Characters Tengu Players Unite, Contest Time !

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I just think of Tengu's announcement trailer so often. Flying from the trees to the ground with a mighty thump that shakes the earth and rattles the other fighters. I just can't imagine the look of fear Ein will have on his pathetically cute face when he sees birdman come back from the dead.

Kronin

How were you able to get the character models? They don't seem to look like they are from DOA even if both Ryu and Kasumi Alpha looked accurate from head to toe.

Like Forlon said, they come from the avatar of DoAOnline: that game allow you to create an avatar using, also, elements taken directly from the characters in the game (from the faces to some of the outfits in their catalogue). Of course you can customize the avatar with other options, from facial expressions, to colors, funny outfits, objects, ecc.. more there is also the possibility to use particular animations ;)

bjp08xV.jpg

LwvAFBx.jpg

The only shame is that with the unofficial servers no user can be stored in the game and so all your datas (from your fighting recors to the settings of your avatar) end to be deleted when you exit from DoAOnline... :(

Just for you, here a Bayman similar to the one in your avatar (I will not get pity for it, I know... XD)

AAFBwCN.jpg

UkP1IwK.jpg

Last edited:

Kronin

Dat Bayman.

Is DOAO still active though? I thought it was shut down ages ago...

It's nicely populated, but just through unofficial servers: there are only a general Russian and Asian one (so American players will get necessarily lag), but theoretically should be possible to create an own personal server where to invite other people giving the address (but I never tried to do something similar).

Rawbietussin

I see. If I had known any earlier, I could have enjoyed playing DOA2 back then even on a PC (or maybe just for the simple avatar dress up function lol).

I thought only a certain country in Asia could get access to it (I think I heard it was China or Taiwan).

Kronin

I thought only a certain country in Asia could get access to it (I think I heard it was China or Taiwan).

Well actually I think that the so called "Asian" server is a Chinese one. By the way I can enter in it and to play if I want (the only problem is that the lag is terrible), so I think that everyone can get the access to it.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Interestingly enough, Tengu was actually buffed in DOAO, despite already being a broken character in DOA2U, which was the base game for DOAO.

Kronin

Interestingly enough, Tengu was actually buffed in DOAO, despite already being a broken character in DOA2U, which was the base game for DOAO.

Just for curiosity (and then will be better stop with the off topic on DoAOL XD) exactly what they changed for buffing him?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Just for curiosity (and then will be better stop with the off topic on DoAOL XD) exactly what they changed for buffing him?

His 3P was already good in DOA2U, despite being i20, but they sped it up in DOAO. P and 6P are also faster in DOAO. I don't know Tengu's frames in DOAO, but in DOA2U, 3P is i20, P is i17, and 6P is i29. All of them are noticeably faster in DOAO.

I don't know what else they changed, if anything, but I immediately noticed these changes when I randomly hit the lab with Tengu in DOAO about two months ago, and I was quite perplexed by them. I'd guess that his 3P is about i15 in DOAO.

Kronin

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Honestly I think its a tie between @Kronin and @David Gregg both ur works are epic.. i cant decide whos better tbh. :)

So heres the deal.. whichever 1 of You pms me 1st on the 1st of april (saudi arabia time) gets the halloween pack O__o

Either that or u can simply decide between the both of u who gets it.. I guess thats always a solution lol

EDIT:

Scratch that ! Kronin WINS !!! Check your PM :D

Last edited:

Kronin

Honestly I think its a tie between @Kronin and @David Gregg both ur works are epic.. i cant decide whos better tbh. :)

So heres the deal.. whichever 1 of You pms me 1st on the 1st of april (saudi arabia time) gets the halloween pack O__o

Either that or u can simply decide between the both of u who gets it.. I guess thats always a solution lol

EDIT:

Scratch that ! Kronin WINS !!! Check your PM :D

Hey thanks Emperor, the funny thing is that all this is happened in a day where I was offline XD

But like I think all the partecipants of the contest, I suppose that the real prize will be only the entry of Tengu in the roster ;)

Dacthunder

It's nice that you guys are trying and I hate to be a downer but seeing as they're charging for character DLC there's just no way they'll ever add a male character when a female one would sell 10 times as much.

On that note, there's this... if anyone wants to tweet it be my guest, I don't have a twitter anymore

5Oooe4b.jpg
Who told you that lie, that a male character won't sell as much lol, that sounds totally pathetic when a male character hasn't been made for DLC yet lol. Male characters are going to sell just as good or possibly better. What make you think they won't sell as good lol? For the record, I have no plans to buy Marie Rose or Phase 4, both of those characters don't impress me not one bit. The current females are already better than Marie Rose and Phase 4,and I think they should of looked into a different culture for a new female (Mexican or Brazilian), I would of preferred Vanessa over both of those. I'm actually waiting for Tengu. Tengu is by far more interesting than Phase 4 and Marie Rose combined.

KwonJigglypuff

Who told you that lie, that a male character won't sell as much lol, that sounds totally pathetic when a male character hasn't been made for DLC yet lol. Male characters are going to sell just as good or possibly better. What make you think they won't sell as good lol? For the record, I have no plans to buy Marie Rose or Phase 4, both of those characters don't impress me not one bit. The current females are already better than Marie Rose and Phase 4,and I think they should of looked into a different culture for a new female (Mexican or Brazilian), I would of preferred Vanessa over both of those. I'm actually waiting for Tengu. Tengu is by far more interesting than Phase 4 and Marie Rose combined.

Not saying Tengu is more interesting than Marie-Rose or Phase 4, as I haven't played the latter two yet, but... realistically, boobs will always sell better than a dude.

However, just like you, I want more manly DLCs as well (not Raidou please).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD