Tekken 7 Costume: Armor King
    Tekken 7 BGM: Distorter 1st
    image59.png image77.jpg

Dural
    Tekken 7 Costume: N/A
    Tekken 7 BGM: Metallic Experience 1st

Get ready for the next battle!
    VF5US-Tekken-7-DLC-Collab-Akira-vs-Jean-1.jpg

What do you think of this collaboration with a major rival? Are you happy with the Character and BGM assignments? Let us know your thoughts below!

Derock

Julia I don't see anyone as in VF since no other character really suits her imo

The reason I said Julia because of Michelle. She was "originally" Pai's counterpart for Chinese Martial Arts, similar to Nina with Sarah. Interesting enough, many people did say Anna is a counterpart of Jacky due to "similar" storylines. May I remind you, Pai did had a wrestling move back in the day before it removed in VF4 Evolution.

KnacKrover

I bought Tekken 7 dlc along with Yakuza dlc today! although I'm not quite familiar the music from Yakuza series especially Like a Dragon installment

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Sega might have something worth announcing at EVO Japan. Aoki declined to participate in EVO '22 because he didn't want to show up without having something to announce or answers to what questions might be asked from said announcement.

lmao who am I kidding. This is Sega, so we'll probably see Virtua Fighter x Sonic crossover costume DLC.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Boy, do I wish I had time for VF, but I know how much skill is involved with the gameplay and it's too much practice for the time I have. I have to practice DOA5 and DOA6 to stay somewhat in touch and most of my other game time goes to new games or Team NINJA's other games that aren't DOA.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
SEGA really needs to consider releasing VF5US on Xbox & Steam. Seems silly to have a game exclusive to the PS4 in 2022. From a gameplay standpoint, PC & the Xbox Series have less input lag, which makes it a better platform for FG games going forward IMO.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
SEGA really needs to consider releasing VF5US on Xbox & Steam. Seems silly to have a game exclusive to the PS4 in 2022. From a gameplay standpoint, PC & the Xbox Series have less input lag, which makes it a better platform for FG games going forward IMO.
Sorry homie but that isn't true if we look at these results:

First one is a PS4 game.

I need to see if one of the Japanese dudes who does input lag tests has anything on VF5US, my guess is it's not going to look good. VF5FS feels just the slightest more responsive on PS3 but that could just be placebo.

But generally speaking PC should offer the lowest lag available and considering you can do tweaks and run games on higher refresh panels to lower latency.

The problem is fighting game PC ports are generally dogshit.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Sorry homie but that isn't true if we look at these results:

First one is a PS4 game.

I need to see if one of the Japanese dudes who does input lag tests has anything on VF5US, my guess is it's not going to look good. VF5FS feels just the slightest more responsive on PS3 but that could just be placebo.

But generally speaking PC should offer the lowest lag available and considering you can do tweaks and run games on higher refresh panels to lower latency.

The problem is fighting game PC ports are generally dogshit.
I should've specified a bit better. Games on the Xbox Series X (and Series S) have less input latency than on the PS5. Though this is if both games are outputting at high resolutions such as 4K. Something like KOF15 has less lag on an XSX than a PS5 for example. DOA6 & SCVI also feel more responsive. I have the aforementioned consoles. VF5FS on the XSX felt more responsive than VF5US did on a PS4 Pro/PS5.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I mean EVO claimed to have been working with Sony on lowering the input delay even further, but I've yet to read if theres been any significant changes done.

PS5's native input delay (PS5 games, not PS4 games on PS5) is definitely concerning. Hopefully that gets addressed.

As to DOA6...if you look at the results in that link, it's atrociously bad on PS4. It should be noted that the game engine itself has inherent 3F of delay (unlike DOA5LR which has none). But 7F is awful and is very noticeable.

I've played SC6 on PS4 as well and it's not great either but I also didn't think the PC version was good either. Supposedly Unreal Engine games suffered from input lag issues until Fortnite forced Epic to address it. But even if they did make fixes to the engine, SC6 still feels kinda delayed still.

My reference point in assessing delay subjectively is using Third Strike with FBNeo emulator with 1F run ahead and DOA5LR on PC. Both are extremely responsive games offline. I also have a fightstick PCB board with <1ms delay and an overclocked USB port, 240hz monitor (but playing DOA5LR on PC changes the refresh rate to 60hz in full screen, unfortunately).

Sorry nerd shit, I'm super obsessed about this stuff. Every frame matters :p especially in a game like VF

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD