Tekken

UpSideDownGRUNT

At the earliest I could maybe see Q4 2023, but my gut is telling me Tekken 8 is actually 2024.
Rumour mill is that Tekken 8 despite cutting down on clone characters will still have a hefty roster probably even bigger than console Tekken 7 which was 34 characters I believe?

It's entirely possible the machine gun fire character trailers pre Evo Japan was just to showcase all the characters in the Alpha build they'll be travelling with to most majors and the trailers are more likely to slow down now. I could be wrong though for all I know we could get a Lili trailer tomorrow lmao

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They likely have a large portion of the game done, they haven't done anything really content wise for T7 after Lidia besides the usual patches and the mechanics they added in T7 is likely just a way to test it earlier on which was good since it did help certain characters

I hope customization won't be as bad as T7 but if they really are using new assets and not reusing anything like they say, it'll likely be the same earlier on but they have the budget now for it

Onryoki

Standard Donor
If your main is Kunimitsu, everyone knows you don't play Tekken.

Kazuya is the only true Tekken character anyway.
Who’s everyone? And the joke is tired already. It wasn’t funny the first time and it won’t be funny the second time. Just let it go.
The way they're throwing these trailers out makes me wonder when the game is actually dropping and how much is actually finished?
Probably at the end of this year, judging from these character trailers and public test builds (for a select few content creators) they’re quite far in development I’d say. My guess is it will be released around November/December or January/February 2024.

Rob

Premium Donor
Who’s everyone? And the joke is tired already. It wasn’t funny the first time and it won’t be funny the second time. Just let it go.
Explaining jokes is never funny. Since you don't play Tekken you never would have gotten it.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wonder how they're gonna do DLC characters this time around? I think since they're gonna try to shoot for about 20 to maybe near 30 for the main roster, I think they'll try to make the legacy characters they had in Tekken 7 the main roster focus and hopefully, maybe like how SF6 is doing and KOF they'll make the less prominent or less well received new characters DLC

I think it could work, I think they'll obviously make Lidia, Kuni, Fahk, maybe Eliza(she's apparently Lili's sister which is apart of her ending), Claudio, and likely Katarina the main new returnees with maybe some slight redesigns and more story and style evolution

For characters like Gigas, Lucky Chloe(I think they're going to go the Sylvie route with her and give her a more dramatic redesign and play up more of her bitchy mean spirited nature she revealed to Eddy in his ending to make her more likable. Her updated move set changes have already helped with that however), Josie(They'll have to since her design is solid but her personality and style are very forgettable), Shaheen(he'll need a major overhaul and up to date design since he's too forgettable, good style but very bland design that they played it too safe with), they should make them all probably early DLC assuming they don't try to give them proper story additions but they could

Anna, Lei, Julia, Zafina, Armor king, marduk, Ganryu, and any other returning legacy characters from Tekken 7 should be bumped up to main roster, and hopefully Christie will finally return since i think they can make her take a reformed vengeful route alongside Eddy. We'll have a ton of space assuming they leave out any pallete swaps like the bears

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
I wonder how they're gonna do DLC characters this time around? I think since they're gonna try to shoot for about 20 to maybe near 30 for the main roster, I think they'll try to make the legacy characters they had in Tekken 7 the main roster focus and hopefully, maybe like how SF6 is doing and KOF they'll make the less prominent or less well received new characters DLC

I think it could work, I think they'll obviously make Lidia, Kuni, Fahk, maybe Eliza(she's apparently Lili's sister which is apart of her ending), Claudio, and likely Katarina the main new returnees with maybe some slight redesigns and more story and style evolution

For characters like Gigas, Lucky Chloe(I think they're going to go the Sylvie route with her and give her a more dramatic redesign and play up more of her bitchy mean spirited nature she revealed to Eddy in his ending to make her more likable. Her updated move set changes have already helped with that however), Josie(They'll have to since her design is solid but her personality and style are very forgettable), Shaheen(he'll need a major overhaul and up to date design since he's too forgettable, good style but very bland design that they played it too safe with), they should make them all probably early DLC assuming they don't try to give them proper story additions but they could

Anna, Lei, Julia, Zafina, Armor king, marduk, Ganryu, and any other returning legacy characters from Tekken 7 should be bumped up to main roster, and hopefully Christie will finally return since i think they can make her take a reformed vengeful route alongside Eddy. We'll have a ton of space assuming they leave out any pallete swaps like the bears

dlc characters are like box of chocolate, you never know what you going to get. Lol

who predicted neagen in 7 lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
dlc characters are like box of chocolate, you never know what you going to get. Lol

who predicted neagen in 7 lol
Tbh while I never played him, both his stage, the themes he had and his character overall I loved since he added a bleek, somewhat darker vibe to the roster that none of the others did. I felt like with Fahk they could have took it there but since he's a DLC character his story background was more hearsay and didn't really back him up, he has one of the best best backstories but you can't really get into it the way you want.

Same with Kuni and Lidia, they both have potential but we can't see it much when they're just DLC characters and the most we can see is from their trailer reveals, but tbh the scenes we saw in the reveals was probably some of the best post content story we saw, it's just skulduggery we didn't get anything like that in the regular game

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Just a...somewhat breakdown vid of Asuka. I DO NOT recommend watching this while wearing headphones. You have been warned l0l

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
There have been four characters that have interested me in Tekken 8 and Asuka is one of them. I still think King will be the most fun for me personally since I like to grab my opponents.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
There have been four characters that have interested me in Tekken 8 and Asuka is one of them. I still think King will be the most fun for me personally since I like to grab my opponents.
I'm waiting for Lili tbh and Anna and Claudio, the holy trinity of Tekken for me xD

but trying not to sound "sus" but... Law is hot af now♡ I'm definitely gonna use him since he's himbo daddy now xD Ugh, what a beautiful man hehe~

-ms9ay0.jpg

T..J. Bernard

I forgot about Eliza. She’s also likely as I think she fits T8’s system. Plus I hear she’s really popular as well.

I really doubt Gigas is returning if T8 is aiming for a 30-35 slot base roster. Still gotta think through Feng, Bryan, Yoshi, Alisa, Lili, Steve, Hwo, Lee, Raven (Master Raven or og raven), Bears (though I kinda hope not) etc. Plus whichever new characters they announce. Characters like Gigas, Kat, Josie (cause I really feel like Fahk overshadows her and even him I kinda predict him to be curved for Bruce) to me might get curved. I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that I can be 100% wrong and they put them in, especially Kat cause I can see her story progressing more. But we’ll see.

Thinking through legacy, outside Ganryu, I think everyone else has a decent chance. Anna, Lei, and Zafina (kinda hope not but I think she’ll fit this storyline) are high up for me. AK’s likely but I can also see them pull off a T7 again where he doesn’t make it initially. Marduk’s kinda 50/50. Another uncertain one for me. He should, but similar to AK, I can see him become legacy dlc. And though Julia’s also likely, ngl due to Jun’s return, there can be a slim chance of Michelle. I kinda hope they trash the streamer gimmick (though she did kinda become a good “don’t forget to subscribe” notification for YouTube).

Christie’s another uncertain one. And it’s because of Lucky Chloe, who’s also uncertain for me. LC to me ruined Eddy’s character (story wise) and I feel like if she and Eddy return, it’d possibly be a running gag (similar to Paul who became a running gag w/ the bears). So Idk where Christie would fit in all of that. One thing I hope Tekken changes with some characters is for some running joke gags to be done with, or at the very least have it mature as I’d hope Asuka & Lili’s would.

DLC probably gonna be all over the place. The very least I can predict is there probably will be a couple of legacy characters. But after that, I really can’t tell. Having Noctis & Negan was already out of nowhere for T7. I can only imagine what T8 would have.

I agree with the Shaheen assessment (though I think he’s possibly returning). Though to be fair to him, during the arcade days of T7, it looked like the slide character dynamic was gonna be just him & Law as Lee wasn’t announced. Law being more intermediate and Shaheen for beginners (similar to Kazumi in a way but Kazumi had a better design, even with the gimmicky tiger). Once Lee came into play, it felt like Shaheen got curved for the other two, especially since Shaheen’s design was rather mid compared to Lee (excellent) & Law.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Man I still find it awkward as fuck that the dudes are like ultra realistic now but the females still have the old semi anime style look to them. It's too much of a style clash you can take Kazuya and Jun put them together and they look like they are from different games. As much as I freaking love Asuka's new overall design I can't help but wonder what she'd look like if she had a realistic style to her like the men do.

On the topic of legacy characters hopefully they don't make the same mistake as T7 and release half the legacy staples as paid DLC, I'm fine with adding legacy characters even staples in updates down the line but not as full priced paid DLC that was super scummy lmao (especially after Harada said legacy DLC wouldn't be paid).
I'd love to see Anna, Lei, Bruce, Wesley Snipes Raven (go away Ms Raven) Eddy and/or Christie, Julia and Marduk in the base roster but we know that probably won't happen.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Man I still find it awkward as fuck that the dudes are like ultra realistic now but the females still have the old semi anime style look to them. It's too much of a style clash you can take Kazuya and Jun put them together and they look like they are from different games. As much as I freaking love Asuka's new overall design I can't help but wonder what she'd look like if she had a realistic style to her like the men do.

On the topic of legacy characters hopefully they don't make the same mistake as T7 and release half the legacy staples as paid DLC, I'm fine with adding legacy characters even staples in updates down the line but not as full priced paid DLC that was super scummy lmao (especially after Harada said legacy DLC wouldn't be paid).
I'd love to see Anna, Lei, Bruce, Wesley Snipes Raven (go away Ms Raven) Eddy and/or Christie, Julia and Marduk in the base roster but we know that probably won't happen.
Tbh I think it could, Tekken 7 was a wake up call for Harada and the devs that the characters they claimed weren't popular enough actually do have alot of demand and fans, I think now Julia and Anna for example and Marduk will definitely be shoe ins since people have ate their additions up.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
LOL I've seen quite a few people complain about Asuka's outfit. I admit; I don't really like it, but surely Tekken will have more than 1 or 2 outfits.

I'm hoping for more obscure characters to start coming in now that more of the basics have been announced.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
LOL I've seen quite a few people complain about Asuka's outfit. I admit; I don't really like it, but surely Tekken will have more than 1 or 2 outfits.

I'm hoping for more obscure characters to start coming in now that more of the basics have been announced.
I actually like her outfit and that's coming from someone who isn't even into Asuka xD but the boots pair well with the outfit and she looks alot more close to her T5 debut compared to her T7 outfit

JetstreamCece

As much as I freaking love Asuka's new overall design I can't help but wonder what she'd look like if she had a realistic style to her like the men do.
If I had to guess, I imagine she'd look more like she does in her TTT2 Ending?
I'm definitely sold on her though! I'll probably have her be my second character I play! :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD