Tengu Players Unite !

Kronin

Seriously... Tengu needs a triumphant return...
This new character adds nothing..

Wait to say it... we don't know absolutely nothing about this character, so before would be better to know better him for then to make our judgements. After all, also in the case that she should end to be similar to the DoA5 boss, in the end this would end to be a variation of Raidou. Personally I prefer original unique movesets, but to get a character owning a partial movesets between the ninja could end to be anyway pretty nice if well realized.

We have so much diversity with the current cast. Theres no need.
We got jelly, clones, lolis, bimbos, ninjas...I can go on..
I guess we dont have an emo... >__>

But we are still far from Tekken in this matter: we don't get kangaroos, dinosaurs, alien weapons, cyborgs, robots, wooden mannequins, zombies and vampires! :D In addition Tekken has more "clones" that Kasumi in DoA :p

But I agree that we need at least of a Tengu... OUR Tengu! XD

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
But we are still far from Tekken in this matter: we don't get kangaroos, dinosaurs, alien weapons, cyborgs, robots, zombies and vampires! :D In addition Tekken has more "clones" that Kasumi in DoA :p

But I agree that we need at least of a Tengu... OUR Tengu! XD

We don't wanna be anything like Tekken.
one of the things keeping this game unique is how very diverse the cast is.

Honestly .. I would kill for some more VF cast .. but .. they're not gonna come.
what we know is that the Character appears in the story .. of DOA5

meaning its either Miyako or Emo Cloak ninja ...
either way .. I'm not too thrilled.

We have a well established character ... with a move set .. who according to rumors is 50% complete .. so .. JUST BRING THE DAMN BIRD BACK ALREADY !

gnooz

Guys please Tekken clones are nothing like DOA clones I mean Kangaroo and Dinosaur come on these two are completely different things and very creative. Leon and Bayman twins are so annoying they aren't even clone.

Edit: LOL I forgot Panda and Kuma yeah Tekken sucks too.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm just gonna up and say it. The Alpha clone will most likely play and look like Ayane, and here's my theory on why.

In many fighting games, in one form or another, we have mainly seen clones or alterations of the two main rivals. For example:

1) Street Fighter: Ryu / Evil Ryu; Ken / Violent Ken (Non-canon, but still well received, as it was inspired by the animated movie)
2) Guilty Gear: Sol / Order Sol; Ky / Robo-Ky
3) Kyo / K'; Iori / Orochi Iori
4) Jin / Devil Jin; Kazuya / Devil Kazuya

Kasumi and Ayane are by far the generally accepted iconic rivals of DOA. So if the theory is proven right, it was only a matter of time before we eventually saw a clone of Ayane in some form or fashion.

gnooz

If so why don't they simply make Ayane looking clone? Kasumi with Ayane moves just beyond weird for me. Ayane clones need a story thats the problem.

Kronin

We don't wanna be anything like Tekken.
one of the things keeping this game unique is how very diverse the cast is.

I was just making an ironic comment about the variety of DoA not being comparable with the one of Tekken. Actually I don't want to bring in DoA the crazyness of the Tekken cast not because I don't like it (I love the roster of TTT2) but just because the settings for the two games are completely different, with DoA oriented toward a more "realistic" approach (so with real human fighters with the exclusion of the bosses).

So it's good that the variety in DoA is always inside the realm of the ordinary (again, I'm talking for everything less the bosses).

Honestly .. I would kill for some more VF cast .. but .. they're not gonna come.
what we know is that the Character appears in the story .. of DOA5

meaning its either Miyako or Emo Cloak ninja ...
either way .. I'm not too thrilled.

This new character will be very likely the girl that wounded Bayman. About the VF characters, I love VF5FS but I don't want see more guest stars in DoA5U. I know... from a fighting game matter a guest star from VF should be preferable to the eventuality of a character with a mix of moveset already present in the game, but this is DoA and not DoA vs VF: as a fan of the series I would like to see characters from the TN universe and not external ones and I know that this is illogical considering the reason because I think that Tengu should be included in the roster...

We have a well established character ... with a move set .. who according to rumors is 50% complete .. so .. JUST BRING THE DAMN BIRD BACK ALREADY !

I read this rumor but I thought was a joke of an user of the forum.

Guys please Tekken clones are nothing like DOA clones I mean Kangaroo and Dinosaur come on these two are completely different things and very creative. Leon and Bayman twins are so annoying they aren't even clone.

Again I was sarcastic (I really like Tekken also if I suck XD), I was just saying that if DoA is full of clones of Kasumi, even Tekken has a nice amount of clones XD By the way I know that there are differences in the movesets (more or less bigger) between them and that surely, talking from a design pov, Alex and Roger are completely different compared to Kasumi and Kasumi alpha (of course XD).

Last edited:

Darkton93

In many fighting games, in one form or another, we have mainly seen clones or alterations of the two main rivals. For example:

1) Street Fighter: Ryu / Evil Ryu; Ken / Violent Ken (Non-canon, but still well received, as it was inspired by the animated movie)
3) Kyo / K' Kusanagi; Iori / Orochi Iori
Fixed.

Koompbala

I'm just gonna up and say it. The Alpha clone will most likely play and look like Ayane, and here's my theory on why.

3) Kyo / K'; Iori / Orochi Iori

Kasumi and Ayane are by far the generally accepted iconic rivals of DOA. So if the theory is proven right, it was only a matter of time before we eventually saw a clone of Ayane in some form or fashion.

Using that video game science you came up with a nice theory there. Jedi's/sith can use mind control techniques using the force. Tengu is corruption he's just just making everyone think its another female under that hooded cloak but really its Tengu. I gotta keep believing.

Kronin

Using that video game science you came up with a nice theory there. Jedi's/sith can use mind control techniques using the force. Tengu is corruption he's just just making everyone think its another female under that hooded cloak but really its Tengu. I gotta keep believing.

BgWyUtzCEAAFZNv.jpg:large

Kronin

That's awesome @Kronin !!! :)

Thanks but I think that you could believe that the picture is a creation of mine: actually this is the work of @PJudge that realized the design of DoA T-Shirts for promoting the return of Leon, Ein and Tengu (before DoA5U) ;)

Alright, the wait is over! See for yourself what I've been doing with my time recently!

With consultation with Emperor_Cow, I present a poster for the dangerous group of banditos 'The Three Amigos'!
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pjudge/works/10299541-doa5-the-three-amigos

And with some consultation from Forlorn Penguin, I present a new t-shirt design, starting with Leon & Tengu:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pjudge/works/10292763-doa-player-select-leon
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pjudge/works/10293346-doa-player-select-tengu

I'm working on one for Ein currently, but planning on doing one for each of the cast!

Source: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/petition-to-bring-back-leon-as-dlc.1615/page-50#post-92576

PJudge

I actually have a few designs for other characters lying around that I need to finish. I had planned to do one for all the characters, but I haven't had much time to sit down and do them recently. After April I should be able to finish them! I can definitely knock up something else Tengu-related if we need it, gotta show my support for my second!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD