Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

magicmikedrop

This guy must of hate Christie, Tina, and Lisa, Rachel. If he continued at the helm of development, these girls wouldn't exist in the next DOA illertation.

Kasumi-Phase-X

This guy must of hate Christie, Tina, and Lisa, Rachel. If he continued at the helm of development, these girls wouldn't exist in the next DOA illertation.

Its more like there is some form of reasons why is he not including the missing cast like they did with Lei Fang. Here is a translated comment right here for you to read.

4Gamer:
Not all female characters from the original "DOA" series have appeared in "DOAXVV", haven't they? Are there any plans to add it in the future?

Mr. Sakuta:
For example, "Leifang" in July 2018 was added because there were many requests at the timing of announcing "DOA6". As such, the characters in the "DOA" series think that special timing is required if they are added. There are no plans at this time.

4Gamer:
Is that so? It seems that there are many requests, so it is surprising.

Mr. Sakuta:
Yes, we have received many requests, but it is overwhelmingly more difficult to make than the new original girl. The reason is that the "DOAXVV" girl must eventually like the player who owns it, or bring it to a place where she can feel completely in touch.
On the other hand, each character in the "DOA" series has its own settings and background that have been told through the numbering titles. In that case, it becomes necessary to make a point of "why do you fall in love with a player who suddenly comes in?"

GarryJaune

you guys were right,I was too emotional last night and I'm sorry for that.

be honest,it's never be a positive thing to see a legacy producer who made my fav games DOA2u&5 ending up like this.

this morning shimbori said sorry to me in personal and I accepted that,after all he did great effort to this IP for decades and we players should thank him.

Jotamide

Screenshot_20210331-203243_Twitter.jpg

Regardless of your opinion on him, this is shameful.

DyByHands

“You ruined this thing ive known about for like... 2 years... Trash.”
lmao.

i hope where ever he ends up, its away from any kind of “fans.” Like, damn, lol.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
People can talk shit about him all they want. He was the reason why DOAD, DOA5, and DOA6 even existed. He still gave you a game to play. I sincerely hope that if any of the big companies that pick him up and he succeeds with a fighting game or some kind, I want him to come back to look and laugh at all the negative comments he's accumulated from KT's shenanigans and these so called "fans". He took a bullet for KT and that's what he gets? fighting for DOA seems like a stress test at this point from what i've been reading and seeing.

A reminder that DOAD was super close to being the last game in the series and Shimbori stepped up. No one else did just saying. We wouldn't even be having discussions for these games from the get-go.

Edit: also Shoutouts to Okubo and Harada from Namco for giving him a farewell and even asked him to get a bite to eat with him.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Although I’ve clowned him in the past I’ve always respected Shimbori for being responsible for DOA’s return.

Now that he’s gone we are truly left to wonder what’s gonna happen to the fighting game aspect DOA in the future, and we can only hope that time doesn’t last 8-10 years.

Shimbori leaving will not fix DOA6, it will not fix the franchise. I see some of you claiming this was all his fault and not holding the 3 companies he was affiliated with accountable. All you’re doing is allowing KT to take the piss out of your favourite game.
(Not to mention half of yall came in around DOA5 time so what leg are you even standing on)

See you later Shimbori, hope you get some freedom after the shitstorm you faced for the past 3 years.

Potentially R.I.P. DOA too.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

shim.png

Shimbori says thank you and that tears came out from him from the positive messages.

Thank you for everything Shimbori-san, if it weren't for you, DOA would be in dormant state for a very very very long time. I am curious to what he'll be making that'll be interesting, keep up the good work Shimbori!

Last edited:

human013

DOA5's success feels like such a fluke. Dropping the anime sexdoll look from the old games and the community's words were the only reason I even tried this game out, with the former being the biggest reason. Then it was just downhill from there. But, it was interesting to see how everything the "DOA haters" said about DOA turned out to be true in 5, and then see DOA people deny them only to repeat the things the "haters" said not much later. Insert surprised pikachu face for everyone outside the DOA community when DOA does more DOA things.

TN could try to improve DOA's reputation to gain the trust of people but that is unlikely given DOA6. The only way DOA as a fighting game can recover is to wait until people forget that it even exists and capture people who know nothing about it for the next game. That's how DOA got me at least. Because after that, it was just the boiling frog scenario.
  • It's just a bit of cosmetic DLC, and free too. Every game has them so it's not a problem.
  • More cosmetics? But it's cheap and making them isn't easy so it's fine.
  • Season pass? Well, it's because it contains a lot of stuff and if you look at it close enough then it's a good deal because each outfit is like $1. And you don't have to buy it so It's fine. It's just cosmetics.
  • DOA6
Recovering from this and convincing people to give DOA a shot just got a lot harder. Informing people about how DOA's gameplay is more than just mashing and guessing is at least possible because a discussion is possible and gameplay can be fixed. But, in the terms of DLC there is nothing to discuss and there are no excuses or reasonable explanations for them.

DOA players, of all people, even criticized GBVS for its DLC. If DOA people act like GBVS' DLC is the end of the world and a scam, then imagine how other people react when they look at DOA, the original DLC machine that was defended and supported.

Things against DOA right now
  • TnA game
  • Volleyball game
  • "No depth" which is further exacerbated by all the other points.
  • DLC
  • censorship
  • Gacha
Remember when GBVS was to be avoided because it was first a gacha game and that meant it's DLC was somehow different from other fighting games' DLC? Well, add that to the list for DOA.

werewolfgold

People have already said much of what there is to be said, but DOA's problems are deep and extend far beyond Shimbori. Just to repost this in this thread...

The right hand did not know what the left was doing.

Shimbori was not doing what marketing wanted, marketing was not doing what the team wanted, the team was not doing what nakamura wanted and nakamura was not doing what shimbori wanted.

marussya

And while it happens Hayashi and Yasuda dream about their own games. Hope KT won't allow it, at least for Hayashi who literally ruined Ninja Gaiden

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD