Tekken

UpSideDownGRUNT

There's 2 things to take from this trailer about Jun.

1. The big one is that her moveset has fused with Unknown and she has seemingly lost almost all her classic Kazama style moves. The ONLY classic Jun moves we see in this trailer is her classic 3+4 cartwheel and her f2 but Jun's f2 no longer launches and has a 1 follow up that leads into a heat engager. This 100% means Asuka will be in Tekken 8 as the classic Kazama style rep she has been for the last 18 years and this also keeps her relevant in the roster and not just bootleg Jun Kazama.

2. That Jun and Kazuya interaction didn't look cinematic enough to be a story mode cutscene in fact the lighting and camera effects suggest it might be a unique fight intro? Also people have noticed Jun's costume has similar details as Claudio's costume in Tekken 7 the theory right now is that Jun might be the actual leader of the Arrows of Sirius.

Radiance

So rage arts are no longer launch punishable. They're all -13 (although I thought the PEWGF was i13 even though its extremely difficult af to do). Nevertheless, RA's still retain armor properties. I think they should be launch punishable given the comeback factor.

Rob

Premium Donor
God damn does Ling look so fucking good. Master Ling!
vP7enij.png

CFW

The gameplay videos making me more interested in playing actually. Hopefully there's more footage from evo japan soon

Radiance

lmao this game is gonna be dogshit. Atleast the girls look pretty.

Well lets not forget DOA6 break blows are parries that are super advantageous on block. A tool that practically we have access to so long as we have meter (that builds really quick) that can knock your opponents into danger zones and lead to ungabunga damage, whereas you only have access to these when your health reaches a certain threshold and they're somewhat punishable on block. While they're not launch punishable, I imagine there are moves for some characters that are i13 that will wall-splat. Julia's f,f+1,4 for example.

Long story short, this is still better than the BS we got in DOA6..

Rob

Premium Donor
Well lets not forget DOA6 break blows are parries that are super advantageous on block. A tool that practically we have access to so long as we have meter (that builds really quick) that can knock your opponents into danger zones and lead to ungabunga damage, whereas you only have access to these when your health reaches a certain threshold and they're somewhat punishable on block. While they're not launch punishable, I imagine there are moves for some characters that are i13 that will wall-splat. Julia's f,f+1,4 for example.

Long story short, this is still better than the BS we got in DOA6..
What does DOA6 have to do with this? Rage Arts is worse in that it's a comeback mechanic.

The fact Rage Arts isn't launch punishable is a joke. The risk reward is fucked.

Can't wait to see everyone mash Rage Arts from a wakeup. If you don't block it, there goes half your health. If you do block it, you'll get a knockdown. Brilliant.

Radiance

What does DOA6 have to do with this? Rage Arts is worse in that it's a comeback mechanic.

The fact Rage Arts isn't launch punishable is a joke. The risk reward is fucked.

Can't wait to see everyone mash Rage Arts from a wakeup. If you don't block it, there goes half your health. If you do block it, you'll get a knockdown. Brilliant.

They're punishable, just not launch punishable. I mean, it makes sense. This activates at a really low threshold pertaining to health. If these were launch punishable, the next juggle would probably be instant death. It's silly to have comeback mechanic that when used and block = you lose.

and what does this have to do with DoA? Nothing, it's just laughable that someone who rides DOA and plays DOA6 on steam all the time, a game with a busted comeback factor is complaining about this.

Rob

Premium Donor
????????????????????? Rides DOA? Have you not been paying attention to anything I post? And how the fuck do you know I play DOA6 on steam "all the time"? Are you on my steam friends list? I am hardly on the game these days lmao.

Break Blow isn't a comeback. Call it a shitty mechanic all you want, but comeback it ain't.

If these were launch punishable, the next juggle would probably be instant death.

Uhh that's a good thing. You just did a low risk high reward option and it didn't work? Time for serious punishment.

It's silly to have comeback mechanic that when used and block = you lose.

Are you seriously arguing that comeback mechanics should have no drawbacks?

Now THAT is laughable.

Comeback mechanics serve nothing more than a crutch for playing poorly during the whole game.

T..J. Bernard

So from what I heard (and kinda seen with the gameplay videos):
1. RA being -13 kinda sucks but some i13 punishes did kill in T7 so I think it's possible that they might balance around that.
2. Magic 4's don't launch. Huge nerf to characters like Lee, Law, Jin, etc.
3. No more knockdown wake up kicks (including spring kicks). Makes sense. I'm just glad the low no longer launches. That was kinda dumb.
4. Chip damage sucks. Can imagine going up against pure rushdown characters like Hwoarang and such.
5. Possible movement nerfs to some characters (King is a big one so far but I hear Kazuya's 50/50). I dislike this heavy.
6. No running tackle and new way to run. Don't mind fully. There were times where I got a running tackle but wanted running shoulder & such.
7. New combo methods. Ngl it kinda looks Tekken 6 like. Gotta see how the wall carry is before I can have a better verdict.
8. Balance changes. I'll care more as time progresses.
9. Special intros. FINALLY. Near every fighter has had this except tekken (Not counting the tekken tag games).
10. Wall bounce might be gone. Don't know fully but that other wall mechanic from T7 that was introduced last season I think is still there. I kinda hope its gone but idk.
11. Heat mechanic doesn't look terrible but it kinda makes Tekken look all over the place which I'm 50/50 on.
12. It looks like Jun takes some damage from some of her special attacks. Kinda similar to Dark Mewto from Pokken if I remember correctly. Kinda makes me wonder if other characters have this as well?

My biggest question now is:
1. What does counter hitting look like for T8 because if movement is nerfed and magic 4's don't launch, what would be the way of counter hitting or getting people off of you? (Idk if b1's counter launch either for King/Steve)

Overall the game doesn't look half bad. Graphics are high quality. Feels vibrant like the older tekken's compared to the grim graphics of the newer ones. Gameplay's hit or miss but I think as other characters are announced, more questions would be answered.

Radiance

????????????????????? Rides DOA? Have you not been paying attention to anything I post? And how the fuck do you know I play DOA6 on steam "all the time"? Are you on my steam friends list? I am hardly on the game these days lmao.

Break Blow isn't a comeback. Call it a shitty mechanic all you want, but comeback it ain't.

Uhh that's a good thing. You just did a low risk high reward option and it didn't work? Time for serious punishment.

Are you seriously arguing that comeback mechanics should have no drawbacks?

Now THAT is laughable.

Comeback mechanics serve nothing more than a crutch for playing poorly during the whole game.

okay we get it; you love DoA and hate Tekken which is why you've misconstrued everything I said. For some reason your brain went "rage arts weren't punishable", even though I said they were, they just weren't launch punishable. Now you're saying I don't want any draw backs to come back mechanics, and I do, but I don't think that should be a guaranteed lost round considering the circumstances to activate it.

Agree to disagree but as a Bayman player you should be used to not being able to punish shit.

The irony is, you don't seem to realize that all the new mechanics in DoA6 are CRUTCHES for people playing the game poorly..

Rob

Premium Donor
okay we get it; you love DoA and hate Tekken which is why you've misconstrued everything I said.
??????????????

Again you haven't been paying attention. I have been very vocal here with my criticisms about DOA as a competitive fighting game. So much so that DOAN thinks everything I post is saying how much DOA6 sucks.

For some reason your brain went "rage arts weren't punishable", even though I said they were, they just weren't launch punishable. Now you're saying I don't want any draw backs to come back mechanics, and I do, but I don't think that should be a guaranteed lost round considering the circumstances to activate it.
The circumstances to activate are you at are very low health, which means you've been losing during the round. So now you get access to a super comeback that does a lot of damage. If you fuck up doing the Rage Art, then you can get punished for it which should result in death.

Sorry that's how it should work. Don't like it? You should have played better the other 60 seconds during a round.

The irony is, you don't seem to realize that all the new mechanics in DoA6 are CRUTCHES for people playing the game poorly..

What mechanics would those be? If you are playing well you get access to break gauge moves quicker than your opponent.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD