Tekken

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Paul looks like they used a randomizer with customization mode and just went with the first results, lol. Now I'm kinda worried that Bryan will have a wig. This game better at least have old costumes, but not as payed DLC. (EDIT: apparently Harada confirmed on twitter that his old hair is gonna be a customizable option, midlife crisis averted).

I'm already pretty sure this isn't gonna be the best Tekken ever or anything, but I've played every Tekken so far so I'm gonna play this too.

Last edited:

Rob

Premium Donor
Seriously, what on earth were they thinking when designing Paul for Tekken 8?

Everytime I see him now I instantly think ""IT'S MAAM!":

9AGR8eJ.png

Last edited:

CFW

He just looks like a biker with his hair down to me. Don't care about the graphics or what ever as long as it runs fine and the gameplay doesn't annoy me.... which looks like it may.

U_C_A_F

The bitterness here is appetizing. Tekken 8 looks amazing and the series is thriving and will continue to have hype. The game is early and unfinished and still looks better than any other fighter in its current state. Just let it go already... DOA series was driven into insignificance due to incompetent leadership and generally being unappealing to the vast amount of fighting games fans for various reasons. No need to take out your resentment out on Tekken due to DOA6 being a pitiful miserable flop that got abandoned after one measily year of half-assed support. The Tekken team knows what their fans want and are reaping the benefits. You should be grateful for their success and knowing how to market and support their 3D fighter unlike TN, Sega, and project soul crew who are clueless and have no one but themselves to blame for their series' failure.

Rob

Premium Donor
^ overdosed on the copium

"The tekken team knows what the fans want"

Imagine seriously typing that lmao.

Yeah Tekken fans are the best at getting on their knees and sucking dick even if they don't like doing it.

People unanimously complained about the rage mechanics in T7 and now they doubled down.

The fact is Tekken 8 doesn't look all that special. Tekken games don’t even need to be good; they just need to exist because they’re the only 3D fighter that survived.

Last edited:

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Wow, someone is already starting to try to rev up animosity between DOA and Tekken fans here, nice. As a very long-time fan of both series, and a fan of Tekken long before I was a fan of DOA even (since Tekken 2 released), like I've said, I've played them all and I'm gonna play this one too. If any actual "Tekken fanboys" are really around here reading this, then you're lucky if us supposed Tekken haters or "bitter DOA fans" are even interested in and talking about the next Tekken game. There's plenty of DOA fans who also love Tekken, even just as much. Tekken 2 is still one of my favorite games of all time (along with T5DR, TTT, and T4). But I'm gonna say how I honestly and personally feel about the next game so far, and it's not like we're all conspiring on here to sound as bad as we possibly can about it. Not everyone I've seen outside of this site is 100% hyped for it, as we supposedly should be, but most are... so I don't see why it's any issue if some of us here aren't following suit. And taking any negativity to be "hey look! evidence!" of us being bitter over DOA is ridiculous. You'd be saying the same thing about us if we were being just as negative even if DOA was thriving right now, c'mon. For the record, I actually want the next Tekken to be awesome.

We're a small, niche of a niche group over here on FSD... just a handful of DOA fans who even know about this site and still care to use message boards over other, new, more populated social media platforms... we don't represent all of DOA's fanbase, and most of us are FG enthusiast in general who tend to have a more critical eye on FGs in general, including when it comes to DOA.. But even the few of us here are being generalized - if not the whole of our little FSD community, then as us being representative of all DOA fans... what? And that too, right after the reveal of the "Karen" redesign of Paul Phoenix (not my words, but from Tekken fans outside of this site who are otherwise hyped for this game). Forgive me for not sounding hyped after seeing Paul. Not that I cared much for him to begin with, I'm waiting to see Bryan and Asuka (my mains since 5).

The flipside can also be applied here. Fans of FG juggernauts like Tekken and SF (btw, a lot more positive feelings about SF here, so why doesn't the bitterness apply there?) can be blinded by the collective bias of their much more huge fanbases. There's plenty of Tekken fans critical about T8 for various reasons, but they're drowned out by the majority of fans who will be hyped for the next game just because it's a new Tekken. I'm not saying there aren't "bitter DOA fans taking out their frustrations on Tekken", but don't generalize all of us. Not good or helpful to leap to heated assumptions like that about individuals either, tbh.

C'mon man, we don't even have Itagaki to spar off with Harada anymore in the media, whither in jest or actually perceived seriousness, to fuel Tekken vs DOA hate anymore like in the old days. Don't need to start that shit again.

Last edited:

Rob

Premium Donor
And also let's be honest, Tekken 7 was lucky to be at the right place at the right time. If SFV wasn't bad, the series would be dead. T7 is a garbage Tekken game and every player knows it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
........Anyway, y'all need to stop reacting to Tekken fanboys looking for discourse.

You validate their opinion in doing so.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
It's just two of us so far.... anyways, I think it depends on what's said in response, honestly. I don't think they become right in saying we're all bitter DOA fanboys just because a few of us respond at all. I've said all I felt the need to say now to any and all possible Tekken fanboys, so I'm not expecting to dwell on this further or get into a back and forth. I just felt the need to as I consider myself a Tekken fan as well.

Last edited:

Derock

Wow, someone is already starting to try to rev up animosity between DOA and Tekken fans here, nice. As a very long-time fan of both series, and a fan of Tekken long before I was a fan of DOA even (since Tekken 2 released), like I've said, I've played them all and I'm gonna play this one too. If any actual "Tekken fanboys" are really around here reading this, then you're lucky if us supposed Tekken haters or "bitter DOA fans" are even interested in and talking about the next Tekken game. There's plenty of DOA fans who also love Tekken, even just as much. Tekken 2 is still one of my favorite games of all time (along with T5DR, TTT, and T4). But I'm gonna say how I honestly and personally feel about the next game so far, and it's not like we're all conspiring on here to sound as bad as we possibly can about it. Not everyone I've seen outside of this site is 100% hyped for it, as we supposedly should be, but most are... so I don't see why it's any issue if some of us here aren't following suit. And taking any negativity to be "hey look! evidence!" of us being bitter over DOA is ridiculous. You'd be saying the same thing about us if we were being just as negative even if DOA was thriving right now, c'mon. For the record, I actually want the next Tekken to be awesome.

We're a small, niche of a niche group over here on FSD... just a handful of DOA fans who even know about this site and still care to use message boards over other, new, more populated social media platforms... we don't represent all of DOA's fanbase, and most of us are FG enthusiast in general who tend to have a more critical eye on FGs in general, including when it comes to DOA.. But even the few of us here are being generalized - if not the whole of our little FSD community, then as us being representative of all DOA fans... what? And that too, right after the reveal of the "Karen" redesign of Paul Phoenix (not my words, but from Tekken fans outside of this site who are otherwise hyped for this game). Forgive me for not sounding hyped after seeing Paul. Not that I cared much for him to begin with, I'm waiting to see Bryan and Asuka (my mains since 5).

The flipside can also be applied here. Fans of FG juggernauts like Tekken and SF (btw, a lot more positive feelings about SF here, so why doesn't the bitterness apply there?) can be blinded by the collective bias of their much more huge fanbases. There's plenty of Tekken fans critical about T8 for various reasons, but they're drowned out by the majority of fans who will be hyped for the next game just because it's a new Tekken. I'm not saying there aren't "bitter DOA fans taking out their frustrations on Tekken", but don't generalize all of us. Not good or helpful to leap to heated assumptions like that about individuals either, tbh.

C'mon man, we don't even have Itagaki to spar off with Harada anymore in the media, whither in jest or actually perceived seriousness, to fuel Tekken vs DOA hate anymore like in the old days. Don't need to start that shit again.
I fully agree with you. I'm both a Tekken and DOA fan here as well. I want Tekken 8, and I hyped for it, despite some nuances. As in hype for Jun Kazama's return to the canon after being sidelined for 25+ years, minus the Tag games. And I hope the team will bring back Michelle as well because she was one of the originals we hadn't seen for a long time since Julia replaced her from T3 onwards. @inochinagi Tekken 2 is also my favorite Tekken of all time as well as that was the game that got me into the franchise (T4, and TTT1/T3 are my other favorites). But yeah, I don't want another Tekken vs. DOA situation again, because all of that was petty noises with Itagaki's critcism thrown all over the place which pissed off the Tekken fans back then while bashing DOA because of the "sexuality" and not actually learning the gameplay.
And also let's be honest, Tekken 7 was lucky to be at the right place at the right time. If SFV wasn't bad, the series would be dead. T7 is a garbage Tekken game and every player knows it.
The only good thing was about the gameplay. Because I wasn't going to get 7 in the first place because they initially ignored Julia and the rest of the major Tekken cast in favor for the newcomers. And don't get me started with the main story.

Radiance

Lars or Jack is probably next since they've both are guaranteed to be in the game from previous announcement trailers. After those two, no telling who will be revealed or if they'll take a break with the trailers until E3/EVO.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Lars or Jack is probably next since they've both are guaranteed to be in the game from previous announcement trailers. After those two, no telling who will be revealed or if they'll take a break with the trailers until E3/EVO.

I think they should release female trailers next. They just gave us Paul on top of it. Hopefully we see some obscure picks from Harada such as Michelle and not just all the popular people.

CFW

Didn't start liking Law until tekken 7 and I love his new look a lot. Still unsure how to feel about the new mechanics, but I can appreciate that they're making changes to these characters moves. Doubt they'd post a trailer for someone they haven't revealed yet until the next event. Honestly don't even think they'll do a Jun trailer until later since they haven't even shown her like they did the other characters.

UpSideDownGRUNT

There's still at least 4 more characters that are previously announced and have yet to get full character trailers. I can pretty much guarantee they'll be showing those off for the next few weeks.

Announced characters so far: Kazuya, Jin, Lars, Jun, Paul, Law, King II, Jack-8 and Nina
Announced characters with full character trailers: Nina, Kazuya, Jin, Paul and Law

That leaves King, Jack-8, Lars and Jun to have character trailers until they show off another big trailer and/or announce a new character for the roster.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I'm interested seeing Jun too, if only because I mained Asuka. If she plays too similarly to Asuka, then...

Anyways, as for Law, I see a lot of complaints in other places way too muscular or even roided, lol. Maybe? I never cared much for Law, tho, he seems fine to me. But his face when he does that Bruce Lee finisher looks weird to me. Maybe because I'm too used to seeing how Bruce Lee looked doing it:

tenor (1).gif

Also, isn't that literally the Roman Coliseum? Time travel in this? lol

1200px-Jean-Leon_Gerome_Pollice_Verso.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Rob

Lorenzo Buti

I'm interested seeing Jun too, if only because I mained Asuka. If she plays too similarly to Asuka, then...

Anyways, as for Law, I see a lot of complaints in other places way too muscular or even roided, lol. Maybe? I never cared much for Law, tho, he seems fine to me. But his face when he does that Bruce Lee finisher looks weird to me. Maybe because I'm too used to seeing how Bruce Lee looked doing it:

View attachment 37803

Also, isn't that literally the Roman Coliseum? Time travel in this? lol

View attachment 37804
"Are You Not Entertained? Are You Not Entertained? Is This Not Why You Are Here?"

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD