Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

onelasttime

I really like Tamaki. Hopefully they fix the hair fiasco (including bringing it to Xbox and PC, which is something nobody has been talking about) so I don’t feel so bad for wanting to buy her!

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Dead or Alive is a slutty cheap version of Virtua Fighter.

giphy.gif

Hopefully they fix the hair fiasco (including bringing it to Xbox and PC, which is something nobody has been talking about it)...

You probably don't want them to bring the hair fiasco to Xbox and PC, lol. At this point I'm very doubtful they will actually have a proper fix to it and at least PC players with their mods will scoff at everything that will cost them real money (even if it is going to be cheaper going forward) to change hair color.

Tamaki’s design and fighting style are surprisingly interesting to me. I wasn’t expecting a full fledged Aikido fighter and I’m almost tempted to look into this character.

But, it’s going to take a while for this game to warm back up to me again after all the nonsense TN/KT has pulled.

zoo

Well at least she didn’t replace Genra or something dumb like that lol also glad that shit in the teaser wasn’t her default. No real complaints with the character, though I kinda wanted her default to be more urban she looks solid overall being honest.

It’ll take a lot more for me to start playing this mess again, a lot more I don’t think KT/TN are willing to do, so it does almost nothing for me. Also damn it’s pretty crazy how many girls are in this game now I didn’t even pay attention to that lol game looking like SNK heroines

Yurlungur

I really like aikido so this is really disappoint to me especially with how horrible the state of the game is. I hope she'll at least have a ground throw.

P2p1mbs

I really like aikido so this is really disappoint to me especially with how horrible the state of the game is.

They did say they will announce their plans on how to address the hair change "in the coming days" so any fix they do will likely be applied on Tamaki's release.

RayBellion

I hope DOA6 will have some more promising developments coming that will cheer up the community like Tamaki. After the incredibly greedy "pay to change hair color" thing I was afraid the next news would be even nastier like break blows costing real money after the first two per day. Phew. Actually, I started avoiding this forum because I got sick about the absolute dominance of whining and complaining, which is not much fun to read after a while, even when it is justified (and I say that as one usually leaning towards the fanboy's side) Now there's hope...

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Shimbori (translated by Dionysus): "At first, I didn't plan for any characters to join from XVV. However, as we had countless requests from both domestic and overseas players, we decided upon it"

This comment surprised me when I read it, but I forgot to say anything about it. Is this really true? I considered there'd be people in Japan who wanted it to happen, but I haven't seen many requests for it from English speakers.

werewolfgold

Shimbori (translated by Dionysus): "At first, I didn't plan for any characters to join from XVV. However, as we had countless requests from both domestic and overseas players, we decided upon it"

This comment surprised me when I read it, but I forgot to say anything about it. Is this really true? I considered there'd be people in Japan who wanted it to happen, but I haven't seen many requests for it from English speakers.
There is a dedicated 8-person cabal with ahegao avatars spamming them on Twitter, most likely. Leon stans need to kick it up a notch. lol

inochinagi

Standard Donor
a dedicated 8-person cabal with ahegao avatars

Damn, that's some virtual Mad Max Hokuto no Ken level shit right there. We need Ein to 46P launch Leon head-first at these guys with explosive results.

But from what little I've experienced of twitter so far, I see few VV requests compared to the Tifa/Ryo stuff, lol. I guess the only reason those aren't happening is because they need to be licensed from other publishers... otherwise they'd be seriously considered? Is it really simply the power of twitter after all? Was a coordinated tweeting effort the simple answer to all our problems all this time?

Anura

The world is a big place XD If you want to see how casual fans look at the game I can PM a link to a wholesome youtube video made by an australian dude that loves things like jRPGs, Hatsune Miku and Marie Rose. Most of them are quite harmless, like the people playing MK just for the unlocks. They are not responsible for devs flip-flopping on their vision.

werewolfgold

Damn, that's some virtual Mad Max Hokuto no Ken level shit right there. We need Ein to 46P launch Leon head-first at these guys with explosive results.

But from what little I've experienced of twitter so far, I see few VV requests compared to the Tifa/Ryo stuff, lol. I guess the only reason those aren't happening is because they need to be licensed from other publishers... otherwise they'd be seriously considered? Is it really simply the power of twitter after all? Was a coordinated tweeting effort the simple answer to all our problems all this time?
The truth of the matter is that who knows where they're getting their suggestions from? The VV people could've been getting requests. Some sort of backroom deal could've been made and they could be just claiming people were requesting it. Etc.

Dionysus

I'm sure the line about requests is just Shimbori being diplomatic. You wouldn't say you based a decision based on only part of your userbase after all.

HHH816

cause it's easy, you think square enix will give tifa or sega will give in kiryu just like that lol.

Dionysus

Does anyone else think they would deal with the hair this patch and just release Tamaki without mentioning it again? The silence is disconcerting

P2p1mbs

Does anyone else think they would deal with the hair this patch and just release Tamaki without mentioning it again? The silence is disconcerting

They did say they will announce their plans on how to address the hair change "in the coming days". If that's the case, they HAVE to explain what they did.

Adding a fix on the same update as Tamaki is the most likely time to implement it so it's possible that any further announcement made will focus on one or the other.

UpSideDownGRUNT

My guess is Tamaki is the "apology", she got a full reveal after they apologised on Twitter and there wasn't an official trailer of any kind.

I'm pretty sure the gameplay out is only officially available to Famitsu, isn't that weird for a character that releases tomorrow?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD