Soul Calibur Thread

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Slightly unrelated. Just had a small event. Jumped on Soul Calibur 6 two days later!

The Amy player shown in the spoilers was not a bad player at all. He also caught more than a few times with parry stances and he even stopped me from using Soul Charge with the Resist Edge. The matches got somewhat laggy in a lot of places in the hour we've spent playing but it was still relatively playable. GG's to the Amy Player. Match videos are uploaded.

Looking forward to watching EVO Japan!
If I may ask, are there any Cassy, Geralt, Groh, Sophie, or Zasalamel players? Otherwise, I may have to wait and see...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Osaka stage reimagined. He retained Senpuu Retsuzan too. Curious if he has that OTKO attack that diminishes health bars, but instead in the form of crazy guard breaking shenanigans.

EDIT: Oh wait, he does. It's at 0:45 - 0:48. A reminder, that move alone destroys health bars in Samsho games lol.

Uberprinny

Hmmm...I don't think anyone with katana is in the soul calibur lineup. So yeah I guess its better than nothing. Just vomit out Hwang, Feng Z.W.E.I., Rock, Setsuka, and the rest of the returning characters being sold as new characters already and call it a day! I know you wanna, Harada!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hmmm...I don't think anyone with katana is in the soul calibur lineup. So yeah I guess its better than nothing. Just vomit out Hwang, Feng Z.W.E.I., Rock, Setsuka, and the rest of the returning characters being sold as new characters already and call it a day! I know you wanna, Harada!

Okubo is the director for SC

Ninoasker

"Better than nothing"? Haohmaru should've come before 2B imo. 2B is so boring, and tbfh she was a flavor of the month pick. At least Haohmaru is an iconic character.

I just hope Z.W.E.I., Hwang and/or Yun-seong make it into the game. Z.W.E.I. especially, since I love him.

Uberprinny

2B although new in the roster, she was slapped on with some of Inferno's move set. If we were talking about samurai showdown characters, Ninehalt Seiger or Gaira would have been the better picks. How do we know that Haohmaru isn't a Mitsurugi reskin that can spam mini twisters and dp? Who is next? Zankuro?!

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Where's Yun-Seong? :(
I might consider getting the game for 20 bucks when he's finally in there. Now already skipping two games, they really must have some agenda against him...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I never even played SC and i'm already wondering on how Haohmaru turns out, he even has the parry. Curious if they are going to add more moves to him since any of the Samsho games he was from didn't really have a huge chunk of moves. They might even add new moves to compensate that drawback. Will he have access to cancellable moves? will he have the startup cancel of the twister to throw people off or to purposely make them step? will he use the bottle of Sake he has with him to chonk opponents with it or reflect projectiles?

Honestly can't wait to hear the crowd chants at tournament events on stream when he lands that super crazy one-hit heavy mystic slash (Zankousen) that does HUGE damage, literally VF's shoulder but for SNK.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD