Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Of course they already know the answer to that 'Male vs Female' poll. Team NINJA could have prepped this poll for a number of reasons:

• They want to have a quick justification resource in the future as to why there will be no males added to Dead or Alive 6
  • Team NINJA wants to see if there is a trend in the game they don't already know about through marketing
  • It's simply a frivolous poll to stay active and relevant on Twitter
To me it's not a problem that the majority of the cast is female. In the past - the series was dominated by male characters so the change really isn't about fairness more than it will end up being a lack of variety.

I personally think a Nioh character of some kind would be great promotional for Dead or Alive and Nioh 2. If they brought character customization as deep as Nioh 2 that would be quite a grand addition and it would also make it fair for both genders.

Based on what I believe and know, I wouldn't put it past Team NINJA to add more than one DOAXVV character.

Last edited:

werewolfgold

Years of self-selecting for a specific fanbase, and they have the gall to even put this poll up? lol

Maybe there'd be a universe where the poll would be more even if they had given a shit about the male characters up to now. But, it's clear that they didn't and anyone with some kind of primary interest in male characters got chased away.

U_C_A_F

TN has no one but themselves to blame for cultivating the stigma of DOA being nothing but a titty fighter by continuously catering to that fanbase while completely ignoring everyone else. That poll is nothing but reassurance for them to continue their desperate waifu pandering while the series continues to be a joke. I guarantee we'll be getting more than one VV character before we get a single male dlc character new or returning.

The lack of male popularity in the DOA franchise mainly does has have to do with the male characters being less prioritized. After looking at the responses to the poll on Twitter, I saw that many preferred female characters due to either their fighting styles or their charm and charisma. The latter could’ve been applied to the males as well, but most were stuck with lesser personalities and, therefore, seem like they’re just there to take up space, almost like tools.

I think if males in game were given equal amount of attention and had more effort put into them, people would acknowledge them more. Also, people would possibly be less under the impression of DOA being a so-called Titty fighter. There are people who do acknowledge and care for the males as much as the females, but it doesn’t seem like they’re being heard. Mind you, getting rid of these characters won’t solve the issue, either, but I’m not sure if TN knows what they’re doing anymore.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Raidou was a wasted oportunity. That ugly redesing and that boring moveset that's basically Ryu + Hayate was too lazy. He should look and fight more like a true final boss, something they achieved with Alpha 152.

Diego is just as lazy as NiCO, a bunch of stereotypes they think can fit in western market.

In a situation with generic male character and generic but cute female character, the last one will always be more popular by default.

Last edited:

Shining_Wave

Fighting games used to favor the men, those days are goooone

414627-dead-or-alive-3-xbox-screenshot-character-select.jpg

Raidou was a wasted oportunity. That ugly redesing and that boring moveset that's basically Ryu + Hayate was too lazy. He should look and fight more like a true final boss, something they achieved with Alpha 152.

Diego is just as lazy as NiCO, a bunch of stereotypes they think can fit in western market.

In a situation with generic male character and generic but cute female character, the last one will always be more popular by default.
In regards of the two newcomers, while both were pretty disappointing, you can still see that more effort was put into NiCO’s design than Diego’s. If they were a bit more adventurous with Diego’s design, I’m sure he would’ve been recieved better by the community.
The part that bothers me is that it seems like the developers see us western gamers as simple minded children that could be satisfied with simple, uninspired characters with little to no personality. We’re not all like that.

Last edited:

SaihateDYNAMO

To me, the poll serves absolutely no purpose since they’re going to give us more females regardless. This is just a way for them to seem like they’re doing it for the fans’ best interest when it inevitably does happen. Technically it already is, as all 7 DLC characters so far (including the planned DOAX girl) are female.

Tragic and messy across the board. They honestly shouldn’t even have used twitter for the poll considering the type of people that typically comment on the DOATEC tweets, so both parties are at fault here.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
*sees the results* what a surprise... obviously the female cast is more popular if the male characters barely get any dlc, storyline, character development and attention. Hayate mostly has the personality of a brick wall because Team Ninja actually did nothing with his story, didn’t gave him a redemption arc, and didn’t even allow him as a character to grow and evolve. Hayate really is the prime example of why the DOA males are less popular.

Something tells me you don’t play Raidou because his moveset is nothing like Hayate and Hayabusa. He mostly has Bass, Gen Fu, Bayman and Leon, lol. I don’t think Raidou is a wasted opportunity, but I do think that he’s poorly executed. Raidou could’ve had his memories back, tell his side of the story, explain Honoka’s history etc. But anyway, Raidou was brought back to make Honoka relevant and to give her a story line. He’s nothing but a leverage for Honoka’s mysterious origin.

Let’s not even start about the new comers. You already see a clear difference when you look at both designs. NiCO’s design isn’t lazy if you know why her hair has that colour and the origin of her name. There’s been put thought into this character, too bad she is another 18 year old child. Japan seems to love children, it’s pretty creepy. Anyway, Diego really is the embodiment of what a lazy, boring, and empty design looks like. From his fighting style, to his personality, to his backstory, to wardrobe. It all screams lazy to me, no wonder he was shown before literally everybody else.

This is actually why I don’t like Team Ninja when it comes to DOA. I don’t mind sexy costumes, loli’s, or that the game is female oriented. What pisses me off is the fact that the males barely get any attention, mostly help the female cast develop and grow in the story, barely get any love put into their designs, give them the bare minimum and when they ever get DLC. It’s a DLC pack for the entire cast with copy paste shit which makes them even less stand out. I honestly just want them to give the male cast some more attention, love and thought when they ever will add one.

Last edited:

WisperG

Why only list two genders? Can we get a Seth or Poison?
Because this is just be a poll collecting data on the existing cast. Though we’re speculating that they might use this data when considering future characters, there aren’t any characters like Seth or Poison in the cast to ask us about.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD