Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

RagnorRob

Fairly reasonable chance that selling recycled nurse costumes right now would go over badly.

Even before the COVID-19 situation that set would probably go over badly for being one of the earlier boring/heavily similar among all looks. It's like a fetish theme that barely even caters to the fetish correctly; A lot of them aren't even "sexy nurse"....they are just "nurse".

Now, with the globe dealing with COVID-19, it's even more tacky to sell those if they aren't careful about how they do it. It looks bad to make money from that set; especially when so many others are getting economically pinched by COVID-19. I feel they should write this off as a good will project and just release that set for free for everyone with some kind of message that recognizes nurses working long hours and risking exposure to help people. OR, they could still sell them but say they are donating 100% of the revenue from this to a particular hospital for the purchase of protective clothing/face mask.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

Summary: update is the 31st. You buy a set per hair style. So if you buy hair colours for Marie Rose long, you have access to all colours for that style alone. Hair will go back to normal, but you get your tickets spent back.
A63A9936-F0B7-4D21-B311-50EA40FAD760.jpeg

Anura

Hair will go back to normal, but you get your tickets spent back.

I don't understand this part. Are they refunding people who purchased individual hair colors? Do they get their tickets back on reset?

EDIT: Never mind, I understand now. For a moment I thought of some weird ass implementation but not even TN could be that bad at programming.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

This is better. I guess ?

I mean, obviously it was not going to be FREE, but if I understand correctly, for instance, for Helena : I "only" have to spend 3 tickets since she has 3 hairstyles to get access to all the potential colorizing. Right ? (Gosh it's actually expensive...)

In what world is this still okay ? This is shit. I want to change hair colors for all the cast...! Oh well... I give up...

P2p1mbs

Summary: update is the 31st. You buy a set per hair style. So if you buy hair colours for Marie Rose long, you have access to all colours for that style alone. Hair will go back to normal, but you get your tickets spent back.

Sounds rather confusing; does this mean we STILL have to pay for alt colours? Even after everyone criticized them for charging for such a feature?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised they would still try to charge us for such a thing. At least they will refund those who DID spend money on this feature before the rollback.

They could have at least also given complimentary tickets for EVERYONE to really show how "sorry" they are but that's just me being naive...

RagnorRob

Of course they would blow this. This stinks a little bit less but it's still absolute garbage. They took a bunch of steps in the wrong direction then corrected only slightly....they are still headed in a bad direction.

You can get this on the PC for free. You cannot get this at all on X-Box. On PS4 you still being nickle and dimed to a degree that customers should not encourage. Rather than unlocking by character, you instead have to buy recoloring for each individual hair style.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
They refund the tickets but will also reset the characters hair to how it originally is. So you have to buy it again. But this time it’s permanent so that’s better at least.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Unfortunately it's been one of those doubly whammy weeks:

First we got this awful business report from KT. This was the precursor to the ticket and hair thing not really being looked into.

Now we have the hair color issue returning and it fucking sucks. They literally said they were working hard on it and gave us the next worse possible outcome. I feel like we don't know enough quite yet... no prices or anything, but I am working on my next "scathing" piece for the home page on top of this stupid business interview that basically states:

Westerners don't pay enough money!

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Unfortunately it's been one of those doubly whammy weeks:

First we got this awful business report from KT. This was the precursor to the ticket and hair thing not really being looked into.

Now we have the hair color issue returning and it fucking sucks. They literally said they were working hard on it and gave us the next worse possible outcome. I feel like we don't know enough quite yet... no prices or anything, but I am working on my next "scathing" piece for the home page on top of this stupid business interview that basically states:

Westerners don't pay enough money!
Time to start contacting news articles again? ;)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, they didn't prove me wrong. The picture I have of KT being greedy, lazy and absolutely shameless applies to 100%.
I won't buy anything DOA6 related anymore. I am done.
I'm also very glad I didn't falter for Tamaki now, even though I actually kinda liked what I was seeing.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Haven't bought anything DOA6 related since Kula, which was the first and also the very last thing I bought lol. No regrets on dismissing any future purchase. Actually felt like the money I sent towards TN fills KT's pockets instead lol.

It's pretty good for people to see their shenanigans. But it's also a lesson learned for me to wait it out for like a core fighters and then play the game for free for any future installments. Hopefully we can better the series on more than a cash grab simulator on DOA6+++/DOA6U/DOA6LR/DOA6 -insert title here or whatever overhaul updates it gets, or possibly DOA7. Who knows, maybe 7 is their lucky number. I can wait.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I also agree that KT is using Team NINJA to line their pockets, but not even a thank you or a real apology to the dedicated.

Fuck KT. I'm not spending another penny on DOA and I'm pretty distraught when they say they have worked hard on making the hair better and have not even come close.

Why are they making this so complicated?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD