Tekken

Awesmic

Standard Donor
You can ask Harada on Twitter or Itagaki on FB, they'll respond. They even went to the same school together.

DQNXvpnXcAAc9Av

The information of their beef was just an advertisement tactic to bolster their own products, Itagaki himself chose to be the heel while Harada went with the baby face. Harada specifically respects DOA, Itagaki's version was more of a way to challenge and develop spark so that people can be interested in the 3D fighting genre. It's similar to wrestling storylines, it's scripted but made it look very real as closely as possible without telling anyone that it was for pure fun. Just ask them:

A lot of people thought the beef was genuine, but it's just friendly competition. The communities from both sides simply made it look worse than what it was is all.
That is some fake beef. And for what? One IP's fanbase suffering exponentially more than the other over the years? The downtrodden BS I had to go through with the Tekken fans all those years ago simply for preferring DOA was all based on a sham?

Why would they even let it escalate to the fanbases genuinely hating each other in the first place? All this time I grew up to have genuine contempt for the Tekken fanbase as an exchange for their contempt for me, and now they expect us to start singing Kumbayah?

Goddamn it all. I feel so used. I'm riddled with mixed emotions. I don't know what's real anymore.

Uberprinny

Regardless of the situation, I have to side with Awesmic with this one. Face it! We are still looked down upon by the fgc just cuz we support doa. Thanks for the info destruction bomb at least I got a clear picture of how things are now. If you got time lets duke it out again I hope you make me quake again as Akira. XD

*faints at the sight of Shining_Wave's impossible burger.* The Canadian health inspectors are gonna have field day with that. >.<

Kasumi-Phase-X

Morrigan from Darkstalkers was a prime candidate for Tekken 7

"To be honest, back in 2017 she was a prime candidate for us to want to bring in as a guest," "And we were extremely close to contacting Ono over at Capcom for official permission. We had full confidence in being able to do her modeling and animations and having it do justice to the source material, but as for her gameplay it felt like making it feel the way it should for her would take a lot of time so we ended up abandoning it."

Source: eventhubs

Ninoasker

Morrigan from Darkstalkers was a prime candidate for Tekken 7

"To be honest, back in 2017 she was a prime candidate for us to want to bring in as a guest," "And we were extremely close to contacting Ono over at Capcom for official permission. We had full confidence in being able to do her modeling and animations and having it do justice to the source material, but as for her gameplay it felt like making it feel the way it should for her would take a lot of time so we ended up abandoning it."

Source: eventhubs
God is real and he stopped this from happening

Even tho I'd take her over lame ass Negan any day

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Negan was the worst decision made followed by Noctis. Not hating on Noctis specifically, but the character just fits so perfectly in a SC game rather than Tekken. It was an unfortunate paradox that he took the wrong turn where he just went "eh, we can keep going".

Derock

I would legit LOVE to play Morrigan in Tekken. (But yeah, she, like her other Darkstalkers' co-hosts, has god-tier animations that 3D may not look right, past MvC3 onwards!)
Negan was the worst decision made followed by Noctis. Not hating on Noctis specifically, but the character just fits so perfectly in a SC game rather than Tekken. It was an unfortunate paradox that he took the wrong turn where he just went "eh, we can keep going".

I agree. Negan has majority of Miguel's moves and animations, it's not even funny. Felt like a damn clone.

SaihateDYNAMO

Official concept art for Leroy

EPF3Vn7VAAA0Yl7

They picked the one we see today. Even a lot of these look pretty damn good. Bottom right second to last is a literal reference to Geese Howard.
I'm gonna need to see that bottom right one in Tekken 8!! We need more black characters in fighting games, and that one in particular's a really cool design to me

Derock

Official concept art for Leroy

EPF3Vn7VAAA0Yl7

They picked the one we see today. Even a lot of these look pretty damn good. Bottom right second to last is a literal reference to Geese Howard.

Last design looks awesome. I also digging the first design as well. The first two on the bottom looked like Leroy was going to be another monk.

LOL what you did to my poor Julia?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD