Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
At the time, the Wii was the main Nintendo console, so I wouldn't want it there. The lack of HD in 2011 would've been embarrassing. Would've been nice if it could've been a launch title for the Wii-U in 2012 potentially or could've acted as a "pre-cursor" for DOA5 a year prior in 2011.

Yep. Though i'm sure for some that it would of been tolerable.

They could of waited, but hey. Business is business I guess. Game had a lot of potential but placed it on the wrong platform. Well, wrong might be harsh choice of words but it didn't exactly meet their mission statement when they said "all around the world" to try it. Wasn't exactly global when it was played on it.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The only thing I hated is how Ryu was used as a basic way to make it seem like the fights could be won, like he shouldn't have helped Kasumi or Hayate or Ayane since those were their battles to end. Even against alpha 152 I didn't like how he came off as he could beat alpha but just let Kasumi do it, and in 6 with how he beat all those Phase 4s that surrounded Kasumi, she could have done that herself. But again since he has no real plot relevance other than to say that Ryu is in DOA, they always have to include him in and it gets old
This is why I dislike Hayabusa in DOA. He is a very strong ninja, but I just don’t like how he’s portrayed as this character that never gets defeated and everybody needs help from, it makes the other ninja’s look incompetent and weak. In terms of lore I think Kasumi, Ayane, Raidou and Hayate are stronger than they are shown in game. Raidou nearly killed Kasumi and Hayate, yet the second confrontation was a complete joke in 6.

I wish they gave Ryu a story line of his own in DOA. So he doesn’t constantly get pushed into other characters’ storyline to make him relevant. We already know Hayabusa is strong, but making him never lose a fight, or struggle against someone in the cast is just straight up boring.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This is why I dislike Hayabusa in DOA. He is a very strong ninja, but I just don’t like how he’s portrayed as this character that never gets defeated and everybody needs help from, it makes the other ninja’s look incompetent and weak. In terms of lore I think Kasumi, Ayane, Raidou and Hayate are stronger than they are shown in game. Raidou nearly killed Kasumi and Hayate, yet the second confrontation was a complete joke in 6.

I wish they gave Ryu a story line of his own in DOA. So he doesn’t constantly get pushed into other characters’ storyline to make him relevant. We already know Hayabusa is strong, but making him never lose a fight, or struggle against someone in the cast is just straight up boring.
I agree but I think TN doesn't even know what they wanna do with him as its kind of like the Mishimas in Tekken, they never fight the schoolgirls or characters that aren't near their level. I remember in T6 in that rare trailer where Lili actually fought and nearly bested Jin in a fight and needed the devil form to turn the tides but they seemed to have done away with that since the mishima dick riders would hate for a Lili to beat Jin, even tho I personally thing Lili could beat a mishima if she wanted to. But once again that's just the devs wanting to not offend the playerbase xD

I really hope in 6U they add a NGish original character who can really best Ryu since he's always beating people's ass >.>

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I agree but I think TN doesn't even know what they wanna do with him as its kind of like the Mishimas in Tekken, they never fight the schoolgirls or characters that aren't near their level. I remember in T6 in that rare trailer where Lili actually fought and nearly bested Jin in a fight and needed the devil form to turn the tides but they seemed to have done away with that since the mishima dick riders would hate for a Lili to beat Jin, even tho I personally thing Lili could beat a mishima if she wanted to. But once again that's just the devs wanting to not offend the playerbase xD

I really hope in 6U they add a NGish original character who can really best Ryu since he's always beating people's ass >.>
I doubt it. All the hayabusa fanboys would cry if Ryu would get bested in a fight. I really don’t like characters that are invincible.

werewolfgold

I remember in T6 in that rare trailer where Lili actually fought and nearly bested Jin in a fight and needed the devil form to turn the tides but they seemed to have done away with that since the mishima dick riders would hate for a Lili to beat Jin, even tho I personally thing Lili could beat a mishima if she wanted to.
Based on what? The trailer you're talking about had Jin taking on Lili and Hwoarang at the same time. Alone, there's no way a prissy ojou that's more concerned with being in lesbians with Asuka than anything else is taking out one of the series' main pro/antagonists, a family of demonic megalomaniacs. The story is just not set up that way. Tekken's power creep got way too out of hand.

Hayabusa being singularly OP is a similar narrative problem, though. The best we can probably hope for is a boss requiring another ninja team up.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Based on Team NINJA's activity with their DOA account one might assume that DOA6 is definitely what they are going to continue to push in the future. Hopefully it will be better, but I'm pretty sure this is the road they are taking with DOA.

Account is definitely not dead and taking the "all is good" approach.

They are still trying to sell some of the older season passes as well. There is still a heavy push from some for DOA5... especially by XcaliburBladeZ. He's throwing a lot of shade right now and I can't say that I don't enjoy it to some degree.

If your top paid player for the current product hates the current product something needs to be fixed.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Based on what? The trailer you're talking about had Jin taking on Lili and Hwoarang at the same time. Alone, there's no way a prissy ojou that's more concerned with being in lesbians with Asuka than anything else is taking out one of the series' main pro/antagonists, a family of demonic megalomaniacs. The story is just not set up that way. Tekken's power creep got way too out of hand.

Hayabusa being singularly OP is a similar narrative problem, though. The best we can probably hope for is a boss requiring another ninja team up.
That's not canon tho, that's fan fiction that Lilis lesbian. And she could beat a mishima 8s she wanted to, Lili>>>>>everyone claudo0
Based on Team NINJA's activity with their DOA account one might assume that DOA6 is definitely what they are going to continue to push in the future. Hopefully it will be better, but I'm pretty sure this is the road they are taking with DOA.

Account is definitely not dead and taking the "all is good" approach.

They are still trying to sell some of the older season passes as well. There is still a heavy push from some for DOA5... especially by XcaliburBladeZ. He's throwing a lot of shade right now and I can't say that I don't enjoy it to some degree.

If your top paid player for the current product hates the current product something needs to be fixed.
I'm so over LR. If they made an uprxay maybe, but Naotora tho<3

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Zakkurye did a FT10 event earlier today for Last Round and there were quite a few happy spectators. I think now is a good time for people to play the game they want.

Even fans of 6 must be able to admit that Last Round has more replay value.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Zakkurye did a FT10 event earlier today for Last Round and there were quite a few happy spectators. I think now is a good time for people to play the game they want.

Even fans of 6 must be able to admit that Last Round has more replay value.
I'm ft7nkwb drunk, I'm soryr6 >.>

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I’m also a Raidou main. You shouldn’t complain about Diego not having any options when he’s really mash friendly.
You play two ninjas and are complaining about a lack of options? You have more options from your fucking teleport than Diego's entire moveset. You have 200+ strings. THAT'S MASH FRIENDLY. Getting something no matter what you mash is mash friendly. Having only a handful of moves is the opposite of mash friendly in a game with zero frame reversals.

Especially when you’re on wifi like yourself, lol.
What does this say? Timestamp
l7L07Rv.jpg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
You play two ninjas and are complaining about a lack of options? You have more options from your fucking teleport than Diego's entire moveset. You have 200+ strings. THAT'S MASH FRIENDLY. Getting something no matter what you mash is mash friendly. Having only a handful of moves is the opposite of mash friendly in a game with zero frame reversals.

What does this say? Timestamp
l7L07Rv.jpg
I play 4 ninja’s actually. Kasumi, Mai, Raidou and Momiji. Also that doesn’t say you are wired. On DOA5 that displayed the connection in the wait line. It never displayed wether somebody is wired or not. You really tried it. Also don’t boil this down on the ninja’s, you act like you don’t have the choice to pick up another character. It’s sad, honestly.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I play 4 ninja’s actually.
Then you don't get to bitch about a lack of options.

Also that doesn’t say you are wired. On DOA5 that displayed the connection in the wait line. It never displayed wether somebody is wired or not. You really tried it.
You're wrong. It says wired. And if you try and say it doesn't say it during the match, you'd be wrong again cause the brackets around the number change depending on if it's wired or wireless. Again and again and again you are wrong. Sorry.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Curious, does anyone remember DOA5+ for the Vita?

Dead_or_Alive_5_Plus_cover.png

I remember this version, it was the version that had cheerleader outfits as pre order bonus, included gravure cutscenes, different breast motions (including OMG), and had a minigame where you can fight the characters which you fight with your fingers (which that minigame wasn't worth playing). It was worth a purchase.

Ninoasker

Curious, does anyone remember DOA5+ for the Vita?

Dead_or_Alive_5_Plus_cover.png

Will admit, but I completely forgot about the Vita version DOA5+. I was one of the firm believers that this was just a waste when it came to DOA titles being developed. I'm sure people probably enjoyed it, but you have to admit that the game was just not suited for a portable considering how fast paced DOA is in general (I mean it's a fighting game). On top that Vita handheld physical controls just wasn't on par to that of an arcade stick or even general pads. That first-person view battle mode was just there, forgotten over time.
I do because it was my first contact with DOA5 since I didn't own a PS3 until the time Ultimate came out so 5+ was my only choice lol. I actually think the game played fine imo, clearly not something you'd play competitively on but it played nice enough to be enjoyed. The first person fight mode was there clearly bc they had to bring something new after they removed tag for this version (even tho the game still had the tag fights from the story mode in it so I still don't understand the point on removing the mode but hey TN lol), I played it like 3 times and then completely forgot about that mode. Overall I really enjoyed 5+ and I think it was a better attempt at making a portable DOA than Dimensions.

Also for being a port from console to handheld, it still looked better than 6 :nyotengu:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
View attachment 30921

Ummm... doa5... almost 500 players.. ok... but no one in ranked match?

That's because of the high likely chance that it's the general modders (DOA5 is still being modded till this day) or players in training mode etc. and most definitely DOA6 applies to it as well. It's multiple reasons that doesn't involve ranked.

It's why it's been repeated countless times from other sources to never use Steam charts for back up claims when it came to evidence on player spikes or a game value. It was the same situation with the AC games and using it as base evaluation for sales. I mean for all we know, it could be 400+ players in training mode / vs the bots with mods on.

Last edited:

Dr PaC

What's up everyone. Its been a good minute since I was able to get online due to where the military has me at currently so internet is a problem but Im able to hop on today. Ive been hearing alot of rumors about a DOA6U but is that true?? Are they not updating DOA6 anymore? Nothing from TN on social media?? Could someone be as kind as to update yo boy on the state of the game, I been gone since December -_-

UpSideDownGRUNT

What's up everyone. Its been a good minute since I was able to get online due to where the military has me at currently so internet is a problem but Im able to hop on today. Ive been hearing alot of rumors about a DOA6U but is that true?? Are they not updating DOA6 anymore? Nothing from TN on social media?? Could someone be as kind as to update yo boy on the state of the game, I been gone since December -_-
Due to whatever reason wether it's COVID-19 or just no faith in the game, DOA6's development has been "indefinitely suspended" so yes, DOA6 is getting no DLC or updates for the near future.

As for DOA6U, that's just speculation and people thinking that ending 6 vanilla means they're coming out with a new one (despite there being zero evidence to say so)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD