MaxiKilla

List

Top: Christie, Gen fu, Momiji, Lisa, Hayate, Kasumi, Ayane

High: Rig, Leon, Bayman, Jan Lee, Zack, Jacky, Hitomi, Rachel, Ryu,

Mid: Akira, Tina, Bass, Sarah, Lei fang, Helena, Kokoro, Mila

Low: eliot

Last edited:

MaxiKilla

Can't say I can agree with that list. Kasumi top and Sarah mid? Yeah... No....
Sarah is good but her damage is not and she requires too much work for little damage. Since Jacky has better damage and doesn't require a lot work due to his throw punish, i put her in the mid list. Her throw punish is also weak so you would have to rely on poking to get in.

Last edited:

Zeo

Last time I was here the higher level players agreed Phase was bad because she was immensely unsafe and easily punishable. I also notice Ein is usually absent on these lists.

Lulu

Last time I was here the higher level players agreed Phase was bad because she was immensely unsafe and easily punishable. I also notice Ein is usually absent on these lists.

If you're interested in my oppinion I would place Ein in the Bottom 3. Along side Leon and maybe Eliot.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
:eek:
Phase 4 near the Top ? I wouldn't put her anywhere up there...... Buuuuuuut its not my list.
Eh, Phase-4 has actually done quite decently in tournaments including a major win, and seems more like a "bad on paper" character. Hayate's a character I see get rated highly commonly but rarely see him tear it up in tournaments in DOA5/5U/LR where "tier placement" matters.

Lulu

Eh, Phase-4 has actually done quite decently in tournaments including a major win, and seems more like a "bad on paper" character. Hayate's a character I see get rated highly commonly but rarely see him tear it up in tournaments in DOA5/5U/LR where "tier placement" matters.

Yeah but bad in those cases I would credit that to the player's Skill and not Phase 4's Tools. Even if she made it to top 8 several times. I don't think her placement on the tierlist should be revised until another Balance Update.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yeah but bad in those cases I would credit that to the player's Skill and not Phase 4's Tools. Even if she made it to top 8 several times. I don't think her placement on the tierlist should be revised until another Balance Update.
I still believe Phase-4 is low tier overall, but I guess it's more an issue with tier lists not being reflective of average tournament outcomes, undermining the legitimacy of their existence.

MaxiKilla

Out of curiosity, why do you think Phase-4 is Top tier, but Akira, Leifang, Helena & Mila are mid tier...

Phase 4 has good control over stage combos with ridiculous juggling but i will remove her. I'm still keeping Akira, Helena and Mila mid. Leifang might go up. I'm glad no one disagreed with high and low.

DontForkWitMe

If you're interested in my oppinion I would place Ein in the Bottom 3. Along side Leon and maybe Eliot.

GQkOyDp.gif

Lulu

I still believe Phase-4 is low tier overall, but I guess it's more an issue with tier lists not being reflective of average tournament outcomes, undermining the legitimacy of their existence.

To be fair DoA is not like other games.... so I'm not surprised to see it deviate from the expected result.

MaxiKilla

Yeah man where are the Hayate players at? Threads are ghost too.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Phase 4 has good control over stage combos with ridiculous juggling but i will remove her. I'm still keeping Akira, Helena and Mila mid. Leifang might go up. I'm glad no one disagreed with high and low.
I actually disagree with around 60% of your list but Phase-4 being high stood out the most to me. Phase-4's stage combo game isn't really better than other "stage combo" characters like Hayabusa and of course Leon.

Lulu

I actually disagree with around 60% of your list but Phase-4 being high stood out the most to me. Phase-4's stage combo game isn't really better than other "stage combo" characters like Hayabusa and of course Leon.

If you only she was alil Closer to her opponent after a Dangerzone bounce..... but then again I can say that about Every character....... except :jacky:. That :4::H+K: is just so damn good.

Her Ability to capitalize off of Breakables is good though.

KING JAIMY

I'm bored. So I decided to create my own tier list. Thoughts?

SS (Overpowered): None.

S+ (Top Tier): :christie::genfu::ayane:

S (Strong): :leifang::helena::akira::sarah:

S- (High Tier): :momiji::rig::zack::pai:

A+ (Above average): :kasumi::jannlee::hayabusa::hayate::mila::rachel:

A (Balanced): :hitomi::tina::jacky::cyborg::marierose::bass:

A- (Below average): :lisa::leon::honoka::bayman:

B (Situational): :kokoro::bradwong::nyotengu::ein::eliot:

C (Weak): :alpha152::phase4:

D (Unviable): None.

Honestly I wouldn't say any character is unviable or overpowered at the moment. Some characters need buffs/nerfs more than others, though.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Revising Leon's placement in the list. Will try to post something by the end of the weekend.

Edit: I will post it with the intent of inviting debate, not argument or denial. If there is something significant about a matchup I will post thoughts and will answer questions as best I can.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD