Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Macca Beam

why is random dice-kun ostracized so?

if you consider marie and helena a pair on that grid (logically) then jann lee's "next to" honks instead

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
By the way, how come TN is still promoting the 12 million download from DOA5LR into their DOA6 trailers? I mean, I just think there are better achievements than just the amount of downloads in general though lol, for all we know people could download DOA6 or DOA5 and just delete it 5 minutes later. Still a download obviously, but it's not really a genuine one.

It's just that, it would be weird seeing a promotional ad in the future for DOA6 like "DOA6! OVER 10 MILLION DOWNLOADS" but I only see like 200 players minimum playing the game. Not trying to be messed up here, but it just looks weird is all and hard to take serious lol.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
By the way, how come TN is still promoting the 12 million download from DOA5LR into their DOA6 trailers? I mean, I just think there are better achievements than just the amount of downloads in general though lol, for all we know people could download DOA6 or DOA5 and just delete it 5 minutes later. Still a download obviously, but not a genuine one.

It's just that, it would be weird seeing a promotional ad in the future for DOA6 like "DOA6! OVER 10 MILLION DOWNLOADS" but I only see like 200 players minimum playing the game. Not trying to be messed up here, but it just looks weird is all and hard to take serious lol.

Developers boast downloads and sales not for the person that is already engaged with the product, but for the person who has read falsified information and isn't familiar with the series. I think a better a question is how can people question and doubt DOA that haven't even played it with all the hard work Team NINJA puts into it. So it's designed to educate people, and as proven by Fortnite, there are some people that need something proven to them; that the game is financially decent or popular.

The 12 million count also proves that DOA is more relevant than it ever has been before. Eclipsing anything 2 or 3 million extra in physical sales would have done. There are now countless ways to dump your money into DOA.

You can't question them for that without questioning Internet and digital economy as a whole... which I question every day. In official trailers you boast about sales, downloads, players. The reason you see it at 200 or below is because DOA5 is a 6+ year old game. I find it incredible that it gets as much interest as it still gets.

I have purchased many games at full price with the intention of playing it but never getting around to it. Does it now suddenly mean that my purchase wasn't genuine? Sure. Does it matter or change the statistic? No it still counts as my drop in the bucket.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I think a better a question is how can people question and doubt DOA that haven't even played it with all the hard work Team NINJA puts into it. So it's designed to educate people, and as proven by Fortnite, there are some people that need something proven to them; that the game is financially decent or popular.

Because it comes down to how well they go with it and have people -actually stay-. Despite how shit Fortnite is and how overrated it is (Battle Royale games in general), it's statistics are higher valued and proven since they have a base number of hundreds of thousands of people actually playing it. Doesn't matter how much TN puts work into it, you could buy a game for reasons and then leave it for reasons. Let's not just justify portions and be a DOA hero here, that stuff gets old quick. There is literally nothing educational of downloads aside from bragging rights with undocumented numbers of suppose-to-be genuine downloads except for what? promotional tactics to trick people into downloading it because of the amount of downloads it had? Shit, people could download DOA6 or DOA5 by mistake. DOA has better achievements than this and downloads is not one of them.

The 12 million count also proves that DOA is more relevant than it ever has been before.

So if somebody downloads it once and then deletes it 3 minutes later, does it now create a sort of "Ha, you downloaded it, now I am special"?

I mean once it's deleted, it's no longer relevant in that individual's console/PC. Not bashing DOA here but this is actually pretty funny.

Eclipsing anything 2 or 3 million extra in physical sales would have done. There are now countless ways to dump your money into DOA.

It's Core Fighters on the massive output though. Which is *Free* mind you. Let's not be oblivious to DOA marketing here. Once the human brain sees something free and it's pretty good, they'll download it. But do they actually stay? depends, but most cases? they don't. Downloads just feels like a fabricated degree just to prove you have work done. Again, not dismantling TN realistically here because I love TN, but there are times where they make themselves look silly where you'd have to tell them and say "look, let's not use that trick. It's a children's trick to make you feel or look good". Majority of the downloads is Core Fighters by the way.

You can't question them for that without questioning Internet and digital economy as a whole... which I question every day.

Well that's interesting and ironic because that's exactly what I'm saying but in reverse. To "you". Funny how the world works.

I have purchased many games at full price with the intention of playing it but never getting around to it. Does it now suddenly mean that my purchase wasn't genuine? Sure. Does it matter or change the statistic? No it still counts as my drop in the bucket.

Purchasing a game is not a subject nor used as a tool to further boost the claim regarding downloads because you actually provided support for TN regarding the game. You bought the game. People who downloaded core fighters did not and may or may not bought some content within it because it has unproven numbers as well as having a high potential to may have deleted it afterwards. Again, it's walking towards a mist in a forest. You got in and got out with nothing but a piece of paper with numbers that didn't really mean anything. Show it to a museum curator and he'd give you money for a very small cheap price despite how long you took in there in a mist forest.

So to answer your question that's apparently being used here, does your purchase make it genuine? yes. In fact, TN probably should of used this instead of core fighter downloads. Least if people deleted it, they got their money worth.

Downloading the game for free without a spec of those million players checking on this site, playing the game online, PC, FB, Twitter etc. without a hint of proven numbers that those 12 million downloads are actual players who actually stayed with the game? no.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I love how you say "free mind you" like I don't know or haven't written enough articles to know. Support is support. You are not just supporting the game with your money in physical sales, but yes your downloads too. People have stayed with the game over the years. In college the first thing I learned about in the field of Journalism was the importance of convergence; everything is important and it all adds up to something.

In official trailers you bring numbers to it. What's the most relevant number to talk about when you haven't worried about physical sales in several years? Download numbers. I saw your comment as a vacuous remark or a subtle attack that offered no solution in return and had no need or purpose in this thread.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I love how you say "free mind you" like I don't know or haven't written enough articles to know.

And yet you still believe using downloads for marketing schemes is somehow a oh so great achievement? Son, just stop. That's the bronze medal of a 92% common PSN trophy.

You are not just supporting the game with your money in physical sales.

Correct, but you are also "not" supporting by making claims that don't actually make it genuine. Amazing! 12 million downloads! (oh no, wonder how many people are actually playing the game though, huh. Weird.)

DOA has way better achievements than this, let's not go below that. I'm defending DOA here.

People have stayed with the game over the years.

Which people. The 12 million people? or the 300 minimum players including myself? again you provided absolutely nothing. I mean, it's not like 12 million people are playing the game now as we speak. Oh no.

n college the first thing I learned about in the field of Journalism was the importance of convergence; everything is important and it all adds up to something.

Lol

In official trailers you bring numbers to it. What's the most relevant number to talk about when you haven't worried about physical sales in several years? Download numbers. I saw your comment as a vacuous remark or a subtle attack that offered no solution in return and had no need or purpose in this thread.

And yet I told you, the numbers is just a ploy. DOA has much better achievements of this and we are using something that's been proven for trickery.

Anyways, this topic is over since clearly the 12 million downloads (errhgm *cough* with approximate numbers huge numbers of course with 1 million still having it installed) is what made DOA great (totally).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
And yet you still believe using downloads for marketing schemes is somehow a oh so great achievement? Son, just stop.

Correct, but you are also "not" supporting by making claims that don't actually make it genuine. Amazing! 12 million downloads! (oh no, wonder how many people are actually playing the game though, huh. Weird.)

DOA has way better achievements than this, let's not go below that. I'm defending DOA here.

Which people. The 12 million people? or the 300 minimum players including myself? again you provided absolutely nothing. I mean, it's not like 12 million people are playing the game now as we speak. Oh no.

Lol

And yet I told you, the numbers is just a ploy. DOA has much better achievements of this and we are using something that's been proven for trickery.

Anyways, this topic is over since clearly the 12 million downloads is what made DOA great (clearly).

I never said it made it great. I said it's a practical way of ADVERTISING a six year old product to a world that believes sales, views and downloads mean something.

Justin Bieber gets a billion views on YouTube for a music video. Do you think the marketing team of Bieber is going to say oh some teen girl accounts for 2 percent of the total views? Once again a bigger topic than Team NINJA itself.

I'm backing out of this because I'm confused how you come to your conclusions and see no reason to extend the debate.

Raansu

Its just marketing. FFXIV does the same thing with their 20 million account thing. Its not active players, its just the number of accounts created. That said, DoA5 is six years old and I still see new players all the time. Whether they stay or not is irrelevant. Someone could buy the $60 game and only play for a week.

Marketing is marketing. The whole point is to spin it in a positive way and 12 million downloads is a positive spin. Nothing wrong with it.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Its just marketing. FFXIV does the same thing with their 20 million account thing. Its not active players, its just the number of accounts created. That said, DoA5 is six years old and I still see new players all the time. Whether they stay or not is irrelevant. Someone could buy the $60 game and only play for a week.

Marketing is marketing. The whole point is to spin it in a positive way and 12 million downloads is a positive spin. Nothing wrong with it.

Pretty sure DOA has better achievements over the years over downloads for a better marketing approach, downloads is just a mess of looking for medals. It's become a meme these days including FB so you can't exactly blame the players for that on the download jokes because well, it's just a fancy escape to make it look good.

See with T7, that game isn't free. People could download the game digitally and make a post about how many downloads it had (which Tekken also did) but even if T7 was downloaded and deleted, it still made it's money worth because it made sense really. We know it's a marketing tactic from TN, other games obviously did this, but even some stopped it completely because it just wasn't really needed.

This thread might get shut down on this topic, so we'll close this debate here.

Last edited:

YEH

Keep roster speculation out of this thread. Stay on topic.
First: I feel for you, having it tough lately, and they keep doing the same mistake on every topic.
Second: you may need to do something about this one, posting leaks and whatnot, in a supposedly official only thread.

Last edited:

Tina2040_

Leaks will posted a lot, but they shouldn't be here.

Will the real Kasumi please kill the rest? :p

I hope Kasumi dies for once :tina:
Tina, the original DOA1 winner, deserves her spotlight :tina:

No one cares about the same plot we've had since DOA2 :tina:

Tina has been a model, film actor, popstar, rock star, tag team and solo wrestler all without a college degree.
When will Kasumi amount to anything?:tina:

Ninoasker

I hope Kasumi dies for once :tina:
Tina, the original DOA1 winner, deserves her spotlight :tina:

No one cares about the same plot we've had since DOA2 :tina:

Tina has been a model, film actor, popstar, rock star, tag team and solo wrestler all without a college degree.
When will Kasumi amount to anything?:tina:
And don’t forget she also wanted to be the next president.

We stan a multitalented queen with skills in fighting, music, acting, modeling and politics. Kasumi can’t relate!

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
And don’t forget she also wanted to be the next president.

We stan a multitalented queen with skills in fighting, music, acting, modeling and politics. Kasumi can’t relate!
Her best friend is literally an immortal Latina American. I'm just saying. Her resume checks out like a mf. The Ninjas are factually relics of a day long past that's continued existence is breeding problems for the world.

Tina or La Mariposa for the 6th tournament.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD