Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I'd be lying if I didn't say that this is a strange route to do the whole individual costumes thing. I thought It would be as simple as just putting them on the PSN store individually like happened with DOA5 but I guess they couldn't or something? Oh well honestly this sounds totally simple too, I guess you just buy the tickets then buy them from the wardrobe or something like that. So long as the exchange rate of real money to the tickets is fair then this is totally fine.

Have they shown the exchange rate?
I'm guessing it's like - £5 gets you 500 tickets or something and each outfit costs 100 tickets? Something along those lines?
I saw a preview that a costume was worth 2 tickets, so i’m not sure about that. Maybe €10 for 6 tickets?

Raansu

If the tickets are not a 1 to 1 cost of an actual individual costume purchase then......well I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if they did that BS currency exchange where you have to buy in bulk.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If it's 1$/€ per ticket and a costume costs 2 tickets then that's fine. Nothing really changed, except it takes an additional step to buy a costume, but whatever. But I can't shake the feeling they want to make us pay more like that, that there is some downside to this we don't realize yet. It's a sad state when I don't trust a developer/game company at all anymore.

@Chapstick just made a good point on Discord. If these costumes won't be bought over the PS Store, will they not be listed as bought there? Will the certificate of us owning those costumes be handled by KT servers or tied to our game save files? If it's save files, what if I lose that for some reason?

Last edited:

werewolfgold

I literally do not understand this. On pretty much any side. Are we supposed to believe that only Sony NA and Sony EU don't want individual costumes for sale? It's not the costumes themselves because they clearly allow the bundles on the store.

And if it's just that Sony NA/EU doesn't want to clog up their store front with 8500 costumes like in DOA5, why is Sony Asia/Japan still okay with that? Then if it's that they didn't want the bad press about clogging up the stores, why is everything fine on Xbox and Steam?

And why was the ultimate solution not just to delist the pages on the main store front but have individual purchases be accessible via in-game menu a la Street Fighter V?

I guess we'll see how this all is implemented in the end, but I definitely agree that we should all be skeptical on what TN/KT is doing with this. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

SaihateDYNAMO

We wouldn’t have to be skeptical if they just released a statement/video/whatever explaining what the tickets actually ARE. Ever since the announcement we’ve heard nothing from TN or KT about them, so I’m not surprised at this mass confusion and frustration. This better not be a ripoff.

Raansu

I literally do not understand this. On pretty much any side. Are we supposed to believe that only Sony NA and Sony EU don't want individual costumes for sale? It's not the costumes themselves because they clearly allow the bundles on the store.

And if it's just that Sony NA/EU doesn't want to clog up their store front with 8500 costumes like in DOA5, why is Sony Asia/Japan still okay with that? Then if it's that they didn't want the bad press about clogging up the stores, why is everything fine on Xbox and Steam?

And why was the ultimate solution not just to delist the pages on the main store front but have individual purchases be accessible via in-game menu a la Street Fighter V?

I guess we'll see how this all is implemented in the end, but I definitely agree that we should all be skeptical on what TN/KT is doing with this. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Sony NA/EU/JP actually act as separate entities of the same company. So it wouldn't be that far fetched to believe this is purely an issue with different branches of Sony. This is actually one of the reasons why Sega had so many problems with its consoles back in the day.

XxNoriakixX

Not sure if anyone cares but they're selling avatars of the characters now, at least in Japan atm!^.^

I think the free costumes they're gonna start to add in starting with the Mila and Marie and Ryu ones are gonna be able to be bought with the in game money, that and the two other recolors they'll have for the costumes like how they did Mai and Kula. I hope they'll cost quite a bit so that way we can burn through the in-game coins faster and won't be sitting on excess coins anymore, I have 8 million that I would spend on new hairstyles and other stuff if they bothered to add anything new xD

Orrrr.... you take free pictures from the web and use them via the ps app :^) This money feeding has to end or Koei will never stop :genfu:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Orrrr.... you take free pictures from the web and use them via the ps app :^) This money feeding has to end or Koei will never stop :genfu:
Well tbf that only works for close friends iirc and I'm not accepting close friends anymore for a good while since I have trust issues xD TN should make a contest or something to use screenshots as avatars, they could even hire me since I take bomb ass pics. I know the best poses and lighting for each character like the back of my hand :cool:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Even if this is the case, NA and EU allowed the items for Mai and Kula to be sold individually. Why would they be okay in that instance, but not for any of the other costumes?

I'm starting to think that with the excuse of making individual costume purchases available on PS4 (which is however no problem in other regions, in plenty other games and even in the case of Mai and Kula DLC) they are implementing a new shop system that relocates business from the PS Store to their own game store and licenses for bought DLC from PSN to their own servers or however they plan to manage that.

RayBellion

Even if this is the case, NA and EU allowed the items for Mai and Kula to be sold individually. Why would they be okay in that instance, but not for any of the other costumes?

We're in the realm of pure speculation here, but the PS store may start to develop the same problems the Steam store has since ages. They've split the release overview into games and DLC already, probably to counter the negative visibility impact the increased product output has. They may experience that exposure time of products becomes an issue nowadays, so maybe they have requirements of minimum average sales for a DLC to be listed, and the new Kula/Mai stuff got in only because it qualified as an expansion or because sales expectancies were higher here?! I know from my own experience I hate scrolling through endless listings of DLCs for the same stupid product I don't care for and I don't own. I feel the current store is already totally cluttered up. They need a redesign badly, but as long as Sony sticks to it, the negative effects will be combatted with listing regulations?! And since DOA6 ist not that much of a blockbuster...

RayBellion

If it's 1$/€ per ticket and a costume costs 2 tickets then that's fine. Nothing really changed, except it takes an additional step to buy a costume, but whatever. But I can't shake the feeling they want to make us pay more like that, that there is some downside to this we don't realize yet.

... they are implementing a new shop system that relocates business from the PS Store to their own game store ...

I have the feeling this ticket system will allow them to vary the pricing much easier. Iirc the pricing for DOAX3 costumes varied depending on how revealing a costume was. How about the same for DOA6? What if they want additional pressure on the customer? Introduce weekly sales and special offers - all such marketing and pricing instruments are much easier to accomplish if they do not need the Sony shop as an annoyed intermediate but can do it directly through their own system.

Ninoasker

I love how now snk has the least scummiest business practices out of everyone and they legit went bankrupt
Yet they managed to miraculously comeback. I’m pretty sure that, if this ever happened to a company like KT, they won’t be that lucky. Bad business practices means they don’t have any fucking idea what they are doing, I can’t see them managing to do what SNK did lol.

Chaos

Here I go planing on purchasing a premium ticket and this is pops up.....
20190905_211711-1664x936.jpg

929af1a44b9c2032b0a511f445e636a2.jpg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
kasumi digital deluxe still isn't available even by ticket
Well... it’s because it’s a console based costume that you only could get by buying the digital deluxe edition. It’s not a regular dlc costume like the rest.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD