The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3v

Is anyone having the problem where the costumes aren't showing up? I bought them yesterday and I've looked yesterday and today and they still won't show up. :( (PSN)

Very likely this is the reason:

Team NINJA ‏@TeamNINJAStudio 8h
For PS3 users, you also need to download Costume Catalog 02 (it's free) in order to use the new school costumes. #DOA5U

Weird, mine automatically downloaded the catalog when I bought the costumes.

Me want Kasumi

No comedic ethnic stereotypes on my mila, please. Just give her a sports outfit with the spanish flag or somethin.
Maybe a flower in the hair or somethin is okay.
I like that idea. I just wanted an outfit that shows that she is Spanish and a flamenco dress was the first thing to come to mind.Also it wouldn't really be a comedic stereotype.
Well a "hipster matador" could work for her. Even though I personally find it a bit stereotyped. Reminds me of that crappy costume they gave to Helena. She looks like an theater curtain.
txnw.jpg
I'd think that would look great on her and fi her well. Although again it wouldn't really be bad to have one Spanish outfit. Everyone else has outfits fro there nationalities.

Why not give Helena a cigarette, beret, striped shirt, hairy legs and baguettes, while we are at it?

Can we pass on the ethnic stereotype outfits? Please? Part of milas appeal is that her country of origin isn't her whole identity, like most females in fighters.

Just one Spanish outfit wouldn't hurt.

Does anyone know any actual, current fashion trends in Spain? No? Then please stop.

Cause trying to give her cliche stereotype ceremonial outfits is just dumb. And it doesn't suit her.

It wouldn't be "dumb", it would be a cool idea and it would suit her very well

Belive me, the fashion in spain is the same as in other countries. The only thing famous in spain are the stupid flamenco costumes, and I don't think this would suit Mila at all.

That actually may work though. Mila has worn many dresses and looked right in it so a flaminco dress wouldn't be bad

On that note, does she even live in Spain? Cause she works in a diner and goes to a gym that everyone else frequents. Combine that with no "homeland accent" like Christie and Helena, and I'm thinkin she's actually stateside, and its just her ethnicity that is Spanish, not her nationality.

Like I'm pure Irish, but not from Ireland and I'm not gonna dress up like a leprechaun.

See what I'm getting at with the matador/flamenco nonsense? Certain outfit elements would be fine, but not a whole getup. Like, give her the shoulder cape, but "punkish" on a regular punk outfit. Black leather looks good on her.

It's bad because Mila is fine the way she is, she doesnt even live in spain so she doesn't need to walk around in dresses or start fighting bulls.
it's just as rediculous as giving Rig this:
View attachment 2579
I dont want to see Mila in any racially out of character costumes, (especially no fucking flaminco dress smh) she's perfect just being her tomboy self...

Maybe she used to live in spain during her childhood and moved to the US to become an MMA fighter. Ya never know. Also isn't her nationality being Spanish in her profile?

Ok again, I just want "one" costume showing she is Spanish, not 12. I mean Hitomi doesn't live in Japan but she still gets a Japanese schoolgirl outfit and a Gym outfit. Eliot lives in China but that didn't stop him from wearing british clothing. And both of them don't have accents

And again, I obviously said a flaminco dress since that was my only idea and from the comment I was practically asking for more ideas. Ya don't gotta bash me or the idea. Also they are many outits the DOA characters wear that wear outfits that they wouldn't usually wear like the cop outfits and the nurses outfits for example.

And Argentus, people in Ireland don't wear leprechaun outfits, so where did that come from?

Rawbietussin

So many people asking for male costumes, yet I haven't seen a single "OMG people are so gay!" comment yet.
What is going on?! Where have all the trolls disappeared exactely?!

I'd love more male costumes too (REAL costumes! No swimwears!) but then again I'm gay, and in spite of that I tipically main female characters.
This is getting weirder and weirder...

There's nothing wrong with being gay and maining a female but also wanting costumes for the guys.
I main as Helena and I'm gay but also wants costumes for the men. (although in my case, I prefer a good mix of classic, joke and fanservice costumes for variety)

Me want Kasumi

So many people asking for male costumes, yet I haven't seen a single "OMG people are so gay!" comment yet.

I'd love more male costumes too (REAL costumes! No swimwears!) but then again I'm gay, and in spite of that I tipically main female characters.
This is getting weirder and weirder...

lol wanting more outfits for the guys doesn't mean your gay, just being attracted to the same gender does. Also maining females doesn't either, there are many straight males who mostly or even only play girls. But what do I know, I'm bi lol

You are so gay.

I hope you said that to entertain his troll statement lol

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I don't swing that way, but at the same time, I'm not a bigot either. I'm gonna respect your wanting for more costumes for the male characters either way.

So as you can see, there are decent people out there. We aren't all trolls.

Rawbietussin

I have a feeling the next pack could be a Circus pack. Christie as a tamer, Helena with her DOA4's circus costume, Hitomi and Lei Fang with a lazy recolor, the young girls with animal mascot costumes (but with tiger patterns instead), the mature ones with cabaret outfits, that would be easy. :/

I mean, we have a circus stage, that would make sense. More than a school pack without an actual highschool stage. Genius.

I am not sure if you see it this way but I think a Circus Pack was already made before we even knew it. For some reason, I always see Helena's DOA2 red opera jacket a bit like a ringleader's costume. Hitomi as a juggling jester, Leifang as the highwire tightrope girl and Zack as the clown.

You know what, we should have some ballroom stage. I mean, we have girls in party dresses (Helena, Sarah, Lisa, Christie, Leifang) yet no stage to make use of it.

KwonJigglypuff

I am not sure if you see it this way but I think a Circus Pack was already made before we even knew it. For some reason, I always see Helena's DOA2 red opera jacket a bit like a ringleader's costume. Hitomi as a juggling jester, Leifang as the highwire tightrope girl and Zack as the clown.

You know what, we should have some ballroom stage. I mean, we have girls in party dresses (Helena, Sarah, Lisa, Christie, Leifang) yet no stage to make use of it.

Yeah, and I really want a Cocktail Party Pack. With tuxedos for the guys and Christie (those from DOAD were great).
I also wanted a ballroom stage before DOA5 was released one year ago, but no.
The Freedom Survivor stage from DOAD could work too, with the piano, the red carpets on the stairs... etc.

Yeah I know about the circus costumes for Lei Fang and Hitomi, that's why I said in my previous post that if a Circus Pack was ever released, they would end up with recolors. :p

Rawbietussin

Yeah, and I really want a Cocktail Party Pack. With tuxedos for the guys and Christie (those from DOAD were great).
I also wanted a ballroom stage before DOA5 was released one year ago, but no.
The Freedom Survivor stage from DOAD could work too, with the piano, the red carpets on the stairs... etc.

Yeah I know about the circus costumes for Lei Fang and Hitomi, that's why I said in my previous post that if a Circus Pack was ever released, they would end up with recolors. :p

I always loved the Freedom Survivor's ballroom section but I don't think TN wants stage with stairs back so they dropped the thought off. It's rather sad.

Funny how Christie never wore a skirt/dress back then and was actually more androgynous-looking than Mila is. I always loved her butler suit. (I always have her paired with Helena in her DOAD party dress during 2 VS 2 Tag Challenges, they make an epic couple when against Hitomi/Ein and Leifang/JL like they couldn't tell if Helena's date was a guy or a girl).

KwonJigglypuff

I always loved the Freedom Survivor's ballroom section but I don't think TN wants stage with stairs back so they dropped the thought off. It's rather sad.

Funny how Christie never wore a skirt/dress back then and was actually more androgynous-looking than Mila is. I always loved her butler suit. (I always have her paired with Helena in her DOAD party dress during 2 VS 2 Tag Challenges, they make an epic couple when against Hitomi/Ein and Leifang/JL like they couldn't tell if Helena's date was a guy or a girl).

Yeah me too, that was my team in DOAD's (boring) tag mode.
Even though I've never been particulary fond of their uninspirated tag throw (Christie to Helena).

Rawbietussin

Yeah me too, that was my team in DOAD's (boring) tag mode.
Even though I've never been particulary fond of their uninspirated tag throw (Christie to Helena).

I prefer tag transition from Helena to Christie better. The kick behind the legs + double slap was dull.

If I were to imagine a new tag transition for them. It would probably have both of them doing Christie's 6K4K.

KwonJigglypuff

Christie's DOA4 Ending. She does the 4K bit in her 6K4K @ 0:39-0:41.

Oh yes right ! Well that's an awesome stripper move, I'm sure I've seen one of the Pussycat Dolls performing it one day. I love it, it feels so... unnatural and unlogical in a fight, but it is so sexy.
Thanks for reminding me of that ending.

KwonJigglypuff

Speaking of dance, I wish we had a female fighter with moves based on various dances : Ballet, African dances that created Capoeira, urban dances.. I hope Zafina, Viola and Tira will inspire Team Ninja.

A move I really like would be that circular kick one (at 0:24). Would be nice if you could repeat it like 3 times with some delay, like : :3::3::K: :5::K::5::K:

And I quite feel sad and jelly about the fact Alpha got that cool ballet kick in DOA5U.

Argentus

I like that idea. I just wanted an outfit that shows that she is Spanish and a flamenco dress was the first thing to come to mind.Also it wouldn't really be a comedic stereotype.

I'd think that would look great on her and fi her well. Although again it wouldn't really be bad to have one Spanish outfit. Everyone else has outfits fro there nationalities.

Just one Spanish outfit wouldn't hurt.

It wouldn't be "dumb", it would be a cool idea and it would suit her very well

That actually may work though. Mila has worn many dresses and looked right in it so a flaminco dress wouldn't be bad

Maybe she used to live in spain during her childhood and moved to the US to become an MMA fighter. Ya never know. Also isn't her nationality being Spanish in her profile?

Ok again, I just want "one" costume showing she is Spanish, not 12. I mean Hitomi doesn't live in Japan but she still gets a Japanese schoolgirl outfit and a Gym outfit. Eliot lives in China but that didn't stop him from wearing british clothing. And both of them don't have accents

And again, I obviously said a flaminco dress since that was my only idea and from the comment I was practically asking for more ideas. Ya don't gotta bash me or the idea. Also they are many outits the DOA characters wear that wear outfits that they wouldn't usually wear like the cop outfits and the nurses outfits for example.

And Argentus, people in Ireland don't wear leprechaun outfits, so where did that come from?

Im just saying, Mila is the only girl who's not an ethnic stereotype, please don't take that away from her. Flamenco wouldn't look good, she's better in pants than a dress. Even her one skirt outfit, the Hitomi barmaid, doesn't suit her at all. And matadar is just too silly. A more tomboyish outfit reminscent of flamenco would be fine, but not a full dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD