Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

U_C_A_F

Yeah people thinking they'll give hair color change away for free are fooling themselves, always expect the worse when it comes to this game and its awful dlc practices. at best they'll be one time purchases so each color requires a single purchase per character/hairstyle which is still pathetic but of course the mindless drones will praise TN/KT anyways forgiving them while fapping to their newly paid waifu :rolleyes:

onelasttime

If they continue to monetize this very basic, basic, usually free, option; I can only hope its a one time buy & then you can use the player points to lease out hair.

Loop

It’s too difficult to come up with a way to keep the monetisation while avoiding criticism; have some consideration for the hard work involved.

"Dear DoA fans,

It would be easy to just make hair color free to thank you for supporting the game or whatever, but we much prefer wasting our time and energy trying to look like the good guys while still taking your money for a basic feature. We want to make it clear that we're not releasing the "correction" in the patch following Tamaki just to soften you before you finally realise that we've barely fixed the issue. Nope. Not at all.

In any case, we hope that you will keep enjoying DoA 6 and still buy those damn colors!"

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Matt mentioned it, but it is true that most updates has to go through Sony's process before it even goes live. A good example is those Call of Duty games. Because they make so much bank, they can have their shit live within a day with a pay approval, whereas most other games go with the slow process/cheaper route which can take up to 3-5 weeks, sometimes less.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Matt mentioned it, but it is true that most updates has to go through Sony's process before it even goes live. A good example is those Call of Duty games. Because they make so much bank, they can have their shit live within a day with a pay approval, whereas most other games go with the slow process/cheaper route which can take up to 3-5 weeks, sometimes less.

It's been awhile since I've dealt with it, but EA and Activision have in-house certification at least at the time I worked in the industry. Basically they had been approved to certify their own products instead of sending them to Sony. But yes, depending on how many SKUs you've released depends on how long cert takes for your game submission. In early cases and first timers it's generally a month, and 1 week would be the prime where you've shipped quite a few. I forget the numbers required to move up in time, or even if it still exists, but they used to have it set up that way.

It's not like the PC or mobile where you can just push code to a branch and it's live.

P.S. Cert is also the reason the whole "demonstration video on the start screen" stopped being a thing with all games, including DOA.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I just recommend letting people know do not pay to change your hair color unless you enjoy being ripped off.

As we wait for the next update they will no doubt be checking to see how many people waste money without telling them otherwise.

zoo

So they're just gonna drop Tamaki without any real trailer? lol just seems odd she got that one Japanese showcase and nothing else, it's clear they only included her for the Japan side. I mean this is a NEW fighter for DOA and she has no strong marketing behind her. Idk maybe they'll drop one when she's officially out

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So they're just gonna drop Tamaki without any real trailer? lol just seems odd she got that one Japanese showcase and nothing else, it's clear they only included her for the Japan side. I mean this is a NEW fighter for DOA and she has no strong marketing behind her. Idk maybe they'll drop one when she's officially out
They will, they always do but her case is different since she was teased and I guess they didn't want her style to be shown yet. They did that with Honoka and Marie Rose where they did brief teases for them before giving them release trailers for the West at launch

UpSideDownGRUNT

I honestly think they rushed Tamaki out because of the hair colour mtx scandal. Especially if the award costumes aren't out. Cuz so far characters are always the last dlc to be released or released along side the last costume set. Not before...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD