Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Tyaren

Standard Donor
By the way, I really hope everyone is playing DOA with the original Japanese voices. English Nyotengu sounds awful, she doesn't come anywhere close to Japanese Nyotengu's haughtiness and over-the-top expressiveness and that reference to the theatric, traditional Japanese rythm and melody of speech she uses.
As a reminder here's how she originally sounds:

zoo

By the way, I really hope everyone is playing DOA with the original Japanese voices. English Nyotengu sounds awful, she doesn't come anywhere close to Japanese Nyotengu's haughtiness and over-the-top expressiveness and that reference to the theatric, traditional Japanese rythm and melody of speech she uses.
As a reminder here's how she originally sounds:

I was avoiding the english voices since Leifang's returned, but then I heard Marie's annoying japanese voice and realized I can't win in this situation

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wonder if they'll be a part of the beta? It's wishful thinking but it would be cool if we could at least try them out since they're preorder DLC xD
Damn she's violated Hayabusa in the air multiple times! But yeah, I think everyone sounds better with their intended voices

I need to know when the servers are going live someone help.
I wanna know if Spotify or playing music will be compatible with DOA6, we all know how that worked out in DOA5LR, it was annoyingly blocked.
Do you see the countdown on the main forum page? That's how many hours left we have till it goes live so it should be morning to afternoon for most of us since I think it's like 13 or so hours xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah sorry I was literally bouncing between threads & Photoshop. Hmm I saw the countdown but I thought it was going to vary with each different region you're at, here's me thinking the folks in Asia were already playing. OOPS :oops:
Oh you don't need to apologize xD also something tells me that trailer was leaked cuz TN didn't post it from their Twitter and the user seemed to have removed the video, I had to advance search it on YT and I'll download it in HD quality so I can gif my favorite scenes.

I loved that new stage for Phase 4 in that trailer. That lab stage has to be one of the most darkest, sinister, claustrophobic science stages in gaming, I love it! XD I love that drop danger zone Bayman fell in, it almost seemed like something you would see in Injustice 2. That's probably gonna be my favorite go to training stage since I love darker, secluded environments with small space

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
TN posted and deleted this, my friend @Nuke-Nin shared this with me since I was too late to translate it

IMG_20190110_231403.jpg

Looks like it'll be pretty limited >.> no wonder They posted and deleted so quick xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Its just a netcode beta test. Which is fine. At least you got your main @KasumiLover, lol. And Phase looks beast btw. OMG, that new tele she has is gonna be a problem.
Yeah at least that's a start xD they posted it officially tho now:

And yeah phase 4 looks like she'll be alot stronger this time around, as dark queens should of course xD
Welp. Looks like I'll be waiting for the full game l0l
I'm not pleased with how limited it'll be but I'll try it out I suppose. I hope there will be a sort of way to train before the rank matches start like a stand by rank search like Tekken does. If not it's fine, I'll just wait for the full release and I'll just watch a stream tomorrow or something if I'm unable to play myself. It seems like they were rushed and couldn't do really do much with this beta as a whole from the looks of it

Jared

The net code in DOA games has always been pretty bad, especially in comparison to Namco Bandai's recent releases. Hopefully they've figured something out because without solid online play this game could die quickly for a lot of players considering the lack of local scenes in most areas. It's too bad the game is limited to just those characters, as there are tons of fans of the rest of the cast, but at least we can get a taste for what the game is.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It would be nice if TN made 60fps trailers instead of 30fps ones...it isn't doing the game justice showing it off half at the framerate l0l

None of the footage we got so far of the game is doing it justice. Koei Tecmo trailers and images are always heavily compressed, making everyone believe the game looks much worse than it actually does. I can't count anymore how often I tell people here and on other forums: The game doesn't look this blurry, the textures aren't that undetailed, the lighting doesn't look that dull, it's just the heavy image compression.
Since you seem to have contact to Master, how about you mention this to him? :)
High quality game footage, that other companies and developers are able to deliver, can do wonders marketing-wise. Especially for a game series like DOA that was always known for its top of the line visuals. Even 4K images, that we sporadically get, are no use at all if they are heavily compressed and partially blurred.
By the way, if someone is retouching those images, they are doing a terrible job. You can retouch images and still keep them crisp and clean and make them appear as if they were never touched. I honestly sometimes think someone goes wild on them with the smudge tool in Photoshop. :/

Dr PaC

The net code in DOA games has always been pretty bad, especially in comparison to Namco Bandai's recent releases. Hopefully they've figured something out because without solid online play this game could die quickly for a lot of players considering the lack of local scenes in most areas. It's too bad the game is limited to just those characters, as there are tons of fans of the rest of the cast, but at least we can get a taste for what the game is.
I have a feeling the beta will be alot like SCVI's beta was. Just online play with certain characters mostly to test the netcode and see what needs to improve with it. I really hope the netcode be good this time around too

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
None of the footage we got so far of the game is doing it justice. Koei Tecmo trailers and images are always heavily compressed, making everyone believe the game looks much worse than it actually does. I can't count anymore how often I tell people here and on other forums: The game doesn't look this blurry, the textures aren't that undetailed, the lighting doesn't look that dull, it's just the heavy image compression.
Since you seem to have contact to Master, how about you mention this to him? :)
High quality game footage, that other companies and developers are able to deliver, can do wonders marketing-wise. Especially for a game series like DOA that was always known for its top of the line visuals. Even 4K images, that we sporadically get, are no use at all if they are heavily compressed and partially blurred.
By the way, if someone is retouching those images, they are doing a terrible job. You can retouch images and still keep them crisp and clean and make them appear as if they were never touched. I honestly sometimes think someone goes wild on them with the smudge tool in Photoshop. :/
I tell him right away.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD