The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

UpSideDownGRUNT

This is why I decided to not get this game, I only have a base PS4 and yikes that framerate... it's WORSE than the pro and also really weird that PS4 Pro's framerate mode is still locked 30fps usually its unlock up to 60.

We're gonna have to hope this game gets a PS5 patch that at least makes it 1800p 60...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This is why I decided to not get this game, I only have a base PS4 and yikes that framerate... it's WORSE than the pro and also really weird that PS4 Pro's framerate mode is still locked 30fps usually its unlock up to 60.

We're gonna have to hope this game gets a PS5 patch that at least makes it 1800p 60...

To be fair, DF also mentions that while it isn't stable 30fps all the time on PS4 it performs still significantly better than other open world games like AC Origins, Odyssey or The Witcher 3 on console.

Some imo gorgeous shots and gifs other players have created so far:

6Awvv8s.png

EdExYD8XgAEdx75.jpg

NJAXhLi.gif

1594964332-ghost-of-tsushima-20200716173758-resultat.jpg

1594912041-ghost-of-tsushima-20200716152846-resultat-resultat-resultat-resultat-resultat.jpg

a2GhostofTsushima20200.jpg

OUR5kZN.gif

74bGhostofTsushima20200.jpg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
It would be quite stupid to not get this gorgeous game simply because of a frame rate. The game is still beautiful, the game looks like fun so idk why it isn’t worth getting it.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I just prefer stable framerates, if its dropping to mid-high 20s then that's a problem for me. Especially when other Sony Studios games with an open world have had stable framerates. I don't care if it's pretty if I see visible chugging that's not a good thing lol this isn't the PS3 anymore the least we can do on Console is a stable 30fps.

Also you make it sound like I'm not getting this game AT ALL, which is not true I just don't want to play it on a base PS4 if GoT is available via Backwards Compatibility on PS5 I'll gladly play it but I'm not playing it right now.

Brute

Standard Donor
Honestly, I'm kinda with Grunt on this one. You're playing a game, not watching a movie. The difference between sustained 60 FPS (or close-to that) versus <30 FPS is huge in an action game.

Also, open world is still shit.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I like the game so far, but it is unfortunate that it's not on PC as most of those problems could be adjusted in some way.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Good. though I suspect "4K" will actually be like 1620p or something Sony and MS both like to call 1440p-1800p 4K (when it isn't lol).

They'll likely use Insomniac's own temporal injection method to reach 4K. A 4K output is reached by reconstructing it form a lower resolution and it produces a very clean and crisp image. Spider-Man on PS4 Pro has great image quality. If you don't pixel count with your nose pressed against the TV screen, it'll pass for native 4K easily. Even Digital Foundry has been singing its praises of that method.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yeah, we'll have to see. Death Stranding on PC with DLSS in quality at 4K looks better than native and runs better so if they can do something similar with Miles that would be the best work around, I'm asuming 60fps mode will also have RT effects off as that will take quite the hit on performance.

Best case scenario will be 4K upscaling with RT off other wise my guess is a slightly lower resolution to keep it a constant 60. A 2160p resolution with a 60fps mode that only sometimes hits 60 wouldn't be worth it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
What did you guys think about the Xbox Series X event?

Halo Infinite, running on Xbox Series X, was imo a big...YIKES. D:

Q0Pw81F.png

UKAHZJj.png

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yeah it doesn't look great, classic artstyle is great but oof. but this is the caveat when you want 4K 60fps AND a semi open world hub area... as this game is the last Halo for a while and is gonna be a live service game...

Think back to Halo 5 going to sub 720p on OG Xbox One just to keep 60fps I see something similar going on here.

Brute

Standard Donor
The raw graphics aren't amazing, but honestly, I'd prefer the visuals of Halo Infinite compared to Halo 4/5. I can actually tell what's going on in Infinite, as the colors are vibrant and silhouettes distinct, so even in hectic combat you have a very clear sense of what's going on in a way you rarely do in most modern games.

Kinda the opposite of Ghost of Tsushima, I guess.

UpSideDownGRUNT

There's a big difference in how each console is handling it's killer launch games, you got Xbox doing all they can to get their games running on a VCR Xbox and at 4K 60fps on SX despite the consequences that has visually and then you got Sony and PS5 pushing the limits of what PS5 can do in these early stages even if it means only having 30fps for most games.

My favourite thing is people say stuff like "give me 60fps and bad graphics anyday over amazing graphics and bad framerate!" but when something like Halo comes out looking like it does even if it's hitting native 4K 60 the same people are like "ew! look at this ugly game lul PS2 graphics" lmao.

Brute

Standard Donor
My favourite thing is people say stuff like "give me 60fps and bad graphics anyday over amazing graphics and bad framerate!" but when something like Halo comes out looking like it does even if it's hitting native 4K 60 the same people are like "ew! look at this ugly game lul PS2 graphics" lmao.
Not me.

Then again, I don't even need 4K.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD