The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team

Kasumi-Phase-X

Yesss!!! Praying for Sarah as Anna and maybe Lili and Claudio thrown in too!!<3

I have a feeling Sarah would be more of a Nina since their appearances are similar plus Nina had more appearances in the Tekken franchise than Anna does (here are games Nina appears & Anna didn't like Tekken Advance, Tekken 4, Tekken Resolute, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Revolution, Tekken Card Tournament, & Tekken Arena), Nina has her own game which Death By Degree, and Nina appears first before Anna (like Tekken 7 & Tekken Mobile). The female cast is going to be an interesting choice due to how small VF female roster is, males will have plenty of choices that would fit as well as their Yakuza collab.

My idea would be Pai as Xiaoyu, Aoi as Asuka, Vanessa as Katarina, & Eileen as Alisa

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I have a feeling Sarah would be more of a Nina since their appearances are similar plus Nina had more appearances in the Tekken franchise than Anna does (here are games Nina appears & Anna didn't like Tekken Advance, Tekken 4, Tekken Resolute, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Revolution, Tekken Card Tournament, & Tekken Arena), Nina has her own game which Death By Degree, and Nina appears first before Anna (like Tekken 7 & Tekken Mobile). The female cast is going to be an interesting choice due to how small VF female roster is, males will have plenty of choices that would fit as well as their Yakuza collab.

My idea would be Pai as Xiaoyu, Aoi as Asuka, Vanessa as Katarina, & Eileen as Alisa

Aside from the fact that Sarah and Nina share the same VA (Lisle Wilkerson). I know at one point, Eric Kelso voiced both Jacky Bryant and Paul Phoenix, but he voiced Paul from Tekken 3-Tekken 6.

DyByHands

The tekken clothes (skins?) are cool and all. But, Id rather doa stuff in VF. I never played vf until DOA5 had their characters and now i love it too. Wheres the returned favor?

still though, I’ll get this!

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Alright, the recent episode of Harada's Bar is available! Seiji Aoki and Tokido are the guests. (EDIT: It looks like there are three episodes? I uploaded the second one, this time with Akai's notes from VFDC.)

Episode 1:

Episode 2:
A little tidbit from Akai from VFDC about both episodes:

Episode 1:
- Both Aoki and Tokido second appearance at Harada's Bar

- This is Aoki meeting Tokido for the first time.

- 18 million of VF series / 10 million download of VF5US

- Tokido and VF. Only interest in beating an opponent in VF was with VF2. Against his cousin that he sees twice a year or so.

- Aoki asked why he chose to play the Street Fighter series. Tokido chose to play the Street Fighter series, because of the people he wanted to meet and play against was playing Street Fighter. Harada sums it up - the community.

Talk Theme - New release
- Street Fighter 6 Teaser - Tokido "about time" -
- Tokido is the type of player that "eats whatever the maker serve." Not someone who voice his opinion. Just want it to be popular.

- Harada: The more competitors' products sale, our products sale. Especially for arcade games. Harada avoids talking about his own game.
:)

- Virtua Fighter - Aoki - of the big three game series VF have the lowest number (1,2,3). Harada - if miss the opportunity presented now, it would be a big mistake.

- Aoki - we are thinking about the next game. Have deep discussions internally. Next game may not be called VF6. A reboot of some sort maybe...think contents before name.

Episode 2:
- Overseas Market (from a Japanese-centric viewpoint) - Focus on overseas is important. Harada mentions Tekken Japan domestic sales make up only 3%. According to Tokido, Street Fighter Japan domestic sales make up about 10%. Aoki mentions for Virtua Fighter, domestic Japan sales makes up only 5 to 10%. Harada joke, you are kind of slow to realize the importance of the overseas market!

- Harada use example of Morkal Kombat. Design for that fighting game for family to play against each other (Harada) and single player content (Aoki), not for competitors like Tokido. Tournament participation decrease every year for that game, but sales better than Tekken and Street Fighter. Aoki mentions how he is interested in seeing how Street Fighter 6 performs as he feel similar situation.

- Rumors many times of collaboration, but first actual collaboration seen inside the game titles.

- Release fighting games and the announcements, the companies try to make plans (read in between lines) to not overlap with each other. Aoki glad Street FIghter 6 was announced, "we won't have to overlap if we released a new title."

- Read in between lines, it sounds like Harada delaying announcements for next Tekken, in respect of Capcom/Street Fighter announcing Street Fighter 6.

- Aoki casually mentions the big gaming shows around September or so such as Tokyo Game Show / E3 (which is cancelled for this year) for announcements . Most Announcement for overseas first, the Japan gets to try it out first.

- Funny story about Harada accidentally tweet announcement for Street Fighter V before it was intended. Also miscommunication between different branches of the companies especially due to time differences.

- Aoki mentioned wanting to "make one big project with everyone" something Harada express interest also. Note that in the Roundtable, Aoki mentioned something similar. Seems a major hurdle for this, is which company gets to do it.

Looks like one more episode with Aoki and Tokido.

Last edited:

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
We got Lili for PAI!!

30_vf-tekken-collab15.jpg

Ngl, the models kinda seem rough but they obviously just were given Tekken 7's assets and compared to VF the quality is definitely low so that's on Tekken. It's definitely cool to see tho, I can't wait!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They look worse than something from an amateur DeviantArt costume modder.

Really Aoi as Asuka? Kazumi would have been the better choice. The rest of the character choices make sense though.
Asuka actually makes sense since she's way more popular than Kazumi, and her style is like Aoi too with how they're both very focused on defensive reads and such. I personally feel like that was a good choice although they would have definitely would have nailed it if they gave Aoi Asuka's kimono from T5 or her shrine maiden armor with the side ponytail but hey xD

Lili as Pai imo is kinda eh since their styles are nowhere alike but lili is super popular as well too although I would have preferred her regular white dress, not really a fan of the new one but her hair looks great in the back!

Derock

Who decided Lili for Pai? That's a horrible choice IMO. It should had been Xiaoyu or Julia (because Seishi Ishi was BOTH the creator of Virtua Fighter 1 and Tekken 1 and 2).

• Star
Reactions: Rob

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Xiaoyu yeah I agree but they probably didn't go with her since Pai already can pretty much look like her with her custom items, it would have been redundant imo. Julia I don't see anyone as in VF since no other character really suits her imo

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD