The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawbietussin

5UCE DLCs + Pre-order idol costumes have yet to reach on Asian PSN stores.

However, they released the Naughty School Girl & Teacher DLCs up.

Omegan Eckhart

Anyone else having problems with boosters in Ranked? Every time I get a throw down it's some person just standing there doing fuck all.

On a positive note I wait for them to get pissed off, let them hit me a bit, let them gain 2 rounds via Time Up whilst turtling and blocking and then slowly take 3 back and win. It almost makes it worth it.

Argentus

I can no longer play thanks to stupid psn. It keeps disconnecting me during second or third round, saying "you have signed out", even though it never actually signs me out.

God I hate psn, but I guess you get what you pay for...ps3 is great until i try to take it online lol.

CFW

I only have the disconnect problem when there's more than one person using the wifi.
Sadly I don't have internet and I couldn't even play with Hitomi offline.

What characters are unlocked on Core Fighters this time?

Argentus

Ugh. Im about ready to be done with doa. I go online and now its just people mashing and trying to do rushdown. (As opposed to people being terrified of counters in previous games so they rarely ever just rushed in) I rarely see anyone trying or using any real strategy. I have quite a few reasons why the playerbase has deteriorated to standard rushdown spammers, but suffice to say, its killed DOA for me. I played DOA ultimate and 4 because id find people carefully positioning, feinting, reading, and trying to make every single hit count. Every fight was fun and intense.

In DOA5 and 5u? All I've really found is people just rushing in to do juggle setups, as if this were tekken. With Leon back, I can put the fear of god in em and force em to be careful again, but for the most part its just been standard "opponent rushes in trying to spam a juggle/stun combo".

So..its been fun and I had high hopes, especially with Leons return, but seeing DOA be watered down like this...ugh. ill probably change my mind after some sleep but I haven't had any fun playing 5u so far.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Ugh. Im about ready to be done with doa. I go online and now its just people mashing and trying to do rushdown. (As opposed to people being terrified of counters in previous games so they rarely ever just rushed in) I rarely see anyone trying or using any real strategy.
Quite the contrary. Baiting holds to throw and/or set up unholdable stuns under rushdown pressure ARE real strategies. You're not seeing the forest for the trees.

I have quite a few reasons why the playerbase has deteriorated to standard rushdown spammers, but suffice to say, its killed DOA for me. I played DOA ultimate and 4 because id find people carefully positioning, feinting, reading, and trying to make every single hit count. Every fight was fun and intense.
And you don't believe the same can be applied here? When you've got an unholdable stun setup by properly positioning an opponent to bait the wrong hold in order to execute the proper attack that goes into it on counter hit, you ARE making every single hit count. Your problem lies in the fact you can't use holds anytime you want without being severely punished for it. Practice on other ways to counter this situation without having to use a hold, or read the opponent ahead of time to instill the fear of them rushing you down. Make them play your game, not the other way around.

In DOA5 and 5u? All I've really found is people just rushing in to do juggle setups, as if this were tekken. With Leon back, I can put the fear of god in em and force em to be careful again, but for the most part its just been standard "opponent rushes in trying to spam a juggle/stun combo".
If it works on you, why stop using it?

This is not stopping players like DontForkWitMe, Galen and Sly Bass from getting the most out of Leon. They should be your inspiration, if anyone.

Brute

Standard Donor
All of Leon's holds do 60 dmg on NH. The Desert Falcon does 78 damage (+wall/environment) on NH. His P6P2K, P6PcP 6PPK and 6PPcP alone are enough to pressure your opponent into attempting holds for a desert falcon bait. He has two standing OHs and another OH that catches crouching opponents that's only i10. With his best mid string starting at i14 (fastest at i13 but only one follow-up that's not very tricky), you only have to wait until your opponent throws something out that's -6 on block (which if they're using rushdown should be happening), you will beat out every option they can do except: A) Blocking (but these strings give you amazing anti-block pressure) B) holds, in which case go straight into HiC desert falcon punishes. Even his lightning-fast grappler-speed throws do great damage.

Leon can wreck an opponent with only 2-3 proper reads. If you survive match-start, you're golden. Also of note: Leon is a super-heavyweight, meaning juggles aren't as effective against him anyway.

Argentus

Quite the contrary. Baiting holds to throw and/or set up unholdable stuns under rushdown pressure ARE real strategies. You're not seeing the forest for the trees.

And you don't believe the same can be applied here? When you've got an unholdable stun setup by properly positioning an opponent to bait the wrong hold in order to execute the proper attack that goes into it on counter hit, you ARE making every single hit count. Your problem lies in the fact you can't use holds anytime you want without being severely punished for it. Practice on other ways to counter this situation without having to use a hold, or read the opponent ahead of time to instill the fear of them rushing you down. Make them play your game, not the other way around.

If it works on you, why stop using it?

This is not stopping players like DontForkWitMe, Galen and Sly Bass from getting the most out of Leon. They should be your inspiration, if anyone.

Better question. If it doesn't work on me, why do they keep doing it?

Sad answer. Because they know they just need to guess a single lucky hit to do a juggle that does enough damage to make up for all the misses.

Like I said, with Leon I can put the fear of god in em, but the way juggles and stuns work now, combined with nonholdable situations, means I see people just rushing in hoping to get a lucky hit in for tgeir setup, regardless of how many tries it takes.

I know I'm not the best, but I'm good with Leon. Assuming I'm not caught in some endless blender juggle I do really well with him.

That's not an issue. The issue is simply that people just try to rush in and spam their setups hoping they'll get lucky and land it. Tehy aren't trying to bait holds, thats my game. You are giving them more credit than they deserve.

And mindless rushdown players are really, really boring to fight.

That said, even though the fight itself was mimd numbingly boring due to them just trying to blender.

For the record, dontforkwitme is the only good Leon I've seen so far. Haven't seen the others use him.

All of Leon's holds do 60 dmg on NH. The Desert Falcon does 78 damage (+wall/environment) on NH. His P6P2K, P6PcP 6PPK and 6PPcP alone are enough to pressure your opponent into attempting holds for a desert falcon bait. He has two standing OHs and another OH that catches crouching opponents that's only i10. With his best mid string starting at i14 (fastest at i13 but only one follow-up that's not very tricky), you only have to wait until your opponent throws something out that's -6 on block (which if they're using rushdown should be happening), you will beat out every option they can do except: A) Blocking (but these strings give you amazing anti-block pressure) B) holds, in which case go straight into HiC desert falcon punishes. Even his lightning-fast grappler-speed throws do great damage.

Leon can wreck an opponent with only 2-3 proper reads. If you survive match-start, you're golden. Also of note: Leon is a super-heavyweight, meaning juggles aren't as effective against him anyway.

I have no idea what the first half of your post says. I don't know the shorthand jargon.

That said, Leon already wrecks people, even with me not using desert falcon much at all.
Knee to dervish throw is brutal.

You do realize this one of the things that the community didn't like about past games
like4 right.

I loved it. It weeded out the idiots trying to spam. Made people think before making a move, like chess. Now every other match is the idiots rushng in and humping my leg before the round starts, then getting countered as they try to immediately start punching.

It reminds me of people trying to open every round of every match in 2d fighters with crossups, only to always eat the anti air move my guy has. Why dont people use their heads?!

Last edited:

Argentus

You do realize this one of the things that the community didn't like about past games
like4 right.

I loved it. It weeded out the idiots trying to spam. Made people think before making a move, like chess. Now every other match is the idiots rushng in and humping my leg before the round starts, then getting countered as they try to immediately start punching.

It reminds me of people trying to open every round of every match in 2d fighters with crossups, only to always eat the anti air move my guy has. Why dont people use their heads?!

Nameless Sama

I have a question about kasumis scound blue school out outfit with yellow skit. Can you play with this outfit without glases ? I play with Kasumi too but Ryu is my favourite after all I only say Izuna Drop + Lost Stage + TAAAAAAA =........ :p

d3v

And when was spam ever a bad thing?

Also, you do realize that strong countets is one of the things that made DOA4 be considered one of the worse fighting games ever made right? It made no sense how someone who got a hit in were punished with more damage of a counter than what they dealt.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Better question. If it doesn't work on me, why do they keep doing it?

Sad answer. Because they know they just need to guess a single lucky hit to do a juggle that does enough damage to make up for all the misses.

Like I said, with Leon I can put the fear of god in em, but the way juggles and stuns work now, combined with nonholdable situations, means I see people just rushing in hoping to get a lucky hit in for tgeir setup, regardless of how many tries it takes.

I know I'm not the best, but I'm good with Leon. Assuming I'm not caught in some endless blender juggle I do really well with him.

That's not an issue. The issue is simply that people just try to rush in and spam their setups hoping they'll get lucky and land it. Tehy aren't trying to bait holds, thats my game. You are giving them more credit than they deserve.

And mindless rushdown players are really, really boring to fight.
Then... play other people. Preferably folks from this site that know what they're doing. Simple solution if you think you're good with Leon and want a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD