Team Ninja Twitter

David Gregg

Please no never bring back the DOAD sailor outfit. -_- I agree he needs better outfits but there are other male characters more deserving of outfits right now ("cough" Leon and Ein "cough" "cough"). And yes Ryu's classical outfit.

Rawbietussin

They should make the new character for 5U Arcade a sumo wrestler.

DOA's the only one lacking a Japanese fatso since Street Fighter has E. Honda, Tekken has Ganryu and Virtua Fighter has Taka-Arashi.

KwonJigglypuff

They should make the new character for 5U Arcade a sumo wrestler.

DOA's the only one lacking a Japanese fatso since Street Fighter has E. Honda, Tekken has Ganryu and Virtua Fighter has Taka-Arashi.

Sumo characters tend not to be very popular in fighters. Well, except if you make that character like Hinako Shijou.
I feel like Bass is already filling the "slow/powerhouse" individuality. Plus his 6K+H is so cool already.

I'd love to see a Jitsu/Judo/Close combat character with counter-throws. That would be a good matchup for grapplers. :
- 236H could work as a counter-throw for certain throws (maybe OH?)
- he could have a tsukami like Goh in VF : "In Tsukami, you can move your opponent in four directions (up, down, left and right). He actually only has to guess the correct move (up, down, left or right) to break the throw."
- when breaking a neutral throw/combo throw, he would automatically go into tsukami

Rawbietussin

Sumo characters tend not to be very popular in fighters. Well, except if you make that character like Hinako Shijou.
I feel like Bass is already filling the "slow/powerhouse" individuality. Plus his 6K+H is so cool already.

I'd love to see a Jitsu/Judo/Close combat character with counter-throws. That would be a good matchup for grapplers. :
- 236H could work as a counter-throw for certain throws (maybe OH?)
- he could have a tsukami like Goh in VF : "In Tsukami, you can move your opponent in four directions (up, down, left and right). He actually only has to guess the correct move (up, down, left or right) to break the throw."
- when breaking a neutral throw/combo throw, he would automatically go into tsukami

I always liked Hinako despite how underrated she is. The way she hurls guys bigger than her up the air was so full of win for me. I always preferred KOF 98 Mature though.

A Jitsu or judo character would really be nice. I think incorporating Goh's tsukami would have been great since it could have been an easier solution to break out of a throw rather than timing T the moment your opponent does a throw on you.

Speaking of 236 inputs, did it felt much easier doing Helena's 236P+K handslaps? I think I preferred it how it was 3P+K in DOAD back then. It felt much faster to transition BKO that way.

KwonJigglypuff

I always liked Hinako despite how underrated she is. The way she hurls guys bigger than her up the air was so full of win for me. I always preferred KOF 98 Mature though.

A Jitsu or judo character would really be nice. I think incorporating Goh's tsukami would have been great since it could have been an easier solution to break out of a throw rather than timing T the moment your opponent does a throw on you.

Speaking of 236 inputs, did it felt much easier doing Helena's 236P+K handslaps? I think I preferred it how it was 3P+K in DOAD back then. It felt much faster to transition BKO that way.

Me too. I don't like that move anymore for some reason.
I mean, I love the animation and all, but it doesn't feel natural using it now. I can't really incorporate it in my strategy anyway, since I still find it a bit useless..
But yeah, changing it into 3P+K could be a buff in a certain way.

Speaking of a Judo/Jitsu character, do people have more ideas about an "individuality" for that new character ?
OR any other fighting styles ?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
No, an S&M outfit. Everyone looks tough in leather.

oxm_ninja_gaiden_3_layer_blood_cut.jpg

i agree

Rawbietussin

Me too. I don't like that move anymore for some reason.
I mean, I love the animation and all, but it doesn't feel natural using it now. I can't really incorporate it in my strategy anyway, since I still find it a bit useless..
But yeah, changing it into 3P+K could be a buff in a certain way.

Speaking of a Judo/Jitsu character, do people have more ideas about an "individuality" for that new character ?
OR any other fighting styles ?

For fighting styles, I'm not sure myself but I think they are also probably thinking Judo and Jitsu like you do. I on the other hand prefer seeing another kung fu user.

By individuality, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean nationality?

KwonJigglypuff

For fighting styles, I'm not sure myself but I think they are also probably thinking Judo and Jitsu like you do. I on the other hand prefer seeing another kung fu user.

By individuality, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean nationality?

No I mean, gameplay individuality.
In a nutshell, and from my naïve POV, that's how I would define the roster to someone who doesn't know DOA :

- powerhouse veteran (Bass)
- grappler with boobs (Tina)
- mistress of horizontal evasion/Jaheiko (Christie)
- queen of vertical evasion/Bokuho (Helena)
- trick monkey with 191 moves (Brad)
- tackle champion (Mila)
- counter attack master (Bayman)
- pressure character (Kokoro)
- clown (Zack)
- fast striker (Jann Lee)
- straight stricker (Ein)
- kicks expert (Rig)
- sabaki genius (Lei Fang)
- Max's girlfriend (Hitomi)
- guard break mourner (Leon)
- close range turtle (Gen Fu)
- Zack + Tina + running stance + bleach (Lisa)
- double jump ninja (Momiji)
- flashy ninja (Ayane)
- teleportation ninja (Kasumi)
- Izuna ninja (Ryu)
- boring ninja (Hayate)
- hybrid characters I can't define (Eliot and Rachel)

So my question would be, what could be the next individuality in DOA ?

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

i don't understand the hate hayate gets

I really don't hate him. Some of his moves have a nice choreographical aspect.
I just find him a bit boring and plain to be honest. But that doesn't mean I never use him/or hate playing as him in random matches.

I mean, I'd rather see an option to change between Hayate and Ein during a match (with a taunt). Something like Sheik/Zelda does in Smash Bros. I know people are against it and that would be hard to implant in DOA anyway.

(This way, Ein and Hayate would share the same costume selection. Ein would just be a disguise. I personally think this is an interesting concept and that would give him more uniqueness. He would be the first character in DOA to have this sort of thing. And this way, we wouldn't have excuses in DOA6 to cut Ein because of the lack of time).

Kronin

I really don't hate him. Some of his moves have a nice choreographical aspect.
I just find him a bit boring and plain to be honest. But that doesn't mean I never use him/or hate playing as him in random matches.

I mean, I'd rather see an option to change between Hayate and Ein during a match (with a taunt). Something like Sheik/Zelda does in Smash Bros. I know people are against it and that would be hard to implant in DOA anyway.

Don't seems to me a bad idea, but this wouldn't make of him a character with a great advantage compared to the others (after all is how to have 2 different characters in one? (anyway I know that exist alrady a certain Vanessa in VF5:FS that incorporates a similar concept).

More if you think to the Tag component, I think that would be still more hard to realize a similar idea.

(This way, Ein and Hayate would share the same costume selection. Ein would just be a disguise. I personally think this is an interesting concept and that would give him more uniqueness. He would be the first character in DOA to have this sort of thing. And this way, we wouldn't have excuses in DOA6 to cut Ein because of the lack of time).

I want to hope that after all the fans requests for the return of Ein and Leon, TN now consider them like part of the regular cast and don't see more neither like an option the idea to cut these characters in the sequels of the series.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
- grappler with boobs (Tina)
God's got a big sense of humor, doesn't he?

...Bokuho
Yes?

- Mighty Morphin Power Ranger (Zack)
Yes, we do know this.

- Max's girlfriend (Hitomi)
The-more-you-know.png

- Elder troll (Gen Fu)
*coughs* @SweetRevenge117 *coughs*
#JustKidding

- Zack + Tina + running stance + bleach + 1980's Soul Glow hair product (Lisa)
Fixed :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD