Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Dr PaC

I left for most of the day and come back to see Tekken stans defend their game. This is crazy, lol. They act like we dont play it either. Why cant they just admit that the whole Frame Data thing should be free. Nothing wrong with demanding better from Bamco like we do from TN

Last edited:

werewolfgold

Genetic fallacy
Ad hominem
Poor man's to quoque

Inanity
I've been around the internet long enough to know that pointing out logical fallacies isn't enough to win arguments. lol

Most people just blow past them. Let alone whether or not TN would hypothetically be enough in the know to understand and even try to use the knowledge to defend themselves.

If enough people pile on to clowning on DOA and Tekken still ends up looking like the better option to outsiders/onlookers, then the logical fallacies involved don't matter in the end. TN jumping into the fray would've been a mistake.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I've been around the internet long enough to know that pointing out logical fallacies isn't enough to win arguments.
The arguments defeat themselves because they're fucking stupid and illogical.

"The internet" might think arguments are won based on the size of the respective bandwagon instead of logical consistency. But that is inane, and if you think I'm not going to mock them for it, guess again.

acyclederp-sm.jpg

werewolfgold

"The internet" might think arguments are won based on the size of the respective bandwagon instead of logical consistency. But that is inane, and if you think I'm not going to mock them for it, guess again.
I mean, live for mocking the plebs all you want. It's very mockable and largely why I hate the internet. But I'd be happier if I thought there'd be some tangible results to come with all this. It's an unfortunate truth that lots of things are won by the size of the respective bandwagons. Hence why ain't nobody getting any DLC costumes for the dudes. lol

i cri evrytiem

Brute

Standard Donor
It's an unfortunate truth that lots of things are won by the size of the respective bandwagons.
Tekken's legacy fanbase is bigger. If you want results of dick measuring contests, Tekken will win, every time, no matter what. DOA could cure cancer and it wouldn't change that.

But they're still inane.

*beep boop* logical robots FTW *bop bleep boop*

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They did a fair use, no one is saying otherwise but if now people point their faults and other companies promote their games this same way they can't complain, they will have to deal with it.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
They did a fair use, no one is saying otherwise but if now people point their faults and other companies promote their games this same way they can't complain, they will have to deal with it.
I don’t see TN/KT complaining about it though, it’s us as the community complaining about others shitting on DOA.

Raansu

It's not inane by any means. If TN/KT did far more things wrong than they did right, it can only be used against them. As soon as the convo gets shifted from "Tekken is price-gouging its users for frame data" to "DOA price-gouges its users in even dumber ways and is worse off than Tekken in a number of other metrics", what do you think is going to happen?

I'm entertained by it all though, so they can have fun. It very well might get a few more eyes on the game, especially since there's a free version.

Ya, but you can play doa for free and all of the important information is free. DoA DLC is just costumes for the most part and realistically they are only $2 individually and you don't need them to play the game. Granted you dont "need" frame data either, but that's actual important information in the game they are charging for which imo is a little ridiculous.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

For me the big deal about DLC costumes is they are more focused in that than fixing the game.

Nowadays no other FG can get away from huge backlash for massive input delay for example. This game can get away from it and after 8 months they are still acting as if everything is fine.

werewolfgold

Ya, but you can play doa for free and all of the important information is free. DoA DLC is just costumes for the most part and realistically they are only $2 individually and you don't need them to play the game. Granted you dont "need" frame data either, but that's actual important information in the game they are charging for which imo is a little ridiculous.
You're not saying anything that I don't already know. The court of public opinion isn't always that forgiving though.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
For me the big deal about DLC costumes is they are more focused in that than fixing the game.

Nowadays no other FG can get away from huge backlash for massive input delay for example. This game can get away from it and after 8 months they are still acting as if everything is fine.
They are fixing the game though, but slowly. It’s easier and quicker for them to release and sell dlc costumes than fixing issues. Some problems aren’t their top priority so they’re not working on it at the moment. They’re getting a lot of complaints every single day so it is pretty hard for them to work on it so quickly. Especially with a small unprofessional team.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They are fixing the game though, but slowly. It’s easier and quicker for them to release and sell dlc costumes than fixing issues. Some problems aren’t their top priority so they’re not working on it at the moment. They’re getting a lot of complaints every single day so it is pretty hard for them to work on it so quickly. Especially with a small unprofessional team.

More like super slowly and we don't even know if they plan to fix things that are also basic in other games

Other games also have small teams, this isn't unique to DOA. They and Koei prioritizing other five projects isn't something I have to turn a blind eye.

Raansu

You're not saying anything that I don't already know. The court of public opinion isn't always that forgiving though.

Honestly, I've been around long enough to understand that the outrage machine known as twitter is far FAR away from being the majority. So I don't really worry about the "court of public opinion" when it comes to the internet, especially social media. The outrage trains tend to bark louder than what they actually are.

werewolfgold

Honestly, I've been around long enough to understand that the outrage machine known as twitter is far FAR away from being the majority. So I don't really worry about the "court of public opinion" when it comes to the internet, especially social media. The outrage trains tend to bark louder than what they actually are.
Well, this entire thread is about that enclosed bubble though. TN is only talking to and trying to hold sway with people within that bubble with their social media posts. And it would only get outside the bubble if it gets enough heat that news outlets start reporting on it, which isn't likely to happen.

Raansu

Well, this entire thread is about that enclosed bubble though. TN is only talking to and trying to hold sway with people within that bubble with their social media posts. And it would only get outside the bubble if it gets enough heat that news outlets start reporting on it, which isn't likely to happen.

That tweet from my perspective was just Manny being Manny and trying to be funny. Don't think it was really meant to be anything else but that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD