Tekken

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
A crossover game has much successful as any game with or without guest characters, they not make it fun to play, but they have to put their best effort in graphics & content.

They do not no. Historically and with information provided all over, crossover fighting games tend to not do so well and lose support in the eventual outcome, it's one of the reasons why guest inclusions are more common and super popular. The only game that successfully pulled this off (with very strong positive reception mind you) was MvC2, MvC3, XvsS, and CvS2. CvS2 almost didn't happen because of a hit and miss of CvS1 (which had a slightly bigger budget). A 3D fighter crossover is an entirely different spectrum and a bigger scale of expenses and risks vs a 2D game. However, it's uncharted territory as it as never been done before on a 3D fighter side on testing, who knows.

If you want the greatest of them all, then Super Smash would fit that library, but this is also a different subject with the whole fighting game debate.

A reminder that guest characters and crossover games are different. Many developers already mentioned this is that it's a lot cheaper to do with guest inclusions because it's less of a hassle to work with. You get the rights of X/Y company > figure out a way to place them to a game's meta > profit. If they wanted to make one despite them mentioning the difficulty of a crossover game, it's because they are comfortable enough to take that risk again / knowing or not if it's a good time to try with the rise of technology. No crossover universe 3D fighters exist as of yet, but who knows.... maybe Namco can be the ones to make an actual 3D crossover fighting game that sells millions and with continuous support, though I doubt it. But hey, I like surprises so maybe they can be the first to change that norm and prove other developers wrong that it can happen if they put the work in.

With Tekken they had experimented with 2D-styled characters since Eliza from Tekken Revolution which eventually lead to Gouki/Akuma & Geese Howard. I'm pretty sure Tekken X SF will be the ultimate test on how Tekken Team learned from their attempts from Revolution & Tekken 7.

It's possible, though Akuma was planned long before T7 even existed so it's debatable. But a part of me also believes that these characters (including Geese) is a field test for a crossover game to see how well they are, the feedback from them, and how far they can go from there etc. I can agree with this.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hm, good question not sure. Let me ask my future kids.

My kids said they'll ask their kids, could take longer than I thought, but we'll find out.

Probably never, but TxS seems more likely

Ninoasker

I literally forgot about this Faakunan character omg, he still ugly as fuck so I hope he's fun to play at least lmao, not really impressed with him atm tho... Man, this season has been pretty meh outside of Leroy imo. Zafina and Ganryu were cool for people who wanted them but I never cared about them that much, so even tho I'm kinda glad we got them (since it's always nice to see familiar faces back), I can't say they made me lose my shit over them like I did with Anna and Marduk in S2.
Hope there's an extra season that focuses on just bringing iconic legacy characters back and some stages with them. Characters like Bruce and Christie included (and a must imo), bc even if they already have a substitute in the game they can still give them new moves like they did for the rest of the roster to make them more unique.

Ninoasker

wow that pronunciation is worse than fuckurmom , wow.
I was just channeling my alternate reality self where I was born American
U1_WtE06_400x400.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD