 new costumes they mean so far, I think they may just add more costumes into it. Hopefully Shimbori and TN will bring lots of new costumes and bring back great ones as well

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD