Onryoki

Standard Donor
Western version

I’ll pass
311B99B8-CFD0-4C02-856E-8B569B006C45.gif

they also posted this:
4AFF5239-74F0-41E8-88D3-B1B31BB1ADEE.jpeg

here’s the google translation.
“Important news Thank you to everyone who plays "DEAD OR ALIVE 6" and to all who support us. A year has passed since its release, and during that time we have caused many inconveniences and annoyances. Nevertheless, many people are playing every day. Thanks to you, the number of new users has continued to increase, and we have recently exceeded the 3 million basic free downloads. After v1.22, new DLC additions and updates will be suspended indefinitely, but various services will continue. You can enjoy not only playing the game itself, but also using the store, playing online, ranking, and so on. I will do my best to deliver something more interesting one day. We look forward to your continued patronage for this work and the "DEAD OR ALIVE" series. "DEAD OR ALIVE 6" management team”

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I will do my best to deliver something more interesting one day. We look forward to your continued patronage for this work and the "DEAD OR ALIVE" series. "DEAD OR ALIVE 6" management team”

This is the important part.
Nothing is said, but IF people are requesting massively and IF we can make legible suggestions, we could see an "interesting" DOA one day (ultimate version, number 7, Dimension², Code Chronus, etc.)

I would LOVE someone to create a thread compiling all our suggestions (casual, competitive). In my mind, it would be a thread we would collectively send to the team on social medias (after debating on our desires). They know most of the things we need (more stages, better marketing, solid mechanics), but maybe they are lost. What do you say ?

Emery did a similar video a few days ago, it can be a good start.

RetroMe91

As roundabout as the Japanese sometimes can be, they make up for it at other times with this kind of brutal honesty, lmao.

You'd never see that kind of admission with a Western dev, so, good on them - and I'm glad to hear DOA is still on their minds.
You obviously didn’t play Mass Effect Andromeda... they basically did the same thing DOA6 did and they were a western gaming company... it’s honorable when any gaming company admits that they effed up. Though we still have to hold them accountable when the next title releases.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This is the important part.
Nothing is said, but IF people are requesting massively and IF we can make legible suggestions, we could see an "interesting" DOA one day (ultimate version, number 7, Dimension², Code Chronus, etc.)

I would LOVE someone to create a thread compiling all our suggestions (casual, competitive). In my mind, it would be a thread we would collectively send to the team on social medias (after debating on our desires). They know most of the things we need (more stages, better marketing, solid mechanics), but maybe they are lost. What do you say ?

Emery did a similar video a few days ago, it can be a good start.

Your activism means well and is commendable, but...
THEY
DONT
GIVE
A
FUCK.

Sorry to be so frank, but it is the truth.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
No problem, it feels good to hear the truth as well sometimes baby. <3

My hope is that maybe they would have to care, now, since they apparently realize how bad their reputation is. #HOPE
Oh please, the fans share the same complaints since DOA5LR. Back then fans already were vocal about the overpriced seasonpasses and character eliminating fetisj sets. The difference now is that they tried to continue to scam us even more and fans had enough and quit the game. They made the game so bad even veterans didn’t want to play the game. If even your diehard fans don’t even want to play the game it says a lot.

Them being aware of the issues makes it worse because it means they knew all this time but did NOTHING to fix it or actually try to make it better. They just gave up, I hope DOA returns for the next gen consoles but please for the love of god let it be a remake so we can test the waters.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh please, the fans share the same complaints since DOA5LR. Back then fans already were vocal about the overpriced seasonpasses and character eliminating fetisj sets. The difference now is that they tried to continue to scam us even more and fans had enough and quit the game. They made the game so bad even veterans didn’t want to play the game. If even your diehard fans don’t even want to play the game it says a lot.

Them being aware of the issues makes it worse because it means they knew all this time but did NOTHING to fix it or actually try to make it better. They just gave up, I hope DOA returns for the next gen consoles but please for the love of god let it be a remake so we can test the waters.
I think the disdain for "veteran" players tho is different tho, mainly the high level players and the few who view themselves as such. They dont like 6 because of the meter and because the BB and BHs can shut down their momentum, that's why so many are going back to LR even tho that game itself has issues but they look past it since they can avoid the meter there and the artifical difficulty acts like a foundation to level themselves up a tier over weaker players. I think if 6 had all the LR revival DLCs as free content from the get instead of charging for it and had all the characters return for free too, casual fans would have like 6 more since LR and 6 are honestly not much different content wise. 6 just has the costumes, some of the options and the stages and character roster 6 lacks, everything else pretty level.

And idk, I dont think they gave up like people are saying. I feel they're dropping vanilla 6 and are gonna work on a 6U if they already hadn't been working on it like they did with vanilla 5. Even back then, people complained about the season passes but they still bought it since over all the content was good(although the collab DLCs were getting old) xD that's why I kinda cringe when people on twitter quote TN stuff and say "clowns" as if they're not gonna still buy the dlc anyway.

I hope if they go the ultimate route they make it worth it since it doesn't seem much a benefit to wait for 6U if they don't do a massive upgrade and do away with revival DLCs

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
At the end of the day let's face the facts of this last DLC.

- This is the last set for vanilla.

- They raise the price for revival outfits.

- These outfits are extremely ugly compared to the DOA5 counterparts. Look at the skirts!!!! No detail.

- It's a complete waste of time to get excited about this.

Jadeinchains

If they have ended support for doa6 in order to release doa6U then I just hope they announce doa6U sooner instead of later so that we know it's coming and aren't just left in silence regarding the main doa series not knowing what/if or when a new doa game/iteration of 6 is coming.

Boogie

honeyyyyyyyy....the audacity. the balls.

like they really have some big ass balls to pull this shit and i am honestly, impressed.
hentai artist don't even draw balls this big.

they gave us old DLC and up'd the price and was like "k guys bye"

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If they have ended support for doa6 in order to release doa6U then I just hope they announce doa6U sooner instead of later...

What do you even expect DOA6U to be? Do you honestly think that what comes after DOA6 will be any better? If anything it will be even worse. It will be even lazier, it will be even more shameless.
I really don't understand everyone looking forward to DOA6U. They screwed you already over with 6, now you are literally saying: Hey, KT, wanna screw me over some more? :D

Jadeinchains

Since they've ended support for doa6 I'm just curious to know sooner rather than later what the next step is for the main series of doa, Whether it's doa6u or doa7 or something later thats all I was saying lol, If they're making a 6U then it would be good to have an announcement. Plus then we would have more of an idea of things they'd be adding to it.

They are pretty much done. There will not be a DO6U.

Does it take a lot to design costumes and import them into the video game?

I do not understand why they would not just continue to give this game costumes, etc. , they could use the extra money they receive from this game and use it toward whatever they would be/are planning next?

Why would we continue to play this when we don't get any new content?

"I'm here to discuss my raise."

"Why on EARTH would we give you a raise?"

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Since they've ended support for doa6 I'm just curious to know sooner rather than later what the next step is for the main series of doa, Whether it's doa6u or doa7 or something later thats all I was saying lol, If they're making a 6U then it would be good to have an announcement. Plus then we would have more of an idea of things they'd be adding to it.

It would be better if they immediately start with 7 at the very least, though that one is just an opinion.

Reason being is that 6 in itself left a scar. Adding a 6U is basically putting a bandaid on it or covering it up with a giant tucktape with things that should of been in the game since the beginning. Least with 7, they can look where they did wrong (which is practically over 80% of the game's foundation) and start over. Least in a moment where they get an actual budget supporting the game. At the same time, people would see something completely new all over again (well, one would assume it would be completely new), but the scar is deep already.

Knowing TN, it'll be a 6U, but dear lord did vanilla leave a bad taste lol.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD