Tekken

CFW

I can appreciate Azucena being her own character with interesting animations. Probably the most interesting since Tekken 6 imo (even tho i hate her)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm just ready for the next returning character reveals and for that new male character, Azucena imo is OK design wise but idk, something about her is just kinda... annoying, her whole personality and all that dancing and such just kinda makes me cringe xD

Also I feel her face model is kinda plain too, compared to Christie and Katarina, she looks like she could have been a tekken mobile character with how vanilla and less unique her face looks, she lacks emotion compared to the other girls but I noticed that too with Jun.

Jun still looks great but idk why they didn't use her a revamped version of her TTT2 face since she looked so exotic and mature back then. Now she kinda looks like another Xiaoyu somewhat while all the guys in the game stand out from each other drastically, but I guess they want to make all their girls look cute and flawless. DOA5 and DOA6 makes sure all their girls look cute/flawless but nearly all of them are distinct and have far better expressions than what Tekken 8 has imo, it's like they're afraid to make the girls as distinct and realistic like they were in TTT2 since that had the best facial expressions and models imo

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Chizuru has more curves than Jun
Tbf Jun has never really been curvy like that, but imo none of the girls in Tekken 8 aren't really imo, only Asuka could be seen as that but only in her T7 default xD I'm happy that at least they got the bodies together in T8 if Azu in her bikini is any indication since Tekken 7 had very rough looking body models in comparison to T8

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Saving the best character for last on Nov 12th.

Someone said it best regarding Victor's reveal:

Male kunimitsu+Noctis with a gun. Tekken is so anime now it hurts

Although I get more Raiden MG Revengeance vibes too

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
She's surprisingly edgy with such a pretty face. She looks amazing though.

I noticed she said Jin-senpai, was Jin secretly training her on the low or is she an underclassman from school? she seems to be a Mishima.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So according to Reina, this was apparently from a Playstation interview:

- Reina was created a decade ago during TEKKEN 7's story development.
- Her character is characterized by duality in both personality and fighting style.
- She plays a vital role in TEKKEN 8's Story.
- Despite her fashionable and charming appearance, Reina has a charismatic sense of evil in her.
- Reina uses an acrobatic fighting style rooted in "Taido" mixed with "Mishima Style Karate":
- Taido techniques were developed with Mr. Tetsuji Nakano, a four-time Taido World Champion.
- Mr. Nakano's Taido and other martial arts expertise influenced Reina's distinctive movements.
- Special movements like "Sentai" and "Unsoku" enhance her combat approach.
- She uses swift and brutal techniques like knife-hand strikes, eye pokes, and scratching.
- Very effective in offensive near walls.
- She has her own "Electric Wind God Fist" "Spinning Demon" and "Heaven’s Wrath" stance movesets.
- Ms. Mariko Shimazaki was responsible for her design. She also created the character designs for Kazumi and Josie in Tekken 7:
- Reina is a character designed to emphasize duality in various aspects, from her Taido and Mishima-style karate. Combined with her mysterious and dual nature.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
1699915241215.png

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
So according to Reina, this was apparently from a Playstation interview:

- Reina was created a decade ago during TEKKEN 7's story development.
- Her character is characterized by duality in both personality and fighting style.
- She plays a vital role in TEKKEN 8's Story.
- Despite her fashionable and charming appearance, Reina has a charismatic sense of evil in her.
- Reina uses an acrobatic fighting style rooted in "Taido" mixed with "Mishima Style Karate":
- Taido techniques were developed with Mr. Tetsuji Nakano, a four-time Taido World Champion.
- Mr. Nakano's Taido and other martial arts expertise influenced Reina's distinctive movements.
- Special movements like "Sentai" and "Unsoku" enhance her combat approach.
- She uses swift and brutal techniques like knife-hand strikes, eye pokes, and scratching.
- Very effective in offensive near walls.
- She has her own "Electric Wind God Fist" "Spinning Demon" and "Heaven’s Wrath" stance movesets.
- Ms. Mariko Shimazaki was responsible for her design. She also created the character designs for Kazumi and Josie in Tekken 7:
- Reina is a character designed to emphasize duality in various aspects, from her Taido and Mishima-style karate. Combined with her mysterious and dual nature.
Sounds sick af.

Also her VA:

1699915739564.png

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
DiwHHKv.png

This is how all Reina mains will be training until Jan 24th LMAO