Soul Calibur Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
What is this, 2013?

Tekken 7 runs in just 720p resolution on Xbox One (and looks terrible for that matter) and 900p resolution on PS4. Even on the PS4 Pro they just manage to hit 1080p, which is usually the standard on base PS4. Unreal Engine 4 games in 60fps do not scale down well on consoles. That doesn't matter to Bandai Namco though. Even now they just showed SC6 PC footage on the PSX event. *insert rolling eyes gif here*

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I truly hope the recycled assets means a more in depth customization system or more content in general

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
What is this, 2013?

Tekken 7 looks really bad on XBone. Doesn't remotely pass as a generation 8 game. SCV looks arguably better than it. I agree that the Unreal Engine is just shitty for fighting games on consoles and hope SCVI doesn't get down-scaled too much. SC prides itself on looking awesome and I don't expect SCVI to break that tradition.

Radiance

10 Minutes of Mitsurugi vs Sophitia new gameplay. Enjoy!

Looking over this, really saw a lot of new shit from Mitsu's moveset that made the character look so much more exciting. Other than the new system, sophitia's moveset seemed similar to SCIV, but she's always had a familiar moveset and not altering much but it's still early. Happy to hear they're planning to go back to their roots of soul calibur II in terms of gameplay mixed with V. Sounds like step guard might be returning which was much needed in SC:V. Won't judge the game on looks because it's obvious they still have much to work on. One thing I want is the full utility of movesets and not that watered down shit they did to make the game/characters easier in SCV (ivy for example)..

Radiance

Glad they're keeping the SCV/SCII move speed, think they should also keep just guards but meterless guard impacts should come back, guard breaks should stay as well. One thing I hated in SCV was taking damage from breaking throws. Wasn't much, but they could still kill you. Wonder if they'll even bring back the soul charge

Brute

Standard Donor
Remove all meters, cut special effect graphics in half, and bring back all the fan favorites like Kilik, Seong Mi-na & Talim.
And for the love of God, don't fuck up Nightmare.

Also, at 4:06 in that video, the Bandai guy they're interviewing basically admits to fucking up the bloom in the later games. ololol

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Remove all meters, cut special effect graphics in half, and bring back all the fan favorites like Kilik, Seong Mi-na & Talim.
And for the love of God, don't fuck up Nightmare.

Also, at 4:06 in that video, the Bandai guy they're interviewing basically admits to fucking up the bloom in the later games. ololol

^ This.

Though I have faith that Namco will... *Ahem* Do the right thing.

Last edited:

Shiranui

Ivy better have her stances back.
I really want to have III or IV Ivy's gameplay back. But being this new SC some kind of reboot, I fear Ivy will be very similar to I and V, where she doesn't have any other stance than Serpent's Embrace and you switch between sword or whip depending on how you press the button :/

gamemaster14

Does anyone have ideas for Guest characters for Soul Calibur 6?

Team Ninja should take a Queue from Namco Bandai and start working on Dead or Alive 6. (if they haven't already)

LarsMasters

Does anyone have ideas for Guest characters for Soul Calibur 6?

Team Ninja should take a Queue from Namco Bandai and start working on Dead or Alive 6. (if they haven't already)

To me, Nioh ver. of William as 3rd-party representative. I dunno about 2nd-party representative but,... seems it always been Heihachi, again... just like how Ayane & 3 Ikkitousen guests re-appear from Shinovi Versus to Beach Peach Splash.

Leifang

Looking over this, really saw a lot of new shit from Mitsu's moveset that made the character look so much more exciting. Other than the new system, sophitia's moveset seemed similar to SCIV, but she's always had a familiar moveset and not altering much but it's still early. Happy to hear they're planning to go back to their roots of soul calibur II in terms of gameplay mixed with V. Sounds like step guard might be returning which was much needed in SC:V. Won't judge the game on looks because it's obvious they still have much to work on. One thing I want is the full utility of movesets and not that watered down shit they did to make the game/characters easier in SCV (ivy for example)..
I agree, I'm loving this direction too. Not only I want game right with our beloved favorite characters. But have full offline content at launch. We need two story modes, the main story and solo side stories for characters who are not related to the main one. Something like Injustice 2. Survival mode, time attack and chronicles of Soul is a must have back, including characters creation mode.

Nyte

New stuff.

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcal...asizes-enjoyment-sword-fighting-single-button

• Development was decided from the fact that it is the series’ 20th anniversary and there are still no 3D weapon-based fighting games on current generation hardware.
  • The keyword is “reboot.” We reviewed previous entries, and looked back on how users played and received each game.
  • We want players to know the world of the original Soulcalibur by solidly depicting its story once again. Part of that is the hope that not only current players, but also those who played in the past will return.
  • 1586, the era of Soulcalibur, is an era of many unfinished tales.
  • New characters will appear. These will be important characters who have significant involvement in the story and such.
  • (Will there be guest characters?) “Please look forward to it!”
  • The basics parts of the battle system, which utilize vertical slashes, horizontal slashes, and running to fight, have not changed.
  • Movement speed and operability are being tuned to emphasize comfort so that anyone can play.
  • The most significant evolution is the introduction of the “Reveresal Edge” system, which is an attack that integrates offense and defense to defend against almost all techniques with a single button, regardless of whether they are high, middle, or low. By mastering this, even beginners can can read the moves of advanced players.
  • The game will emphasize how you can enjoy the fun of sword fighting with a single button. They are also fixating on production.
  • Critical Edges are also being prepared. While their command inputs were difficult in Soulcalibur V, they can be activated with a single button in Soulcalibur VI.
  • There is a system called “Soul Charge,” which is paired with the Critical Edge system. You can power-up for a certain time by expending the gauge. Soul Charge-exclusive techniques are also being prepared.
  • A “Lethal Hit” system is being prepared for advanced players. By landing specific techniques with certain conditions fulfilled, you can perform powerful combos depicted through special production and slow motion. By doing this you can destroy your opponent’s equipment.
  • If Mitsurugi’s lower body equipment is destroyed, he will essentially only be wearing a loincloth. If Sophitia’s hair accessories are destroyed, her hairdo will change.
  • Guard Impacts can be used without depleting the gauge.
  • We also want to offer a tutorial mode.
  • We feel that character creation is an attraction that cannot be removed from the series. We cannot say anymore, but please look forward to it.
  • Development is 70 percent complete.

DedUp

Not only that, but it sounds like they're bringing back meter and EX moves.

• Critical Edges are also being prepared. While their command inputs were difficult in Soulcalibur V, they can be activated with a single button in Soulcalibur VI.
  • There is a system called “Soul Charge,” which is paired with the Critical Edge system. You can power-up for a certain time by expending the gauge. Soul Charge-exclusive techniques are also being prepared.

I wasn't a fan of those in SCV but at least they're not tying it to Guard Impacts. Though the Soul Charge system that's described actually sounds more like Max Mode from the KOF games. I'm not a big fan of meter an EX moves in general and the Reversal Edge stuff is a bit troubling, but I'll keep an open mind since there's also a lot of good stuff from the sounds of it. I'm especially pleased that they recognize that character creation is popular as it's become one of my favorite aspects of the series.

Brute

Standard Donor
*The most significant evolution is the introduction of the “Reveresal Edge” system, which is an attack that integrates offense and defense to defend against almost all techniques with a single button, regardless of whether they are high, middle, or low. By mastering this, even beginners can can read the moves of advanced players.

*The game will emphasize how you can enjoy the fun of sword fighting with a single button. They are also fixating on production.

lolwut?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD