Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Remember when Lisa was actually a black woman?

lisa-paradise.jpg

Now:

EQJb20XUUAAZ-TI.jpg

Even in a white dress, which should make her skin appear darker/more contrasting, she looks white.

@Jadeinchains

inochinagi

Standard Donor
@Tyaren I remember when there was an outcry about that, I think, after her reveal in DoA5? or was it DoAD? or both? (lol) Then they changed it. Looks like it silently went back the other way. Or... and I'm sure you'd know better than I... is this another consequence of DoA6's crazy lighting that makes everything brighte/shinier/lighter?

<---- She's even darker in my chibi picture, lol

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Tyaren I remember when there was an outcry about that, I think, after her reveal in DoA5? or was it DoAD? or both? (lol) Then they changed it. Looks like it silently went back the other way. Or... and I'm sure you'd know better than I... is this another consequence of DoA6's crazy lighting that makes everything brighte/shinier/lighter?

<---- She's even darker in my chibi picture, lol
iTs tHe LiGHtInG!!!!

I'm not so sure...
That particular stage does not have the lighting bug/error of other stages like Seaside Eden or Road Rage.

Even Bayman looks really tan in it:

49515295907_181aaecbd9_o.png

And Christie, as light-skinned and white-haired as she is, would have to look like a glowing ghost with the lighting bug, but she doesn't:

49515072626_06bc1b267f_o.png

I unfortunately have no Lisa pic in that stage.

RetroMe91

We really need a dark skin, black female in this game. Even if they make a dark skin, black female loli...

is this the next DOAXVV character too? That’s our reveal next month, right?

Jadeinchains

I mean she's obviously still black but I do remember the outrage over the whole debacle back during pre doa5 release, Luckily before the release of doa5 they darkened her skintone a lot from how it looks in the Itagaki post. I also feel like they darkened her skintone a bit in the jump to Doa5LR but I don't remember, And they did darken her skintone in Doa6 cause I feel like a few people noticed they had? It's strange I've seen screenshots for dlc back in doa5lr and stuff where her skintone matches that of her doa4 so maybe It is a matter of doa6's lighting or something to some degree? If not maybe that stage? I really have no idea. Definitely though in the comparison @Tyaren posted there's a big difference so they could potential do with matching it further to in doa4.
and the subtle shade is noted @Tyaren in you @ing me in that post, you know I get anal about talking about Lisa! (:<

We really need a dark skin, black female in this game. Even if they make a dark skin, black female loli...

is this the next DOAXVV character too? That’s our reveal next month, right?

Yeah if they keep on the 3 month track for adding in new VV girls then next month a new girl should be added, Whether She'll be the girl from VV also getting added to DoA6 or separate from the whole thing of one of the VV girls getting added to DoA6 is anyone's guess yet though. And Venus Vacation should add a dark skinned girl, So far the games added quite a lot of new characters with different appearances obviously so it would be neat and add some more diversity if they did.

SaihateDYNAMO

I'm not so sure...
That particular stage does not have the lighting bug/error of other stages like Seaside Eden or Road Rage.

Even Bayman looks really tan in it:

49515295907_181aaecbd9_o.png

And Christie, as light-skinned and white-haired as she is, would have to look like a glowing ghost with the lighting bug, but she doesn't:

49515072626_06bc1b267f_o.png

I unfortunately have no Lisa pic in that stage.
I was being sarcastic about the lighting thing lol! When they started bleaching Lisa's skin in 5 that seemed to be the go-to excuse from some people

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
At least NiCO is technically getting something new :rolleyes:
Yeah hers is only the real new one but she's basically serving what Marie Rose is serving xD
I love 旗袍 :bradwong:
I do too although I'm only gonna get Kasumi and I'll decide between Rachel or Phase 4 xD the update is also coming later so we can finally see what they'll do with the balance adjustment and soft engine ^·^

P2p1mbs

The more I look at these revival costumes, the more I feel like the costumes and characters all looked way better in last round than in 6. I haven't purchased any of the returning costumes for 6 but am almost tempted to just go back to last round and just use the costumes there :rolleyes: .

I wouldn't mind if they brought back the Senran Kagura pack though; its likely the only crossover pack that could return. I can imagine NiCO dressed as Naraku.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The more I look at these revival costumes, the more I feel like the costumes and characters all looked way better in last round than in 6. I haven't purchased any of the returning costumes for 6 but am almost tempted to just go back to last round and just use the costumes there :rolleyes: .

I wouldn't mind if they brought back the Senran Kagura pack though; its likely the only crossover pack that could return. I can imagine NiCO dressed as Naraku.
Tbh the dresses and most of the characters look better in 6, like Kasumi had no neck in LR but in 6 she does if you compare win poses, and the lighting makes the characters have more dramatic and varying looks over LR's same panned lighting and colors looked too saturated at times

If they do another SK pack I say they reassign the characters to have different costumes. Some of them were hit and miss and just didn't make sense like Mila as Hikage(Nico) or Momiji as Homura when neither have anything in common besides fire. Also didn't understand Helena as Haruka, they would have been better off making her Shiki who is also french, and has her hair dyed an unusual but passable shade of blonde xD

inochinagi

Standard Donor
@Tyaren or whoever else can help answer this... So, I keep coming across the same criticism in other places literally every time a new (old) set of throwback/revival costumes is revealed. Multiple people always say "they're literally charging people for the same costumes again", and go as far as say that they're actually reusing the assets from DoA5. That these costumes were mostly done even before DoA6 released because they were already made for DoA5 and that they could have been in the game on day 1. Is this even possible to know for sure or is it just an assumption? How much of DoA6 is just DoA5 ideas recreated and how much of DoA6 is literally reused assets from DoA5?
Are all or most of the revival costumes actually a total copy-paste job or would they at least have to model them again based on the DoA5 designs but using DoA6's Dynasty Warrior engine?

I feel like it would be beneficial to have a "DoA Facts and Myths" page somewhere, lol. Seems like there's so much ignorance and unfair assumptions out there about the game that it might help to sort the facts out in one place for anyone to link to.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
whoever can help answer this... So, I keep coming across the same criticism in other places literally every time a new (old) set of throwback/revival costumes is revealed. Multiple people always say "they're literally charging people for the same costumes again", and go as far as say that they're actually reusing the assets from DoA5. That these costumes were mostly done even before DoA6 released because they were already made for DoA5 and that they could have been in the game on day 1. Is this even possible to know for sure or is it just an assumption? How much of DoA6 is just DoA5 ideas recreated and how much of DoA6 is literally reused assets from DoA5?
Are all or most of the revival costumes actually a total copy-paste job or would they at least have to model them again based on the DoA5 designs but using DoA6's Dynasty Warrior engine?

I feel like it would be beneficial to have a "DoA Facts and Myths" page somewhere, lol. Seems like there's so much ignorance and unfair assumptions out there about the game that it might help to sort the facts out in one place for anyone to link to.
They are pretty much reusing the same assets for costumes, it's not really an assumption more than fact. They're using the same costume resources and basically just applying it to the new DOA6 characters but sometimes because of the difference in size of the models outfit parts like the hand or arm accesories of say Kasumi's leather outfit apparently will appear bulky and won't properly fit. And they don't have to really do much to alter the older costume assets besides just make different dirt physics and have it apply to whatever stage lighting you're wearing it in

And there's no need for a thread like that tbh, if you want to see a thread that's full of complaints and focus on the game's flaws and reused content you have the costume thread and the DOA6 "graphics" thread xD there's also a thread dedicated to the game's glitches and such iirc

inochinagi

Standard Donor
@KasumiLover - Ah, so they are literally and totally trying to scam us fans after all, huh? Well, can't defend that. But thanks for the reply.

And what I didn't mean a thread but something more like part of DoA's wiki or something, not something made up or replies but rather everything we agree are proven facts about the game in regards to frequently asked questions and popular myths and assumtions about the game and what the facts are in regards to them. But if it's that clear cut bad when it comes to the facts then it might just hurt the image of the game further... hehe... heh.. :/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD