Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Hit effects still appears in both throws and holds, Tina is still missing hair alpha channel textures, almost all UV mapping and rigging issues are still there (they only fixed male navels), Mai fire particle effects are still causing stuttering issues ... but ey, now you gain more coins to spend in literally nothing.

They had a whole months to fix things and they did almost nothing. Aside the new stage, this update is the same as always.

New director and improving their marketing approach listening to consumers?, yeah sure. I will believe there's a new director when I see him somewhere.

werewolfgold

Does TN announe when they will add in new intro and victory poses? I keep expecting those for every new DLC and update.
Here's what we got:
"Added entry and victory animations for the following characters: Entry animations: Zack, Hayate, Honoka, Nyotengu. Victory animations: Tina, La Mariposa, Raidou, NiCO."

they only fixed male navels
@Tyaren PROGRESS!! lol

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Ok, I reinstalled the game because the last update caused crashes for some reason (installation issues?) and now I noticed Mai doesn't cause stuttering anymore.

I will give they credits for that at least.

Raansu

I touched the game today and I noticed coins and level up bonuses after each match.

Ya you get more based on rank or something like that. Nice for newer players I guess, but overall whatever given most everyones unlocked everything by this point lol.

P2p1mbs

Here's what we got:
"Added entry and victory animations for the following characters: Entry animations: Zack, Hayate, Honoka, Nyotengu. Victory animations: Tina, La Mariposa, Raidou, NiCO."

I used Tina for a few fights in the new beach stage to check it out and didnt realize she may have used a different victory pose. I'll check it out again. Its recycled from the last game? I must have not noticed.

Why are they taking so long to add more poses if they're just going to reuse stuff from last game? Is it really that difficult? I guess we should be thankful the poses are aded in for free...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I used Tina for a few fights in the new beach stage to check it out and didnt realize she may have used a different victory pose. I'll check it out again. Its recycled from the last game? I must have not noticed.

Why are they taking so long to add more poses if they're just going to reuse stuff from last game? Is it really that difficult? I guess we should be thankful the poses are aded in for free...
Probably to keep people coming back so they can see what's changed or different xD

Tina2040_

It's the 'I'mma rock you' one. Recycled.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yes, keep adding new ranks. It's not like ranked is a ghosttown or anything.

It's always been the cheapest way to bring back back a few players. I'm sure it will help make it less of a ghost town for a few weeks.

New patch coming out. DLC costumes. I can't remember if the ones found are confirmed to be linked to a free pack or are season pass dlcs.

Either way I don't really care. The dlc has been weak and uninspired, and most of the tweaks have been worthless or make my favorite characters weaker and less rewarding.

With the currency bonuses they act like there is regular content coming out for the game and you will need this bonus for your heavy grind, but yet all the players have all the base game content.

It just seems like this game is either undergoing huuuge revisions for a future ultimate version or they are just stealth killing 6 because of its impact being poor with the only thing keeping it alive is the community.

When the tournaments aren't on and when Rikuto isn't streaming, it's a dead game. KT and Team NINJA are doing nothing from what I can see to ensure that it isn't a dead game.

Mai was a fantastic addition that ended up doing very little compared to the damage Kula Diamond did to the game balance.

Kula is a cool character otherwise that is an absolute abomination in DOA. Her tools are a fucking disgrace to anyone that wants to have a good time with this game.

I bet that she will not even be nerfed, but Bass and Batman will continue to get it because they don't want heavies to be good and Bass just fisted their favorite new Loli NiCo at the latest DOAWC.

Last edited:

Dionysus

I think it’s clear the legacy costumes won’t be free. If they were, they’d be listed in that patch seperate from the dlc. Unless they’re coming out later.

While I agree they’ve screwed Bayman over in particular, I don’t think NiCO is a good example of them playing favourites. They’ve nerfed her every patch since launch.

shinigamy87

After 40 days that I bought the game:

* Story Mode: Complete
* 130 Quests: Complete with 3 stars
* Arcade, Time Attack, Survival: Complete in all difficults
* Tutorial: Complete
* Combo Challenge: Complete with all characters I have (also Nyotengu and Phase 4, but not Mai and Kula because i don't have them)
* Player Level: 60
* More then 100 wins in rank (I'm C+ actually with 54.3% of win rate)
* I won more then 10 times in a Row in Rank, but not 20
* I defeated a silver player in rank.
* I dont have all costumes yet, but I have to unlock only about 20 of them.

Question: Am I doing fast, or I am slow after 40 days (about 1 or 2 hours per day) ?
If someone want to learn me how to become a pro, i will listen/follow him.
Maybe it is not necessary to say, but I'm main Christie.
Thank You.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I always said that it doesn't make sense treating this game as DOA5LR because this game isn't DOA5LR.

They still keep pushing the over 60 costumes season pass model that worked in DOA5LR because the game was already polished in everything and full of content. Selling several premium price season pass was something people would let happen because the game was already finished, they didn't care about that content because the core game was great.

With DOA6 is different, people need raw relevant content instead lazy and copy paste boring costumes. The core game is .. at least imo, one of the worst in the franchise and the gameplay is more and more boring and basic with each new rebalance.

I don't know if the new director dude is already taking the lead but SC VI season pass 2 direction is what DOA6 needs as well. Revamping current mechanics, new moves, more stages and several characters.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
It's always been the cheapest way to bring back back a few players. I'm sure it will help make it less of a ghost town for a few weeks.

New patch coming out. DLC costumes. I can't remember if the ones found are confirmed to be linked to a free pack or are season pass dlcs.

Either way I don't really care. The dlc has been weak and uninspired, and most of the tweaks have been worthless or make my favorite characters weaker and less rewarding.

With the currency bonuses they act like there is regular content coming out for the game and you will need this bonus for your heavy grind, but yet all the players have all the base game content.

It just seems like this game is either undergoing huuuge revisions for a future ultimate version or they are just stealth killing 6 because of its impact being poor with the only thing keeping it alive is the community.

When the tournaments aren't on and when Rikuto isn't streaming, it's a dead game. KT and Team NINJA are doing nothing from what I can see to ensure that it isn't a dead game.

Mai was a fantastic addition that ended up doing very little compared to the damage Kula Diamond did to the game balance.

Kula is a cool character otherwise that is an absolute abomination in DOA. Her tools are a fucking disgrace to anyone that wants to have a good time with this game.

I bet that she will not even be nerfed, but Bass and Batman will continue to get it because they don't want heavies to be good and Bass just fisted their favorite new Loli NiCo at the latest DOAWC.
I’m sorry but the grapplers, grabs are OP in this game. Bass and Tina have multiple grabs that do as much damage as Alpha’s burst in DOA5. I think the 10% damage boost to throws was a stupid choice. I hope they bring it back to the way it was in DOA5. I think that DOA6 needs to be reworked anyway.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
My opinion is that grabs are harder to input than i9 high punches and should be rewarding.

When you play as Kasumi you don't need to play any mind games to hit someone and with Bass and Tina you do. The reason NiCO is adjusted every patch is because her move list was an untested mess.

Jim dominated Sio with Bass not because Bass is god, but because Jim is.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
My opinion is that grabs are harder to input than i9 high punches and should be rewarding.

When you play as Kasumi you don't need to play any mind games to hit someone and with Bass and Tina you do. The reason NiCO is adjusted every patch is because her move list was an untested mess.

Jim dominated Sio with Bass not because Bass is god, but because Jim is.
If he’s a god consider me not religious

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD