Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
FG communities like MK been wishing developers death threats and all. The DOA fanbase is quite tame. Especially since the worst I’ve seen so far is people wishing Shimbori to retire. People being happy with the news is completely up to them. Some people are happy and some people are not, let’s not take the moral high ground as if some people are above it all. We all are entitled to our own reactions to this news.

Personally I have mixed feelings about his retirement. A part of me is happy because I want someone with more of a spine to present DOA and help the game thrive (Wishful thinking I know), but a part of me is also sad because even though 6 was a fuckup on so many levels. Shimbori did care about the game and attempted to listen to the entire fanbase while also attracting new players. So for that I am thankful and saddened by his retirement. At this point I just hope for the best.

why would I respect a man destroyed my fav game?

why would I respect a man humiliated my fav game in front of evo main stage?

I know its nice to be nice, but this time ,how?
how can I?

HE NEVER SAYS SORRY TO US

actually he aint feel sorry at all
He did apologise multiple times though, he also didn’t everything on his own. I get that you’re holding him accountable since he was the one in charge technically but he wasn’t the only one in this process fucking up. Many people at TN and KT are responsible for this. So your reaction and reasons are pretty ignorant.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

He didn't destroy your game. KT lack of support did. If he did destroy your game, there wouldn't be one to begin with lol.

Guess who was there with Shimbori during the EVO shenanigans. KT staff. Whom by the way, hired those girls to what exactly happened at EVO. It's a double edge sword, because if they didn't do that, Core Values and Joey Wiz memes wouldn't exist. You were "still" losing regardless because it's EVO DOA vs every other fighting game in the market there.

People being happy with the news is completely up to them. Some people are happy and some people are not, let’s not take the moral high ground as if some people are above it all. We all are entitled to our own reactions to this news.

Uh, yeah no thanks. I backed my shit up so I'll say what I want. People can be happy with the news but that does not place them in better standing of determining what's right or wrong if the facts provided that Shimbori helped the series in the long run. Go sit down somewhere.

how can I?

Because he still brought DOA6 to light/new game. At least have the courtesy and time to appreciate him for that because at the time he was the "only" one who wanted to push for DOA. Nobody else would do it. I don't even play DOA6 but I still give him props for committing to a game where he probably had a feeling it wouldn't live up to it's potential, so who's to blame here really when the support given to him was barebones.

And how do you know that? lol if he truly "ain't feel sorry", he would of never made the game to begin with it lol. See this is what I don't understand, KT used him as a scapegoat and yet you still took the bait for it of putting all your issues towards the man when he wasn't even the main problem to DOA problems.

It's unfortunate because despite Shimbori stepping down he can still be used as an excuse for low tier drama that isn't really there to what people are complaining about.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

how can I?

HE NEVER SAYS SORRY TO US

You need to calm down, I can feel your aggression through the text xD And he didn't destroy the game, he made some bad decisions but it's the higher ups at KT that are to blame with the whole dlc and hair color change thing. And that Evo thing really didn't humiliate much, people already considered DOA a fanservice fighter and think Venus Vacation and X3 are the main game highlights, there's only so much that that Evo moment could do when there's been far more embarrassing moments.

Hopefully someone will be able to take his place since if not, there's likely not gonna be another DOA for a while, unless you count the Venus Vacation game as one

SaihateDYNAMO

I hate how my favorite FG series is going out sad like this because it easily could have been avoided. It's frustrating how KT makes it so obvious that they don't care about this series outside of milking the Xtreme games for everything that they're worth. Personally, I don't think they'll ever find a new director that actually cares about DOA as a fighter and wants to move the series forward because making a fighting game takes too much effort and rakes in too little cash - it is what it is, and we as the fans can't do or change anything about it.

So was he pressured into retiring or was it something he chose to do on his own? Things that make you go hmm...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You need to calm down, I can feel your aggression through the text xD And he didn't destroy the game, he made some bad decisions but it's the higher ups at KT that are to blame with the whole dlc and hair color change thing. And that Evo thing really didn't humiliate much, people already considered DOA a fanservice fighter and think Venus Vacation and X3 are the main game highlights, there's only so much that that Evo moment could do when there's been far more embarrassing moments.

Hopefully someone will be able to take his place.

Pretty much this.

People don't realize Shimbori had a boss(s) above him. Like are people going to expect Shimbori to just rebel? against their main publisher? not even Itagaki had that much leeaway lol. A lot people don't know what goes on behind the scenes for developing these games, but who am I kidding right? just blame Shimbori for every thing regarding DOA's support lol.

Shimbori was probably in a phase of "enough is enough", got tired of being a meat shield for comments and reasonably departed because he now might be able to do his own thing. Shimbori probably had no backbone for DOA directions sure, but he is not an idiot and still supported DOA. Maybe he just didn't know how to go about it during that phase or simply got tired of it all with executives breathing down his neck.

So for him leaving, he needed this as a human being, not as a developer. Realistically for him and in health, this is probably the best decision for him as he can freelance or work with other companies being an employer. Hoping nothing but amazing things for Shimbori in his future endeavors on games.

Last edited:

Jotamide

I hate how my favorite FG series is going out sad like this because it easily could have been avoided. It's frustrating how KT makes it so obvious that they don't care about this series outside of milking the Xtreme games for everything that they're worth. Personally, I don't think they'll ever find a new director that actually cares about DOA as a fighter and wants to move the series forward because making a fighting game takes too much effort and rakes in too little cash - it is what it is, and we as the fans can't do or change anything about it.

So was he pressured into retiring or was it something he chose to do on his own? Things that make you go hmm...
It's likely he was let go, but in Asian cultures saving face is everything so it cannot be explicitly stated. Thank for everything Shimbori and I'm sorry that things had to end this way for DOA.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
What I'd like to see real talk, is that Shimbori succeeds on any game he created/worked for outside of KT, goes back to look at all the negative comments he had over the years working at KT for DOA, and sitting at his new work place drinking tea knowing that he wasn't the main big problem for DOA. It was the publishing company he worked for and lack of support on shafting DOA.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

For heads up, Shimbori was the only guy who kept pushing for DOA because no one wanted to step up to do it within the team. He's been around since DOA2U.

Shimbori’s credits on the Dead or Alive series are as follows:

Dead or Alive Ultimate (2004) – Planner
Dead or Alive 4 (2005) – Game Designer
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (2006) – Game Designer
Dead or Alive Paradise (2010) – Director
Dead or Alive Dimensions (2011) – Director
Dead or Alive 5 (2012) – Director
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (2013) – Director
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (2015) – Director
Dead or Alive 6 (2019) – Producer and Director

Now you have to ask yourself, is it actual good news? because it never was good news. It's because the company who backed him are asshats lol so he took the fall and decided enough was enough and left, I can't blame him.

Who's going to step up? certainly not Yosuke because that man wants to avoid DOA lol. And even if someone did step up, doesn't mean anything if your back up (KT) doesn't give a shit about it lol.

What makes part of Shimbori's departure from KT sad is seeing the games he was credited from the ones when Itagaki was still the leader of DOA franchise (after DOAX2), even had games he directed which put the DOA franchise on the map from DOA Paradise & Dead or Alive Dimensions, along him Directing DOA5 that lasted longer compare to other 3D Fighters along lasting DLC Support for 5 Years, along with DOAX3 (which was the last good DOA game that Shimbori was Director) which created an ideal way on how games get released (which is only in Japan/Asia with English/Chinese/Korean Subtitles) which eventually spun off with DOAXVV & DOAX3 Scarlet (which these 2 didn't involve Shimbori as Director, with DOAXVV as Special Thanks), just to end in the worst way eSports/EVO style with DOA6 with him as both Producer & Director.

I think Shimbori's departure from KT/TN isn't going to make everything better (considering how KT handles their games in Western regions).

Here some credits involving Shimbori that gematsu missed

Director: https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_Xtreme_3/Production_credits
Special Thanks: https://game.doaxvv.com/ko/staff.html

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Well well well, looks like KT baited you into believing that he was the root. If I have to give KT any credit, is that they sure as hell know how to fool people when it comes to that topic on who the problem was, but go on.

-------

Anyways, the only two people we have left is Nakamura and Fumihiko Yasuda. One who only got the role as temporary in the first place because Shimbori stepped down, and the other is Nioh where it's unsure if he has any interest on helping DOA going from his success with Nioh. Maybe ask Yasuda I guess.

magicmikedrop

This is the idiot who decided to ban the DOAX series on the western market, then made a bunch of stupid dull unrelated girls to the series the new center of attention, completley forgoing the original cast of DOA.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Seriously, for DOA to shine in this time and age, you need a better backer for budget and support.

For all that is holy, someone out there buy Team NINJA. Microsoft, Sony, Square. Whatever. The closest thing on that to ever happening (that didn't unfortunately happen) was Square Enix on Tecmo: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/square-enix-offers-to-buy-tecmo

All DOA really needs to shine is to follow the costume selection on what both DOA5 & DOAXVV had from defaults to additions for the sake of Season Passes or Paid V-Stones (from reused to new). For better backers for budget/support all they need is a fans such as Myself throwing $92 worth of those 2 payment systems to get costumes I want to get, and maybe something like this:

How about Inti Creates to buy Team Ninja? Since I'd prefer the team that did Gal*Gun over say Microsoft, Sony, & Square Enix. I'm more glad Square Enix didn't get Tecmo, and wounded up with Koei since there are plenty of things from KT games that Square Enix would've not happen from their hands.

Perhaps DOA is heading to a different company

I don't think DOA is likely to head to a different company, especially with DOAXVV is profitable. This would be a bad move for KT is DOA is heading to a different company.

This is the idiot who decided to ban the DOAX series on the western market, then made a bunch of stupid dull unrelated girls to the series the new center of attention, completley forgoing the original cast of DOA.

It was Koei Tecmo America (possibly Europe) that didn't want DOAX series when DOAX3 was in developement, leading those games to be Japan/Asia exclusive. For the new girls, are even talking about Shimbori at that point? Considering that issue has more to do with Sakuta on how the cut girls would relate to Owner, when it was more easier to just make new girls from scratch.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD