Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The more they hype this update up the more I expect to be disappointed lol. Can’t wait to see Misaki’s moveset...
Misaki isn’t going to be in the game, dataminers (Gatto Tom) found the initials SKD in the character files. No girl in the VV roster has those initials. So we are not getting any of the existing girls. This was said months ago.

Dionysus

The initials aren't necessarily for the girl's name. They also fit the XVV director's name. in that case it would just be a mainline new character who also goes to XVV, not an XVV character. That's just my thinking.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The initials aren't necessarily for the girl's name. They also fit the XVV director's name. in that case it would just be a mainline new character who also goes to XVV, not an XVV character. That's just my thinking.
I doubt Gatto is wrong, since Kula’s file initials were KUL and Momiji and Rachel’s were MOM and RAC. I doubt they’ll use a pseudo initial for the upcoming character when they didn’t do that with the other 3 characters. It was specifically found in the character files.

None of the vv characters have those initials and none of them are fighters except the ones that are in 6. The release window for DOAVV characters is 3-6 months. And around March, several months have passed and a new character will be added. The only way Shimbori keeps his word is by adding a character that debuts in both games at the same time.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They could have changed the key names since they noticed people datamined Kula, Momiji and Rachel.

This is something that Project Soul did for SC VI season 2. The SP 2 characters have different keynames unrelated to their character names.

Anyways, the Japanese DOA twitter account said next patch will bring two kind of costumes and two kind of glasses. They didn't say anything about rebalance.

It could be they want to surprise people or ... it's just only about costumes as usual.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
So from what I’ve seen, Zack is getting 2020 SP exclusive glasses. So does this mean in the first time in history we might see a male character get a SP exclusive costume? A dream. Lit rally a dream.

They could have changed the key names since they noticed people datamined Kula, Momiji and Rachel.

This is something that Project Soul did for SC VI season 2. The SP 2 characters have different keynames unrelated to their character names.

Anyways, the Japanese DOA twitter account said next patch will bring two kind of costumes and two kind of glasses. They didn't say anything about rebalance.

It could be they want to surprise people or ... it's just only about costumes as usual.
this could be the case but I highly doubt it. Considering it’s TN we’re talking about and not bamco.

Last edited:

rjqnraos19

Right. It's not "MANY CONTENTS".

P2p1mbs

You might be overthinking things there, they likey don't care that people would be able to figure things out.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Tbf when they do patch notes and such they never really go into depth about balance changes, it's more about the content and such since that's what their main audience is focused on, they share all the patch notes and stuff on their main site. And I don't think they'd go through the trouble to really hide names since assets and stuff they cant hide, I remember someone had found Rachel's stomping animation data before she was even added in xD

SaihateDYNAMO

I'm more on the side that TN has caught on to the datamining and used the XVV director's initials in the files as a red herring. That's too much of a coincidence for it not to be the case. When the girl comes out, all references to those initials can easily be changed to her actual name afterwards. I'm hoping she's going to be a brand-new character that simultaneously comes out in both 6 and Xtreme so they have to keep things under wraps as much as possible lol

TN's well aware that Kula essentially got leaked (that's on them for leaving her ice FX in the game before her release, but still) and they're probably trying not to have that happen again.

Last edited:

Dionysus

What? Take a look at the text:

アップデート「v1.18」の配信が1/21(火)に決定しました。 ・【シーズンパス4特典】コスチューム(2種)とメガネ(2種)の追加 ・【DLC】新規コスチュームの追加 ・【DLC】「復刻シリーズ」コスチュームの追加 ・バランス調整、不具合修正 など

It clearly says there will be balance adjustments (バランス調整) and bug fixes.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

So from what I’ve seen, Zack is getting 2020 SP exclusive glasses. So does this mean in the first time in history we might see a male character get a SP exclusive costume? A dream. Lit rally a dream.

Maybe these glasses are like Nico's scouter from SP1 and you can use them for everyone.

What? Take a look at the text:

アップデート「v1.18」の配信が1/21(火)に決定しました。 ・【シーズンパス4特典】コスチューム(2種)とメガネ(2種)の追加 ・【DLC】新規コスチュームの追加 ・【DLC】「復刻シリーズ」コスチュームの追加 ・バランス調整、不具合修正 など

It clearly says there will be balance adjustments (バランス調整) and bug fixes.

True. I didn't see that last line. Now I'm a bit more optimistic.

RagnorRob

2020 glasses are something you'd wear to a New Years Eve party and not really any other time. They seem like a one time thing where the one time is already come and gone. Would have been a cool gesture as like a free promotional gift right before New Years Eve, much like other games sometimes offer free promotional stuff around holidays....not sure I'll ever use it now though. Hopefully the developers intend the glasses image to suggest there are big things upcoming about 2020 that they'll soon reveal rather then simply the glasses themselves.

Regardless, still anxiously checking online again and again hoping Season 4 details drop. Gameplay adjustments are hit or miss for me ...can be positive but it doesn't really generate that much excitement. Most of the time it depends upon the adjustment and it takes a while to see if it really changes all that much. There is a lot of other games I'm looking forward to in 2020....What I'm really want and what will really keep me playing and spending on DOA6 is new stages, sexy or exciting new costumes, new varied and sexy win poses, and regular new characters.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I feel like Kasumi's bangs are gonna cover the 2020 in these glasses. :D Also if you scroll down far enough in this tweet:

...it's mentioned that the 'Are you ready?' could be hinting that guest character for this season pass is Blue Mary:

But what about Mary Mary?:

I guess we'll find out next week...
I don't think the Are You Ready confirms anything tbh, Leifang says "Justice will prevail...or something" as a reference to Xianghua but she's not in, I think it's just a reach on that part xD

And you're probably right about Kasumi's bangs. That's why we need new hairstyles. Kasumi could definitely wear the glasses clip free if they gave her this old hairstyle she would have had if they hadn't changed her design xD

IMG_kpm97.jpg

But it's probably gonna be an issue for everyone who has full fringed bangs or massive bangs tbh

Onryoki

Standard Donor
We just have to wait and see. I’m not all that excited or worried about this SP4, I just hope that it contains at least a stage and the VV girl. And hopefully another DLC costume for Mai and Raidou (wishful thinking).

Scared to post this because people like to report my posts as of late but, this would be my preferred wish list for the upcoming DLC characters. (Shit editing I know)
DD217B3B-0662-43AB-AD01-B0E22F4804D6.jpeg

Derock

Scared to post this because people like to report my posts as of late but, this would be my preferred wish list for the upcoming DLC characters. (Shit editing I know)View attachment 30175
Reported! D:
For that FFVII binch and just because.

Wat?

I actually think Tifa fits right in and is interesting to see. I already want Kiryu in here and yes for Leon, he needs to come back. As for Jin, I am not sure. While he's a good choice, watch Team Ninja will pick the Tekken ladies: either Nina, Xiaoyu, Asuka (and I said this in the Tekken thread, they will probably pick Lili *ugh horrible choice* or worse, Lucky Chloe *OH HELL NO!*) I prefer Julia...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Scared to post this because people like to report my posts as of late but, this would be my preferred wish list for the upcoming DLC characters. (Shit editing I know)View attachment 30175
I could be down with that line up but mainly for Jin xD this would be mine:

PicsArt_01-17-10.31.47.jpg

I'd want Naotora back along with the new girl from VV, but since idk who it could be I would prefer Sayuri. Lili I want as a potential guest from Tekken since she's arguably the most popular girl since the fans and gays/bis love her too and id want maybe an original character(that's what the unknown commissioned character is representing).

I don't care for Leon much but since people are pretty vocal and TN is bound to hear them wanting him in he's still standing, plus who knows he may look good in DOA6 for a change and be fun to play for everyone xD

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Reported! D:
For that FFVII binch and just because.
How dare you!
Wat?

I actually think Tifa fits right in and is interesting to see. I already want Kiryu in here and yes for Leon, he needs to come back. As for Jin, I am not sure. While he's a good choice, watch Team Ninja will pick the Tekken ladies: either Nina, Xiaoyu, Asuka (and I said this in the Tekken thread, they will probably pick Lili *ugh horrible choice* or worse, Lucky Chloe *OH HELL NO!*) I prefer Julia...
It’s my personal wish list. I don’t really care who TN would pick. I edited the characters in that pic based on who I want to see in 6.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD